• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    There's a Thomas and Tonini...

..if you want pasta...
    Spot on...

Comment

No, I don't want pasta. I want to be overcharged, and accused of stealing things

Comment

Probably for another thread as we're going OT here, but what did they accuse you of stealing? Goodness... I've never had that before! Were you looking shifty and suspicious?

Comment

Probably for another thread as we're going OT here, but what did they accuse you of stealing? Goodness... I've never had that before! Were you looking shifty and suspicious?
          I think SQfg was alluding to the scam reported last year where passengers were being accused of stealing from the outlets and detained by the police.

They had to pay to be released to catch their flights.
          Last edited by 9V-SIA; 10 March 2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

It is nicely designed but totally inefficient,
            Are you having a laugh ?. It's terribly designed.

1) It's built on a swamp for a start, hence the problems they keep having with tarmac cracking. They have only just finished resurfacing the apron in front of the D/E gates for the second or third time, so we got bussed out half the time on regional flights during the work, again.

2) It's got woefully insufficient aircon thus leaving some areas far too warm. Being in a tropical country and made of glass, they didn't need to dig Einstein up to see that one coming......

3) They didn't originally build it with any signage (durr) and have since put up a load of temporary looking exhibition-style display boards that it looks like someone comes to fold down each night.

4) It's got ridiculous bottlenecks in numerous areas, especially in arrivals where there they made it far too small and as a result they have closed half of the exits to stop people blocking it up. To make this worse, when you walk outside there is a load of space between the end of the building and the end of the pavement, so it's not as though they didn't have plenty of room to play with. It's just stupidity.

Those are just off the top of my head, and I haven't even mentioned the Airport train link that is now 3 years late and was delayed again this week....
            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 9 March 2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I was surprised to find myself queuing for half an hour to get through immigration in T3 earlier this week. 5 lanes out of 16 in use. I thought only UK airports did that.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I was surprised to find myself queuing for half an hour to get through immigration in T3 earlier this week. 5 lanes out of 16 in use. I thought only UK airports did that.

All said and done, changi is the best airport in the world. About 8 percent below that, and in second place comes Seoul and is followed by the likes of HK and KL.

All attacks welcomed as this is my ranking,not Skytrax

Comment

Oh I don't think MAN Flyer was implying otherwise. It's just that long waits at passport control are so rare that they're noteworthy.

I once had to wait for 15 minutes to get through through immigration, and my brother feared I had missed my flight!
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                  X