Late night time makan in Singapore ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late night time makan in Singapore ?

I was just wondering where it's best to get food late (e.g. 2-3am) in Singapore ?

Last time, I ended up at a hawker centre recommended by a taxi driver (Eminent Plaza - intersection of Jalan Besar and Lavender) for wonton noodles and I also went to Lau Par Sat for satay (although it was winding up, e.g. the teh tarik stall was clearing up). They were both adequate but most stalls were shut.

I would definitely recommend jalan kayu for Roti Prata. Top it off with some Peranakan or mutton curry and you've got yourself a little piece of heaven! I'll admit there have been a few places where I've tasted a bit better prata but they're hidden in the HDB communities. But Jalan Kayu should suffice.
    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Casuarina Curry for brilliant prata is open 24 hours I think, if you're in the area

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Is Casuarina Curry also in Jalan Kayu (I've never been there so far) ?

Comment

This blog recommends good eating places:

24hrs:
          http://ieatishootipost.blogspot.com/...n%2024%20hours
          Have tried about 1/2 the places recommended and I agree with his choice. There's an error though, e.blackboard does not open 24/7

Ones that open till relatively late:
          http://ieatishootipost.blogspot.com/...20after%2010pm

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Thanks for the replies! Is Casuarina Curry also in Jalan Kayu (I've never been there so far) ?
            Casuarina Curry is along Casuarina Road, off Upper Thomson Road. Not quite at Jalan Kayu, but in that general geography of Singapore. For the record, I have even a police car parked illegally outside the outlet as the officers happily munched pratas within.
            My Cafe Adventures
            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

IIRC, Casuarina is not open 24 hours, but Thasevi at Jalan Kayu is.

Comment

Prata at Thomson is also not bad. There's always Chomp Chomp @ Serangoon that opens into the wee hours (mainly weekends).
                We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Spize on River Valley Road is open between 6pm & 6am. Wide ranging menu: the Prata and "Paul's Murtabak" are the main attractions though.

Service is spotty, but the food makes up for it. Proximity to the clubbing areas makes it easy to get to before heading home for sleep.

Comment

Just realise that Hong Kong Cafe @ Kovan operates 24 hours on weekends.
                    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                      Just realise that Hong Kong Cafe @ Kovan operates 24 hours on weekends.
                      Didn't really liked the food there when I last tried it.

Just round the corner, there is a very popular Nasi Lemak with queues that snakes up and down the road.

Comment

geyland would have lots of eateries opened in the early morning hrs ....and more

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          geyland would have lots of eateries opened in the early morning hrs ....and more
                          I guess you meant geylang?

Comment

oops - typo - yes its Geylang....tq

Comment

Reviving this old thread...

I was working late the other day and by the time I finished, it was around 2am. phaleesy and I had a craving for chicken rice (we'd only arrived in SIN that day) and the hotel staff managed to find some places.

The first recommendation was Chatterbox at Meritus but that only opens 24 hours during the weekends.

The next recommendation was Boon Tong Kee - in particular, the branches at River Valley and Balestier Road which open till 3am or 4am. We ended up going to the former and followed up with some prata and teh tarik at an Indian shop in the same street.

Comment

Working...
                              X