Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
    Just let me know here
    Actually can always just post here... Don't really necessary have to ask people if they are interested before posting here, if not super strange.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
      Actually can always just post here... Don't really necessary have to ask people if they are interested before posting here, if not super strange.
      Right on!

Looking forward to the posts on SQT

Comment

I did the walk through yesterday......underwhelmed.

Auto Check-in, Auto Bag Drop, Auto Immigration (passport and thumbprint) before entry to security and Auto Boarding Gates. I didn't see the passport control counters for non-SG clearance but must be there somewhere.

Anyway, start anywhere in the Terminal and Passport Control is on the far right, only. Pass though security with the new body scanners and you enter the main departure hall where you need to double back and walk back through the whole thing to reach the gate corridor.

I'm not a huge fan of forced pathways through a tight shopping mall to get where you need to go. Unfortunately, that the way the world has headed. With other terminals here, there are wide open spaces as soon as you get through immigration and along the walkways.

Lounges (x3) and food looks like all upstairs except for a Tiger Bar (installed, ironically, by Emirates Retail Concepts).

Overall, the space isn't necessarily that bright, is smaller than I expected with shops taking more space than left to sit. A couple of months left, yes, so can only see how it goes but at the moment with AirAsia, Cathay, Korean, Spring and Vietnam Airlines being those signed up it will be quite a slow start. If/when it gets busy, flightwise, I doubt there is enough space for everybody to sit inside.

Comment

thanks scooby5.

I'm going next week.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
            Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Right on!

Looking forward to the posts on SQT
            post deleted
            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Went there and I understand it kind of replaces the budget terminal but personally I do not really like it. The departure hall is decent but the arrival area and the boarding gates makes me feel like I'm at a very small airport.

Comment

Changi Terminal 4 Open House

post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:42 AM.

Comment

post deleted

Comment

post deleted

Comment

post deleted

Comment

SQtraveller; Nice report and photos......interesting that your thoughts were exactly the same as my own with regards seating, routing through DFS, terminal transfers via bus.

I'm also pleased I just didn't make an oversight of not finding passport control for non-SG/Pass holders if you actually had a look and couldn't find it. Whilst most passports are biometric, how does somebody get a physical exit stamp when needed?

Security WILL, for sure, be a major bottleneck in this terminal when things get busy but a colleague said to me, designers build them in on purpose, at least one, for security purposes. It is quite easy to remove bottlenecks during a design phase of any new building so the fact one still remains is not an accident.

I have a huge dislike, as mentioned before, for being forced into routes through airports I don't want to go......and 9-times from 10 these days it involves walking through a shopping mall. The fact the quite long corridor is so narrow between security and airside "space" is an ultra annoyance. Unless you are sitting at the few gates near the gates, the rest of the terminal is lacking natural light.

I was watching and listening to the Peranakan show thinking the same, sit there an hour and you'd want to shoot yourself. The show needs music otherwise it doesn't make sense so unless they schedule only one an hour or one every 45min then it will drive people nuts.

Seating, I have the thought their idea is to push people into a) the shops and b) the food hall upstairs which seems a reasonable size despite not being allowed up. The three lounges also look a reasonable size, combined.

Let's see what it is a year from now.

Comment

Thanks SQtraveller for the TR.

I was there yesterday and while I think the decor is decent, I didn't like the layout especially the walk after security through the shopping mall either. (seems like a consensus here).

I noted that there's a 'completed' lounge on the 2nd floor but why oh why do the floor to ceiling windows face inside except for one small corner. I wonder if this is CX's lounge.

I with scooby5 and I think there isn't enough sitting areas especially near the gates.

Anyways, we shall see what happens when it opens year-end.

Comment

How's the ground transportation from T4 like? Is the bus terminal shoved in a basement like T1-3 or is there a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                              SQtraveller; Nice report and photos......interesting that your thoughts were exactly the same as my own with regards seating, routing through DFS, terminal transfers via bus.

I'm also pleased I just didn't make an oversight of not finding passport control for non-SG/Pass holders if you actually had a look and couldn't find it. Whilst most passports are biometric, how does somebody get a physical exit stamp when needed?

Security WILL, for sure, be a major bottleneck in this terminal when things get busy but a colleague said to me, designers build them in on purpose, at least one, for security purposes. It is quite easy to remove bottlenecks during a design phase of any new building so the fact one still remains is not an accident.

I have a huge dislike, as mentioned before, for being forced into routes through airports I don't want to go......and 9-times from 10 these days it involves walking through a shopping mall. The fact the quite long corridor is so narrow between security and airside "space" is an ultra annoyance. Unless you are sitting at the few gates near the gates, the rest of the terminal is lacking natural light.

I was watching and listening to the Peranakan show thinking the same, sit there an hour and you'd want to shoot yourself. The show needs music otherwise it doesn't make sense so unless they schedule only one an hour or one every 45min then it will drive people nuts.

Seating, I have the thought their idea is to push people into a) the shops and b) the food hall upstairs which seems a reasonable size despite not being allowed up. The three lounges also look a reasonable size, combined.

Let's see what it is a year from now.
                              post deleted

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Thanks SQtraveller for the TR.

I was there yesterday and while I think the decor is decent, I didn't like the layout especially the walk after security through the shopping mall either. (seems like a consensus here).

I noted that there's a 'completed' lounge on the 2nd floor but why oh why do the floor to ceiling windows face inside except for one small corner. I wonder if this is CX's lounge.

I with scooby5 and I think there isn't enough sitting areas especially near the gates.

Anyways, we shall see what happens when it opens year-end.

post deleted

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                              How's the ground transportation from T4 like? Is the bus terminal shoved in a basement like T1-3 or is there a difference?
                              post deleted
                              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                                SQuelch The coach transfer delivered us to the main entrance, so I didn't see any bus stops. My suspicionis the same as yours; it will likely be in the basement.
                                Thank you, guess we just have to wait and see. I still find it outrageous that one of the world's top airports has designated its bus services to a stuffy basement with a low ceiling that prevents the deployment of double-decker buses- definitely hoping that changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X