Opening of T3 for Trial flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah, feel the jetblast in the lounge
    Do you have a link to the report, up and away? In this thread with actual pictures of T3, I see windows starting from the second picture.
    Sorry, normally this newspaper offers its reports on the internet,but I didn't find anything this time.
    Maybe they were wrong!
    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
      Maybe they were wrong!
      It seems they were:
      Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Map of T3: http://www.changiairport.ebizintel.c...ontent/map.jpg

They've got a F/C class gates

Viewing gallery takes up an entire floor!
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Oh my god!!! Changi finally redeemed themselves, from taking away our viewing gallery in T2 and cutting it by half in T1, by having a WHOLE level of viewing gallery in T3! YAY!
        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
          Oh my god!!! Changi finally redeemed themselves, from taking away our viewing gallery in T2 and cutting it by half in T1, by having a WHOLE level of viewing gallery in T3! YAY!
          Nothing beats viewing planes up close on or close to the tarmac, with nothing between you and them. It's such a pleasure to be immersed in the noise from the engines and the APU! I wish I was living in MAN; Standing next to 24L is heaven!
          My Cafe Adventures
          Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
          http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
            Nothing beats viewing planes up close on or close to the tarmac, with nothing between you and them. It's such a pleasure to be immersed in the noise from the engines and the APU! I wish I was living in MAN; Standing next to 24L is heaven!
            The view to the tarmac will be that of what you are seeing in T2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
              The view to the tarmac will be that of what you are seeing in T2.
              Yup. I was already expecting that.

What I meant was, in general, viewing planes from anywhere in the SIN terminals isn't fun. If only SIN had open-air viewing areas like what they have in MAN.
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                Yup. I was already expecting that.

What I meant was, in general, viewing planes from anywhere in the SIN terminals isn't fun. If only SIN had open-air viewing areas like what they have in MAN.
                Yes, I believe some of Japan's airports do have it too.
                We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                  Yes, I believe some of Japan's airports do have it too.
                  Actually all that I have been to.....HND/NRT/ITM/KIX/NGO/FUK etc......

Comment

Flight trials from Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3

In preparation for the new Terminal 3 in Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore Airlines would be conducting trials on 4 selected live flights, 2 arrivals into and 2 departures from Terminal 3.

The following live flights selected to arrive and depart from Terminal 3:

Flight ETD ETA Dates
                    SQ655 Fukuoka - Singapore 1030 1540 11 October 2007, Thursday
                    SQ215 SIngapore - Perth 1850 2350 11 October 2007, Thursday
                    SQ295 Christchurch - Singapore1150 1745 23 October 2007, Tuesday
                    SQ324 Singapore - Amsterdam 2345 0705*1

Anyone on these flights?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                      In preparation for the new Terminal 3 in Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore Airlines would be conducting trials on 4 selected live flights, 2 arrivals into and 2 departures from Terminal 3.

The following live flights selected to arrive and depart from Terminal 3:

Flight ETD ETA Dates
                      SQ655 Fukuoka - Singapore 1030 1540 11 October 2007, Thursday
                      Bizarre..the day after I fly the friggin route.....really bad luck of late........

Comment

There was a trial run yesterday (12/11) and my plane was one of the few included in the trial. The train ride was rather fast, and they gave us certificates for being 'one of the first' to use the T3

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                          There was a trial run yesterday (12/11) and my plane was one of the few included in the trial. The train ride was rather fast, and they gave us certificates for being 'one of the first' to use the T3
                          Certificates to avoid possible complaints perhaps over the diversion? Then again, I doubt anyone would complain. I am going down to see the terminal myself today!
                          Help make this article a better one!

Comment

The T3 viewmall is the worst i have seen. Why? Firstly, its located so far away from the glass panel (just like T2 but abit further) This is not so bad. But what pissed me off is that there is many sunshades which kinda block the view of the runway and parking areas. It's a waste. They placed the viewing mall in such a good location (touchdown zone of runway 02L) but the sunshades spoils the potentialy fantastic view. A very serious design flaw i would say. What's the point of having a viewing mall when obstructions are in the way?

Comment

You pay airport tax, you get the best. You don't pay airport tax, you get crap. I hope CAAS will do something in the next upgrading of T2 and T3. And they must not do anything to T1 viewing mall. Give us back our views.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                                You pay airport tax, you get the best. You don't pay airport tax, you get crap. I hope CAAS will do something in the next upgrading of T2 and T3. And they must not do anything to T1 viewing mall. Give us back our views.
                                This statement is true for the toilets as well. If anyone has noticed, the toilets airside are much nicer than those landside...

Comment

Working...
                                X