• Show
Clear All

Ah so maybe not then... *Ridiculous btw... absolutely ridiculous*

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
      *Ridiculous btw... absolutely ridiculous*
      Why ?

Comment

oh just based on what Guy Betsy said about MISA travel. I mean they do advertise these tickets on their website afterall...

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
          oh just based on what Guy Betsy said about MISA travel. I mean they do advertise these tickets on their website afterall...
          Of course they'll advertise that they do RTW - that is originating in SIN.

Try to find a fare on line - any where, say even between SAN-SEA on AS and try calling them and asking for similar... and they will (as with most Singapore agents) try to sell you an airpass.

Many Singapore agents just do not know how to look for the best available fare...

Just 2 weeks ago, a friend works at a major Swiss bank in Singapore had their corporate TA book a London to ZRH flight and then he sent me the confirmation. I was shocked and highlighted that there is a cheaper fare than the W class they had booked on LX and that my friend should find out why they didn't offer the T class fare.

Their reply ? Oh, 'foreign' agencies can get fares we can't.

When I presented the fact that one may book on the Swiss website the same fare, then they said , 'oh, additional space must have opened up.' Then they grudgingly booked the cheaper option.

Many a times I have seen corporate TAs in Singapore overcharge the major corporate clients just because they think their 'rich' corporate clients do not know better!

Many years ago, when I was working in Singapore and did a booking for a client and with a little tweaking, managed to bring his fare down by S$2K for his F class ticket from BKI-SIN to IAH on MH/SQ and AA. As the ticket has to be issued in BKI and as a prepaid (yes that long ago), AA in Singapore has to set up the prepaid arrangements with MH as MH is the original carrier. AA refused to do so as they said that its strange the way I want it done that way, so they won't do it. I said its because I can save the client more than S$2K. And you know what they said, 'Why so much trouble? Your clients can afford the First class ticket anyway what, and besides more commission for you loh" I was , like, speechless !!

They won't budge. They won't do it.

So I called AA in DFW instead and got them to do it. They said, sure no problem.

Next day in SIN, the agent called me up and asked why did I send the info to AA in DFW as obviously AA there did the PTA and queued the message to SIN to ask why they didn't do what I had asked. AA in SIN obviously was humiliated over this issue.

That was many years ago.. and from what I see these days with some TAs... things have not changed one bit!

Just for the record, the agent responsible for my friend's booking asked him if its okay for her to call me when her husband's US trip comes up for me to look for the better deals !!

Ahh my many years working as a TA in Singapore. I still have the ulcers to prove it !
          Last edited by Guy Betsy; 20 May 2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I seriously doubt that many here who utilise error fares know the ethics and expected conduct when buying those fares.

And as much as "those in the know" know about in and outs of fare rules and what not, not many are willing to budge at the high commission certain TAs online demand.

The sounds of birds chipping comes to mind.

Of course MISA or some of the SIN based TAs won't book certain fares. They have preferred airlines tiers.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
              I seriously doubt that many here who utilise error fares know the ethics and expected conduct when buying those fares.

And as much as "those in the know" know about in and outs of fare rules and what not, not many are willing to budge at the high commission certain TAs online demand.

The sounds of birds chipping comes to mind.

Of course MISA or some of the SIN based TAs won't book certain fares. They have preferred airlines tiers.
              Its not that... its just ABACUS, the preferred GDS that most travel agents use, do NOT guarantee the fares when tickets are issued. Even though ABACUS is hosted by SABRE, and even though SABRE will guarantee the fare to ABACUS, TAs are held responsible for issuing tickets that do not tally with the airlines! Hence many will refer to consolidator fares, or double check with the respective airlines if the fare they are issuing are correct.

Many times when a ticket is issued in Singapore for example, for say a fare that was given by the airline as correct, but the information must be manually issued ... eg - lets just say that the airline quoted fare from the fares dept are cheaper than what ABACUS quotes and the agency issues the airline fare.

Within 5 mins, that agency gets a call from BSP Singapore who will question the validity of the fare and if a 'reference' number is given by the respective airline to verify that the ticket is valid.

Hence, you see, mistake fares cannot absolutely be issued in Asia.
              All GDS' in Asia, do not guarantee the fares their own GDS brand quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                TAs are held responsible for issuing tickets that do not tally with the airlines! Hence many will refer to consolidator fares, or double check with the respective airlines if the fare they are issuing are correct.
                TAs are always held responsible for any fares issued. That's why ADM and credit memos exists. As for the rest of what you post, I rather play my facebook games than go into world war 4.

Let's just say, i have previously got complicated fares issued in Asia.

Comment

Complicated fares - as long as its correct can get issued. Mistake fares won't.

Comment

Working...
                  X