[MEL]SilverKris Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MEL]SilverKris Lounge

Earlier this month, I visited the MEL SilverKris Lounge before my flight to Singapore on SQ's A350.

Unlike SQ's SYD lounge, this lounge has not yet been updated to the new "Home Away from Home" decor, but the decor is elegant and attractive in its own right.

There is a small dedicated business centre close to the lounge entrance.

There are several seating areas, with a variety of seating options.

This is not a particularly large lounge. At the time I was there it was busy, but not over crowded.

Last edited by yflyer; 31 March 2018, 03:11 PM.

There is a dedicated dining area, done in a slightly sterile white and grey colour scheme...

Decent beverage selection...

Which included sparkling wine...

...as well as a choice of 2 white and 2 red wines...

Salads...

Egg drop soup, served out of a thermos (!)...

Comment

A variety of hot selections...

Including substantial, and tasty Asian and international dishes...

Coffee and tea...

Ice cream...

Overall, a decent F&B selection...

Comment

There are restroom facilities in the lounge, as well as 2 shower rooms.

Regarding the shower rooms, here is a tip which I picked up from Kyo: The two shower rooms are unisex. One is next to the men's restroom, and the other next to the ladies' room around the corner. If the shower next to the men's restroom is occupied, it is worth checking if the other one around the corner next to the ladies' room is available.

Comment

Apart from the business class section of the lounge, there is a dedicated first class section as well.

I peeked into the first class section on the way out:

Comment

Compared to the QF MEL lounge nearby, the SQ lounge is smaller, but roughly of about the same standard overall i.e. both are decent but not the nicest lounges in either SQ's or QF's network.

Overall the MEL SilverKris Lounge is a decent offering, although it will need a refresh to bring it up to the same level as the newly refreshed SYD lounge (or the BKK SilverKris Lounge, for that matter).

I would use this lounge as a pit stop for a snack, a drink and a shower before heading back to the MEL airside area, where there is ample shopping (and F&B too) to keep one occupied prior to boarding.
            Last edited by yflyer; 31 March 2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Another great set of photos. A lounge I've spent a lot of time in!

The service is really good and there is quite a lot of seating available usually, but getting a little tired. It's not the best but not the worst, but they keep it very clean compared to some other lounges I've seen. In fact, I might even head over there tomorrow afternoon.

One thing I have been thinking about lately though, is how it will cope with the re-timed SQ248. SQ228's crowd have usually headed to gate (I'm using winter timings here and not referring to myself, but the flight) by about 1500 and SQ208's check-in opens at about 1515, so there's no concern about overlap. The new SQ248 heading back from WLG and then collecting (one would assume) more passengers from MEL will have its departure time directly in between SQ228 and SQ208, meaning it will overlap with both of these flights. Might get a little tight for space.

Comment

Working...
              X