Singapore to accelerate Immigration to support Economic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    It is not just limited to Singaporean or FT. We do not even need such a big airport to support the country. If these day eventually arrived, SQ my have to use another country as a hub vs Singapore.
    I am so glad you decided to carry on posting after threatening not too due to this being a board of 'SQ defenders' (yes, I nearly spat my drink on my screen as well...) because otherwise we would no longer have the pleasure of this farcical nonsense.

Have you informed your friends in Hong Kong their airport is too big as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
      Do not see a link here. Even our COE reach 100K, it is still not enough to buy a parking lots in Hong Kong. COE debate should be beaten to dead by now. It is only a question to own cheap initially then spend more when using it or other way round. I do not see a point to own it but not much use of it.

Anyway, once economic goes down, everyone suffer. It is not just limited to Singaporean or FT. We do not even need such a big airport to support the country. If these day eventually arrived, SQ my have to use another country as a hub vs Singapore.
      So are you now suggesting that Changi is too big "for a small island"?

After all it makes sense right, if SIN has "too many terminals"?
      Last edited by SQGamespeed; 17 March 2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I haven't had the chance to read through and anaylse all the comments but some of the comments from LionCity has somehow struck a cord in me.

In 1999, the administration at that time embarked on a huge publicity campaign promoting knowledge based economy and its association with knowledge transfer from foreign talent... I was at the pre-university seminar presentations where it was pronounced... Till today, i am not convinced that objective has been achieved.

When the GFC stuck, the administration issued a statement saying that any pay cuts onto the top echelon of the government was merely symbolic....

This latest campaign by the administration makes no mention of any cost cutting in any government stipulated fees and in fact many government imposed fees have risen. One government restructured hospital has in fact told me that they raised their fees by 10 dollars for consultations shortly after the budget was announced.

I'm sure some of the more vocal posters here will have their views but its curious that this subject has been used to increase government coffers without substancial tangible economic improvements to its citizens.

I'm not sure if using moral suasion is appropriate to force change onto the private companies.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
          I'm not sure if using moral suasion is appropriate to force change onto the private companies.

Government companies and government linked companies use their share, or exceed their share of foreign workers. 'Do as I say, not as I do' comes to mind and in all the time the SGD has remained so high against most other currencies we've not seen any impact on the halting of increasing cost.

We've said this about SQ tickets, at least from Singapore, but the same is true island wide although a few issues are the exception......such as Fairprice holding done some 'house brand' goods. All this does, however, is switch people from foreign brands to house brand, so bringing in extra profit anyway for NTUC.

Comment

Working...
          X