Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SQ Mobile goes 'live'

Dear XXX,

Singapore Airlines would like to thank you for trying out the Beta release of our new mobile website and Android application. The feedback you provided will allow us to further improve our mobile offering.

We would like to update you that we have launched our new mobile website1(URL: https://mobile.singaporeair.com) and iPhone and Android applications. You may now download the new applications from Apple App Store and Google Play2. If you have installed the Beta version of our Android application, please uninstall it from your mobile device before installing the version on Google Play.

We will continually add new features to our new mobile website and applications, so you can look forward to a wider range of functionalities with each release.

Features in the first release include:
    - check-in multiple passengers within the same booking
    - save mobile boarding pass onto your mobile device (for supported flights)
    - track status of selected flights
    - access directory of our offices worldwide

In subsequent releases, you will be able to:
    - check flight schedules
    - make bookings
    - retrieve and amend your bookings
    - access your KrisFlyer statements and extend expiring miles
    - make and amend redemption bookings

We will continue to offer our existing mobile website (URL: http://m.singaporeair.com) and iPhone/Android applications until all its functions are made available on our new mobile website/applications.

Thank you for your kind support.

Yours Sincerely,
    Hew Chuen Chiet
    Senior Manager Direct Sales
    Singapore Airlines Limited

1Smartphones on the following operating systems are supported – iOS (all versions), Android (all versions), Blackberry OS (6.0 and above) and WebOS.

2To find our new applications on Apple App Store and Google Play, please search for “SQ Mobile”.

Just download that apps in my ipad. It seems there is not much features anyway Can't try the checkin as I do not have any flight in the next 48 hours. I think TG apps is better
    visit my blog

Comment

Interesting to see how the QR code boarding pass on the mobile app is going to work out. They will have to work out how the security can differentiate between the classes, fast track through immigration (where they don't give out a separate pass) and lounge access.

Also interesting will be to see how the FAs are going to return ones jacket without a boarding pass in the pocket - give them your mobile device?

I certainly won't try it until all the kinks are worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post

I certainly won't try it until all the kinks are worked out.
        I think SQ is trying to jump on the bandwagon that just because other airlines have it, they also want to have it .. the biggest problem is that SQ has not researched the needs of the travelling public in Singapore to start something that may be more fluff than anything else.

Why doesn't SQ spend the money on FIXING the bloody website first before starting something new that will probably crash as much !

Comment

All the screenshots in the App Store are from "Airtel" so...you know where this thing got developed. Not promising...

Comment

Interesting to see how the QR code boarding pass on the mobile app is going to work out. They will have to work out how the security can differentiate between the classes, fast track through immigration (where they don't give out a separate pass) and lounge access.

Well, we were still be advised that even after OCI and printing the boarding passes ourselves, it still had to be stamped/verified at the check-in counter so even that system didn't work properly, let alone QR codes.

Comment

It's really strange how they put out another app (naming it "SQ Mobile" Version 1.0.2) to replace the old one ("Singapore Airlines Mobile" Version 1.4) -- the latter of which has 28 reviews that ALL are giving it ONE STAR! I've NEVER seen this before for any app!

My boys in India can put out a killer app for a very low cost. Why all the airlines (sans LH) can't release something functional is one of the mysteries of the world.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Mainframe boys to app boys, "Make sure you limit the functionality to only the most revenue generating ones, we don't want your app to crash the system".

Comment

It is so embarrassing that SQ has used a North Korean flag to represent South Korea in the SQ Mobile app under "Contact Us". 

Comment

They have made the change in the update version 1.0.4

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                      It is so embarrassing that SQ has used a North Korean flag to represent South Korea in the SQ Mobile app under "Contact Us". 
                      Perhaps some programmer who didn't quite study geography.

Comment

A new update of the mobile app on iOS just came out. Version 3. Doesn't say much about what got changed, and nothing observably obvious. Perhaps it's link to the upgrade of the backend reservation system.

Comment

A new update of the mobile app on iOS just came out. Version 3. Doesn't say much about what got changed, and nothing observably obvious. Perhaps it's link to the upgrade of the backend reservation system.
                          It's still crappy, at least when I use it.

Comment

Updated to v3.1 to fix trip list.

Comment

Lufthansa IPhone app

I've just used the Lufthansa iPhone app to check in and store my QR code boarding pass with no problem for a short hop between Frankfurt and London. Was very impressed that everyone (check in staff, passport controls, duty free shops) all scan the QR code on my phone without any fuss at Frankfurt Airport. The same cannot be said for Heathrow airport.

Why can't Singapore Airline just ask how Lufthansa does it?

Comment

Working...
                              X