Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changi Best Airport....for sleepover

In today's International Herald Tribune:

According to "Guide to Sleeping in Airports" website, Changi is the best place to sleepover.

For the past 10 years

I wouldn't want to spend a night in BKK

Comment

Who's slept in Changi for ten years in order to make the judgement?
      If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Murray head didn't mind..

Comment

Because it would make a hard man humble?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Murray head didn't mind..
            Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            Because it would make a hard man humble?
            One night in BKK would be a breeze compared to the night in "Old Bangkok" (aka DMK ) that mrs. nickbot and I spent recently...

<Chorus>
            It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity
            To be sleeping on the floor, not sleeping in the city

...certainly made this man humble

Comment

Suvarnhabhumi is actually not too bad for a snooze... I slept in front of the Louis Tavern FCL for a bit one time..

Frankly I think Changi's quality has sort of stagnated in terms of sleeping for free. However at least there are much better options if you are willing to pay a little bit of $, from the Rainforest by SATS or Ambassador or Plaza Premium lounge..

Comment

I sense an SQTalk Changi slumber party DO coming (SKL F over-nighters don't count)! I'm sure resident kinky connoisseurs will have great fun with the toys at security
                Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Suvarnhabhumi is actually not too bad for a snooze... I slept in front of the Louis Tavern FCL for a bit one time..

Frankly I think Changi's quality has sort of stagnated in terms of sleeping for free. However at least there are much better options if you are willing to pay a little bit of $, from the Rainforest by SATS or Ambassador or Plaza Premium lounge..
                  Go see a free movie (next door to the Transit Hotel in T3) and fall asleep behind the seats...

Comment

awwww. i once had to spend a night at Don Muang when that China Airlines plane turned over at HKG... and me and my family were on our way to ... right, Hong Kong.

This was an experience I never want to encounter again.

Also had to spend a night at Ngurah Rai (DPS) which was similarly painful after a week sunbathing at the Grand Hyatt

But, to relate to the topic, sleeping in Changi has been pretty comfy back in T2 days. As the Europe-bound flights were always pretty late and checkout at the hotel was .. well, earlier, I often slept at the airport. Yeah ... those were the times ... my MSN colleagues would know (staying up till other people already rush to work ... )
                    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Why? Suvarnaphumi is okay for a short overnight wait, certainly better than Don Muang was.

I recently had 2 hours overnight in AKL waiting for lounge to open up (thanks to a stupid schedule change ). I would put Suvarnaphumi as better than AKL.

I'm not looking forward to a couple of short overnights coming up at airports that I think the terminal closes overnight (and it is middle of winter brrrrr)

Comment

Working...
                      X