• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather they do it this way.

AVOD metal - T3
    N/AVOD metal - T2

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      I don't know what you mean by "disaster" but IMO, T3 IS nicer than T2 so I don't see how this affects their PR image.
      What im referring is that "touch wood", T3 lounge cannot be used or is inoperational due to ..... i dunno maybe low water pressure or excessive release of gases... (hint hint..., get it?) .. Meant to be a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        So if a EU flight is arriving at T2 but as an EU flight is supposed to be at T3, then BUS everyone to T3 arrival hall. Or else land and disembark at T3, then if the aircraft is scheduled to go to say BKK, then let departing passengers at T2 get on a bus and be bused to T3 to this particular aircraft.

I hate being bused to/from a plane/terminal more than I hate SQ operating out of two terminals.

In this case I would say let everybody de-plane where they are supposed to (fixed) and board where they are supposed to (fixed) and if the plane is in the wrong place just tow the bloody thing around the corner. I believe a standard 2hr turnaround is more than enough time to get everything done including getting the bird from one place to another.

All the cargo can be loaded and unloaded also at the fixed point.

Comment

believed that Changi airport - CAAS n SQ - is the only airport where one is able to find out which terminal the plane be docking at 2 hrs before arrival. this is a very negative point for Changi - and hassle for greeters.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            believed that Changi airport - CAAS n SQ - is the only airport where one is able to find out which terminal the plane be docking at 2 hrs before arrival. this is a very negative point for Changi - and hassle for greeters.
            You are right. Especially for those who drive.

Comment

When I worked with SQ I suggested to Management that all SQ paxs should depart and arrive into Terminal 3. While I did understand that the number of boarding gates in T3 wasn't sufficient for all SQ flights during peak hours, I did suggest we can use the F30-60 gates at T2 and skytrain over just like what paxs are doing at HKG / KUL. That way we eliminate the confusion to all SQ paxs and public - All paxs departing on SQ go to T3. All paxs arriving on SQ to be cleared at T3. That suggestion was thrown out the window.

Comment

still do not believe that during SIA "peak" that T3 cannot handle all of SQ flights - if other airlines are not operating from T3 except for SQ. And furthermore during off peak from even 9am till 7pm - T3 is literally like a ghost town with only 2 or 3 departures or arrival every hour - and just looked so empty. And wonder why the govt decided to build T3 which is Smaller than T2???

Comment

And wonder why the govt decided to build T3 which is Smaller than T2???
                  T3 is bigger than T2 in floor area. But T2 has more gates (especially with the extension of the 2 finger piers which added 22 gates). Currently T1 has 29 aerobridge gates, T2 has 35 aerobridge gates, T3 has 28 aerobridge gates and BT has 10 ramp gates.

SQ currently has about 60 flights a day departing from T3 and less than 40 from T2. Most of the flights operating from T2 are MI with more than 40 departures a day.
                  Last edited by ycp81; 23 March 2011, 05:16 PM.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

still do not believe that during SIA "peak" that T3 cannot handle all of SQ flights - if other airlines are not operating from T3 except for SQ. And furthermore during off peak from even 9am till 7pm - T3 is literally like a ghost town with only 2 or 3 departures or arrival every hour - and just looked so empty. And wonder why the govt decided to build T3 which is Smaller than T2???
                    T3 may have enough gates for today's operation if (a) no new flights are added during peak hours, (b) all flights depart and arrive on time and on schedule. Any delays and we will have operational issues. Bearing in mind there are no remote bays at T3 side, even though there are bus gates at T3 (A6 - A8).

Though T2 has more boarding gates, not all gates are suitable for SQ operations. E1, E2, E6, E7, F30, F32, F35, F36 are all narrow-body aircraft, so they are irrelevant to SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                      T3 may have enough gates for today's operation if (a) no new flights are added during peak hours, (b) all flights depart and arrive on time and on schedule. Any delays and we will have operational issues. Bearing in mind there are no remote bays at T3 side, even though there are bus gates at T3 (A6 - A8).

Though T2 has more boarding gates, not all gates are suitable for SQ operations. E1, E2, E6, E7, F30, F32, F35, F36 are all narrow-body aircraft, so they are irrelevant to SQ.
                      Just 8 out of total of 35 in T2? They can be used for Silk Air anyway.

Comment

not quite in the old days before T3 They had the F30 TO F36 gates used by the A310'S and later the 777's

Comment

Working...
                        X