No announcement yet.

T3 Goes Live: Impressions of T3 and the SQ Lounges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'd rather hug his passport than his teddy bear ???

At least the backdrop in T3 looks mighty pretty.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      This is what you get at T3 ... You even can choose the color for your bed.
      I think I prefer the T2 slumberettes.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      He'd rather hug his passport than his teddy bear ???

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        I think I prefer the T2 slumberettes.
        You think? Just wish that the management will not have an intention removing the slumberettes in T2 SKL F.

Comment

You think? Just wish that the management will not have an intention removing the slumberettes in T2 SKL F.
          When do you anticipate that change being made?

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
            When do you anticipate that change being made?
            It might not be long. Apparently there is now only something like 3 departures from T2 between 2300 and 0700 (I may be out a little here, but it's something like this), so they don't need much at the SKL's any longer.

Comment

Finally got to use the T3 2 days ago and used the J side. The overall lounge does indeed look better than T2 but what sort of comparison is that! The showers were dissapointing, with the attendants not understanding a word i was trying to say and the shower not providing any hot water at all, lukewarm at best.

Food however compared to T2 was certainly much better but was a shame could not find and the dragon believed it as well that there are no power points to dock the laptop into in the acutal lounge but have to go to the computer section instead. On a very smaller note, signage could be much better both in the bathroom and to help get you through the somewhat confusing design of the place.

7/10. Not good enough yet again for an airline that prides itself in the air much is left to be improved on the ground IMveryHO.

Comment

It's all gone a bit quiet on this A+ lounge. Has anyone been in the F lounge in the last week who knows what the latest is ?. Or anyone who hasn't been in but knows ?.

We got the monthly PPS newsletter yesterday, and it contained the following comments about the SKL:

Located at level 3 above Departure Gate A1, it is 4,000 square metres of luxury, with walls adorned in fine marble and rich timber. The high ceiling gives a sense of space and full-length windows allow customers to enjoy unparalleled views of the tarmac in peace and quiet as they relax in seats upholstered in soft leather.

The entire lounge is WiFi-enabled, allowing customers to surf the internet from wherever they are seated. 36 internet and workstations are also available for use.

Separate sections serve Business Class and First Class customers as well as eligible PPS Club members. Each section comes with its own dining areas, food service counters, bars, television areas, showers and washrooms as well as nursing rooms.

The bolding is mine, and I'd be interested to know where these 'unparalleled views of the tarmac' are from ?.

The next bit makes no mention of the other lounge:

Singapore Airlines Suites and First Class customers, as well as Solitaire PPS Club members travelling on Singapore Airlines, may also visit the First Class section.

I'm through myself next weekend so I'll be interested to see if they've opened the 'special bit'.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  It's all gone a bit quiet on this A+ lounge. Has anyone been in the F lounge in the last week who knows what the latest is ?. Or anyone who hasn't been in but knows ?.

We got the monthly PPS newsletter yesterday, and it contained the following comments about the SKL:

Located at level 3 above Departure Gate A1, it is 4,000 square metres of luxury, with walls adorned in fine marble and rich timber. The high ceiling gives a sense of space and full-length windows allow customers to enjoy unparalleled views of the tarmac in peace and quiet as they relax in seats upholstered in soft leather.

The entire lounge is WiFi-enabled, allowing customers to surf the internet from wherever they are seated. 36 internet and workstations are also available for use.

Separate sections serve Business Class and First Class customers as well as eligible PPS Club members. Each section comes with its own dining areas, food service counters, bars, television areas, showers and washrooms as well as nursing rooms.

The bolding is mine, and I'd be interested to know where these 'unparalleled views of the tarmac' are from ?.

The next bit makes no mention of the other lounge:

Singapore Airlines Suites and First Class customers, as well as Solitaire PPS Club members travelling on Singapore Airlines, may also visit the First Class section.

I'm through myself next weekend so I'll be interested to see if they've opened the 'special bit'.
                  When I was there last week, the A+ was still closed and my conversation with the lounge dragon still confirmed that the access rule was not clear yet despite there was a tendency towards "access for full fare F and R pax only". I of course voiced my disappointment again on this potential decision especially in light of the poor job SQ had done with the F side at T3.

Signs at the toilets are now properly installed. The shower facilities are nicer than those at SKL F at T2 despite being a little too small - the spa type shower head is nice. However, these facilities are still far from the ones at TG, CX, and VS lounges. Well, even the shower facilities at the AA lounge at LAX are better than this. Also, why does SQ continue to use that plastic smell radioactive like fluorescent pink substance as shower gel at T3?

Comment

So hypothetically speaking, if SIA allows the A+ lounge to be used by F/R pax as well as solitaire pps, who will use the current F lounge at T3?
                    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
                      So hypothetically speaking, if SIA allows the A+ lounge to be used by F/R pax as well as solitaire pps, who will use the current F lounge at T3?
                      The way to do it, particularly in view of how poor the current F lounge at T3 is, would be to just open the whole thing up and have one big good quality F lounge*. This A+ place is at the back of the current F lounge anyway so you presumably have to walk through there to get to it.

*This is presuming this A+ is something worth getting excited about.

Comment

The way to do it, particularly in view of how poor the current F lounge at T3 is, would be to just open the whole thing up and have one big good quality F lounge*. This A+ place is at the back of the current F lounge anyway so you presumably have to walk through there to get to it.

*This is presuming this A+ is something worth getting excited about.
                        I would not open up the place. Should keep the new place separately. Look at the pictures below... different furnitures and have a window view. Looks comfier with the high back seats.

Look, Solitaire flying SQ Y are entitled to the F Lounge. So, the "true F and R lounge" would be a plus. It can be perceived as a special benefit for those who has the real red and gold BP (long haul flights). I know the red BP to KUL would not make the cut, as well as CGK and other shorter distance destinations. (Yeah, they are in T2, but few pax would go check-in at T3 to use the much better FC Check-In lounge with immigration fasttrack.) And yes, with no guest policy in the new + lounge would make the place more special.

Just my opinion. It's the answer to those Solitaires who looked down on me for this past 7 years in the old T2 facilities. So now my ego kicks in...

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
                          Solitaires and some of those in F/R who don't know or couldn't care less which lounge they go to.

Similar to the LHR T4 BA F lounge (i.e. the crowded BA gold/other OW emerald lounge) compared to the Concorde Room (for F only but which is nothing special).

Comment

I would not open up the place. Should keep the new place separately. Look at the pictures below... .

Just my opinion. It's the answer to those Solitaires who looked down on me for this past 7 years in the old T2 facilities. So now my ego kicks in...
                            I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one then. If the current F lounge was great I'd be inclined to agree. But when even Sir StarG believes the TG F lounge beats it 'hands down' then something is gravely wrong. Where are these pictures below ?.

BTW, allowing TPP's into the A+ lounge is not much of an answer to ar**hole TPP's who have looked down on people over the years. They only understand one language.

Comment

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one then. If the current F lounge was great I'd be inclined to agree. But when even Sir StarG believes the TG F lounge beats it 'hands down' then something is gravely wrong. Where are these pictures below ?.

BTW, allowing TPP's into the A+ lounge is not much of an answer to ar**hole TPP's who have looked down on people over the years. They only understand one language.
                              Oops my mistake.. here you go...

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post

Comment

They still haven't. Nor did anyone know when it's opening, or did anyone know what the access rules will be....

Comment

Working...
                                X