Changi delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
    Was listening to SIN radio on LiveATC.net and overheard that there are currently 11 aircraft at holding point for departure and pilots can expect at least 25 minutes wait. Am I right in saying that this is a daily occurrence at this time of the day? Maybe it's time to think about adding another runway for civilian use.
    an additional runway won't solve anything. this is due to airspace congestion.

therefore based on your school of thought, we probably need to buy more airspace.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      I noticed that TR has also padded extra 5-10mins to some of their flights. My SIN-BKK flight in late Oct was "lengthened" by 5 minutes.
      Pilot on SQ972 once mentioned that flight time for SIN-BKK is actually 1:50

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        an additional runway won't solve anything. this is due to airspace congestion.

Then is there a need of a 4th terminal?

I guess they'll have to negotiate for more air space first

Comment

Yesterday morning 12 Oct from what i see from 9am was few aircrafts were waiting for take-off as only one runway 20C was in use for both take-offs and landings - my 1030am flight was delayed push-back by 10 mins and we were then No.4 for take-off but because of additional timefor 2 aircrafts to land, the total delay was 29 mins and we started the roll at 11.09am. Not sure the other runway was closed during the morning peak and hope its not for just routine maintenance. Changi congestion is not really bad as believed the separation of aircraft is longer as even with HKIA 2 runways, and even Bangkok with much more air traffic is doing ok.

Comment

Was in a 3K aircraft on holding point for 02C on 02NOV. Not very clear from the picture but I counted easily 12 aircraft including mine for take off from the same runway.

Comment

What time was that?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                What time was that?
                STD 0825, but we had a bit of late boarding and late ATC clearance so by the time we started taxiing was about 0850.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                  STD 0825, but we had a bit of late boarding and late ATC clearance so by the time we started taxiing was about 0850.
                  I think mornings are one of Changi's peak hours. Still though, a bit surprised to see such a long line.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    I think mornings are one of Changi's peak hours. Still though, a bit surprised to see such a long line.
                    I ever had an 856 with STD of 09:30. Airborne at 10:11

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                      I ever had an 856 with STD of 09:30. Airborne at 10:11
                      My 3K flight was STD 0825 and airborne at 0914.

Comment

Ugh, my 0735 SQ flight took 30 minutes to wheels up this morning after pilots advised a 15 minute queue time. I counted 8 planes queuing up behind us.

Comment

15 mins delayed pushback for my Firefly FD3522 flight last night, and I consider myself lucky

Comment

"we are negotiating with ATC for takeoff clearance now...", verbatim, what my pilot just said on the PA, 2 mins before scheduled departure time.

Comment

My SQ972 to Bangkok on 21/12 was delayed by 15 minutes at the gate waiting for clearance delivery due to some important maintenance work on BOTH runways at the same time. Had to wait in the queue of about 7 aircraft before taking off 30 minutes late.

Comment

I think the delay is Changi is getting more and more problematic.

I was on SIN-KUL-SIN flight on last Fri and SUN on AK flight. On departure from Changi, we need to wait for 15-20 min for take off. That's cause the arrival in KUL late by 5-10 min. The actual flying time was only 45 min, comapre to 1 hours on the schedule. But this does not enough to compensate the Changi congestion.

Flying back, the flying time was only 40 min and the captain thought we will arrive earlier than schedule. But closer to SIN, the captain said they were told to slow down as again there is congestion. We have to flied over Batam before landed in Changi at 10 min behind the scheduled.

My SIN-CGK flight on DEC was also delayed due to waiting for take off in Changi. what make it worse, we also made to wait by CGK ATC. We end up late like more than 30 min, which is quite bad for 1.5 hours flight.

I also heard from friends who flew on DEC, their flightes were made to wait to take off from Changi. Easily 15-20 min by itself. These were when no "bad" weather.

It seems to me the congestion in Changi is getting worse and seems now adays is hard to have ontime schedule, these are due to congestion to take off or landing. The SQ captain kept highlighting that "there is nothing he can do about it".

I think he may be correct, as it is ATC problem. Will Changi do something to ease this problem. I really wonder if Changi really has such heavy traffic until become like this?

Can they ask the airlines to reschedule some flight so you will not see 10 departures at the same time like in the ealry 7am slot?

It is bad for Changi reputation right?
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X