No announcement yet.

[EXCLUSIVE] Changi's New Terminal 3 preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow! excuse the total newbie question, but when is T3 set to open?

Comment

So will T3 has seperate the arrival level & departure level into different levels? Like HK Airport...?

Currently T1 & T2, both arrival level & departure level are at the same level which make it easier for transit passengers

Comment

I don't think so....if you look at picture no. 2, it is clear that departure and arrival will share the same level until just about the immigration point. Since it will be connected to T1 and T2, I just can't see how T3 would be designed differently.

T3 certainly has the T2 feel but only brighter, newer, and greener. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
          wow! excuse the total newbie question, but when is T3 set to open?
          If I'm not mistaken, it's set to open in Jan/Feb 2008. From the outside the terminal building looks to be relatively finished already.

Comment

Looks very nice, clean and green! (sorry but who is this special guy?)

Comment

It's a secret I could tell you but then i should kill you
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                It's a secret I could tell you but then i should kill you
                It's okay I am virtual now !

Comment

and i've just told you .... virtually of course!
                  There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                    and i've just told you .... virtually of course!
                    You mean something like this.........

How big is this terminal......the same size as the other two?

Comment

How modern. Like T2. I feel so in love with the place already.

Comment

The opening should be somewhere in early 2008. Only some of SQ flights including all the SQ A380 flights will be shifted there.

Comment

It will open Jan or Feb. If I was hazarding a guess I'd say the former short of any unforseen problems arising, over things like lounge sizes and stuff..

Comment

So, is there a Viewing Mall there?
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Great photos. Some of them look like concept "photos"-- computer-generated architectural renderings. I'm sure they're all quite real, but that's a testament to how modern and clean everything looks.

I like quite a few of the design motifs. The palm trees tie in the outdoors and give the tropical feel. Lots of natural light coming through those funky whirlygigs in the cieling. The waterfall coming down the green wall and dumpig into the middle of the baggage carousel is very cool. But most important, they've replaced the green-gold-blue-copper-yellow colors (and carpets, oh the carpets!) of T2 that today look pretty dated with nice clean
                              engineered-stone tiles in soft but clear and clean colors (what are they, anyway: grays or multi-color tans and limestone hues?).

The contrast between my beloved Singaporeans and my beloved Thais is so stark. Changi is taking its sweet time getting this place ready. Another eight months??? It looks almost ready now, at least in these photos. I'm sure everything will be opened with that famous Singaporean efficiency and good order. Suvarnabhumi's opening, well, we all know what happened there.

I know they're saying January or February '08. And I know at least one gate in T2 is A380-ready. But will the opening be moved up so they can proudly proclaim opening ahead-of-schedule and have the A380 operate from T3 from the start? Getting it open in time for the Christmas rush would make sense. Anyone?????

Comment

I like it. Gonna be a challenge to have to "learn" it all again, and I'm really comfy in the current layout, but you can't get in the way of progress

Comment

Working...
                                X