• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third runway and T4

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...214031/1/.html

Decision by yearend.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Can't see the rationale when the runway has been there since the new CAB completed in the early 2000ss

Comment

I sincerely hope they design and build a terminal big enough to house the entire SQ operation. This split terminal operation is crazy!

Comment

Also, the third runway is so far from existing terminals that unless they put the newer buildings in the space there is going to be such a long way to taxi......I'd need a taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
          Also, the third runway is so far from existing terminals that unless they put the newer buildings in the space there is going
          It is now, but as there will be a new terminal or terminals between runways 2 & 3 then that distance will be reduced. You would presume (and hope) that aircraft at T1 and T3 would not be taxiing to and from runway 3 too often. Although going off recent history at Changi you never know...

Comment

Reading today's article in more detailed, it would seem that the committee will look beyond where T5 and T6 will be built, and how it would be linked with the rest of the airport. I get the feeling that they want to create a satellite township that would be symbiotic with the airport. The committee seems to be inspired by Incheon.

Comment

It would be interesting if they keep the existing Changi Coast Road after the expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                I sincerely hope they design and build a terminal big enough to house the entire SQ operation. This split terminal operation is crazy!
                Believe we need a 3rd runway. Agreed with you this is crazy for split terminal. Currently t1/T2/T3 is already like running independantly without integration. They should really find a way to resign this vs building more terminals.

Comment

From what I've heard, it seems as if T4 will be a much bigger replacement for the Budget Terminal. If that's the case, does it mean that T4 will be at the same site as BT? Then it would theoretically be possible for T4 to be physically joined to T2 like how the existing 3 terminals are connected.

And the third runway should open at least at the same time as T4, otherwise you may see even longer queues for takeoff!

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                    From what I've heard, it seems as if T4 will be a much bigger replacement for the Budget Terminal. If that's the case, does it mean that T4 will be at the same site as BT? Then it would theoretically be possible for T4 to be physically joined to T2 like how the existing 3 terminals ...
                    That's the idea, and that's why the budget terminal is being deconstructed starting from Sep. T4 will still be a "budget" terminal as reports have indicated that it will not have any aerobridges.

Comment

agreed with flying.monkeyz that when they do built a new big or "mega" terminal together with the opening of runway 3, to accomodate all of SQ's operations and incl other airlines. For Changi to even have 6 Terminals is a bit too much. On hindsight Changi should have built a bigger T3.

Comment

From what I've heard, it seems as if T4 will be a much bigger replacement for the Budget Terminal. If that's the case, does it mean that T4 will be at the same site as BT? Then it would theoretically be possible for T4 to be physically joined to T2 like how the existing 3 terminals are connected.
                        !
                        To be physically joined to T2 they'll have to build a passageway through the Jetquay terminal, Dnata in-flight kitchen, through South Cross Taxiway 1 and 2, and SATS ICC1! Don't think that's gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                          They should really find a way to resign this vs building more terminals.
                          Here we go again...

Presuming you meant to say redesign, how, prey tell, do you suggest they do this ?.

Not only that, but to say T1, 2 & 3 'is like running independently without integration' is more utter nonsense. All three terminals are linked to each other with a skytrain that takes literally a few minutes and you can walk from one end of the airport to the other in less than 50 minutes completely unhindered. I know, as I do it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            you can walk from one end of the airport to the other in less than 50 minutes completely unhindered. I know, as I do it regularly.
                            Lol, and why in the world would you do that? Needing exercise, I presume?

The most annoying are the far T1 C and D gates (my most frequently-used) especially if you're coming from T3 or the far extremes of T2. TG being a frequent offender

Comment

And the third runway should open at least at the same time as T4, otherwise you may see even longer queues for takeoff!
                              The only way they could be physically connected between T4 and the other terminals is through the skytrain. It will be too far for most people to walk from the current Bt to Terminal 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X