Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you fly between Singapore and KL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    Can someone point me to the bus services that leave from KL Sentral (not Puduraya) to Singapore? I probably need to do this in May.
    Not sure if there are any from KL sentral to Singapore, but you can catch a short cab ride to 1Utama from Sentral to catch Aeroline.com.my's service to Singapore. Forget puduraya.... it's a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Not sure if there are any from KL sentral to Singapore, but you can catch a short cab ride to 1Utama from Sentral to catch Aeroline.com.my's service to Singapore. Forget puduraya.... it's a mess.
      Thanks. I figured when Snaffled posted earlier that his bus from Singapore got into Sentral, there must be some leaving from there as well.

Comment

I did this journey a long time ago when SQ still had the A310-300 on the run in Economy as well as the 777.It is more comfortable than any coach or even driving yourself if living in Singapore.

Comment

I did it last night on an SQ 330 with J well under half full. I wonder how long before it's an all MI route...and before common sense prevails and there is a high speed rail link between the two cities.

My first ever flight on SQ was SIN-KUL on an A310....

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            I thought puduraya is closed for now, so the other coaches go to Bukit jalil. Even more hassle there...

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            I did it last night on an SQ 330 with J well under half full. I wonder how long before it's an all MI route...and before common sense prevails and there is a high speed rail link between the two cities.

I think your flight is an exception of the usually full KUL runs, especially SQ119 where many are connecting at SIN.

Comment

I would skip flying to KUL the moment a train does SIN - KUL Sentral in under 2 hours. But until the work actually begins and finishes, I would continue to fly.
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                I would skip flying to KUL the moment a train does SIN - KUL Sentral in under 2 hours. But until the work actually begins and finishes, I would continue to fly.
                What train does it in 2 hours, I thought it took about 6 ?. On a related note I see they recently settled the land issue with KTM and their station is moving up to Woodlands.

I had no option but to fly anyway. I was in Bangkok over the weekend and was flying home from SIN Monday night. As I needed to meet someone in KL at short notice I got the early TG flight, KLIA Ekspres to KL Sentral, checked in at Hilton for a few hours and my customer came around for an hour. I checked out 4 hours after arriving and got the KLIA Ekspress back to KUL for the 1845 SQ flight to Changi.

The glamour of travel.....

Comment

I had a recent Doubletree PEK stay for 45 mins, so that's glamorous too!

Just enough time for a soak in a tub...

Comment

checked in at Hilton for a few hours and my customer came around for an hour.
                    [...]
                    ... as an international playboy!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Yeah, that boy sure does travel insanely...but with style!
                      HUGE AL

Comment

What train does it in 2 hours, I thought it took about 6 ?. On a related note I see they recently settled the land issue with KTM and their station is moving up to Woodlands.

I had no option but to fly anyway. I was in Bangkok over the weekend and was flying home from SIN Monday night. As I needed to meet someone in KL at short notice I got the early TG flight, KLIA Ekspres to KL Sentral, checked in at Hilton for a few hours and my customer came around for an hour. I checked out 4 hours after arriving and got the KLIA Ekspress back to KUL for the 1845 SQ flight to Changi.

Thats why I was saying I would skip flying the moment it did
                        Life's A Bitch,
                        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          Lol, if only!.

Comment

I would fly because I like to fly. I have enough of SBS buses locally, give me the plane anytime!

Comment

why not? the only gripe i have is that besides FY, everyone else flies out of KUL instead of SZB

Sigh i yearn for the days where I could leave my house 1hr to ETD and still check in, on time

Comment

I did try a flight to KL. It's best to do so if you are on a day trip like in my case (i.e. returning to SIN on the same day) but I advise you to allow plenty of time if your return flight departs out of the LCCT at KUL. The bus takes 5-7 hours getting into KL but that won't matter if you are in for a longer stay. I had no hold luggage as I was on a day trip.

Buses between the main terminal and LCCT are fast BUT they take at least 15 mins. I took 3K going there and AK returning only because 3K didn't have a flight that matched my schedule at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X