The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
    Do the 787-10 come with crew rest compartment?
    Answer is NO

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
      I don't think I am obese by any standard but sitting in the enclosed pod like 787 J seats sure feels different compared to all the other J seats from SQ. SQ's J seats are synonymous with spaciousness and, personally, this just doesn't syncs with it.
      I've flown on this seat only once. It's tight, but miles better than the current 6 abreast regional seats on A330s and 777-200s. A huge step-up. I don't think it's fair to compare against the longhaul product. But whether it's right to offer the regional configuration on flights longer than 5-6 hours is debatable.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        SQ seem very happy using the old 772s on that route for now.
        Given the recent economic turmoil in Turkey, I won't be surprised if this route gets handed to TR.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
          Given the recent economic turmoil in Turkey, I won't be surprised if this route gets handed to TR.
          Jfyi I recently flew to IST and back on SQ, and surprisingly both flights were full in both J and Y. Spoke to one of the friendly crews and she joked they must rather deploy an A380 instead of the old B772 on the route since it’s doing so well.

To be honest, although the wear and tear was very evident on the seats - I was quite happy with both the flights in J - possibly only one complain on the return where the IFE wasn’t great on 9V-SVN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
            Yes, you are correct. I misread the spreadsheet and took 9V-SCE to be 9V-SCF. The correct information is below:

9V-SCE is scheduled for delivery on 1 June and 9V-SCF on 12 June.
            9V-SCG & 9V-SCH, both Boeing test aircraft, are scheduled for delivery on 1 August and 10 October, respectively.
            What happened with SCG and SCH? August has already passed and SCG has not been delivered. SCH according to this post says October but that is a month away. Has there been any updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              What happened with SCG and SCH? August has already passed and SCG has not been delivered. SCH according to this post says October but that is a month away. Has there been any updates?
              Mid-October and late October for these two now. Then no more until 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                CHC is going to get the A359 long haul in January, although it's not clear where it will come off to free it up- possibly BNE. IST is a mystery to us all.

The 787s at this point are being used primarily on routes where more capacity is required without adding an extra flight. I don't think IST fits that category. At one point SQ had been growing the route and using it for connections to European destinations with TK codeshares. The failed coup and various terror incidents have really strained that plan. I know for example, that my travel insurance policy offers no cover in IST. SQ seem very happy using the old 772s on that route for now.

Originally posted by GR1 View Post
                Jfyi I recently flew to IST and back on SQ, and surprisingly both flights were full in both J and Y. Spoke to one of the friendly crews and she joked they must rather deploy an A380 instead of the old B772 on the route since it’s doing so well.

To be honest, although the wear and tear was very evident on the seats - I was quite happy with both the flights in J - possibly only one complain on the return where the IFE wasn’t great on 9V-SVN.
                I think it may partly be because the flights are not dailies? I'm also not sure any FAs would admit the flight is not doing well on other days even if it is. I know SQ392 is sometimes used to accommodate passengers with missed / cancelled flights to Europe. Not sure if this is a factor

It would be terrible if IST is offloaded to TR... and it might just happen with the integration of the brands and bookings across SQ MI TR.

But thinking about this again, I agree perhaps the seven eight seven won't go to IST or CHC

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
                  But thinking about this again, I agree perhaps the seven eight seven won't go to IST or CHC
                  Yup. As the current lot of 787 are fitted with regional seats, they'd really be unlikely to fly those destinations. Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                    Yup. As the current lot of 787 are fitted with regional seats, they'd really be unlikely to fly those destinations. Right?
                    I think more so due to the lack of crew rest.

Comment

• I think the main aim of the 787 currently is to provide more capacity on busy regional routes, rather than service destinations with questionable demand. A possible factor for SQ retaining SRJ and SRL for so long was the capacity that they provided to BKK and MNL. Other than the A380, those two planes had the highest number of seats in the fleet until the 787 arrived.

Comment

• LN565 is going to painted in SQ colours. This is possibly SCG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXC_pBg...=15ycxs18ii5am

Comment

• Limited-time 787-10 Fukuoka service in Dec 2018-Jan 2019

Singapore Airlines during New Year (2019) period plans operational aircraft changes on Singapore – Fukuoka route. For a limited-time basis, the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner aircraft will operate this route from 27DEC18 to 04JAN19, replacing A330-300.

SQ656 SIN0120 – 0820FUK 787 D
                          SQ655 FUK0950 – 1535SIN 787 D
                          https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...-2018jan-2019/
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• During the same period, SQ622/623 (SIN-KIX) will be upgraded to A380 as well.

Comment

• Are there different seat configuration for business class on 787-10?

This is the seatmap I got when trying to select my seat.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by LennonG View Post
                                Are there different seat configuration for business class on 787-10?

This is the seatmap I got when trying to select my seat.

Thank you
                                What do you mean by seat configuration? If you're asking if the business class seatmap looks different from the A350/77W/A380, yes the seats themselves are different as the seat graphic shows.

If you're asking if all the 787-10s will have the same seating arrangement and numbers, then yes they all do.

Hope that answers the question!

Comment

Working...
                                X