Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some notes on the 77WN new products

- These products are an update of the current products already available on Boeing 777-300ER (77W) or A380.
    - So far SQ has no plans to retrofit the current fleet with the updated products, so don’t expect them to come to your favorite route soon. Deployment is currently to LHR, soon NRT and so on.
    - As product enhancements these are perfectly fine. But if SQ does a lot of marketing/advertising of NEW First, NEW Business etc., this will create higher expectation from customers expecting more changes. They should also remember that most of their premium class customers will be travelling on the ‘old’ First & Business class products, since there are no plans to retrofit those as of now.
    - Real ‘new’ First and Business will be launched together with their next batch of A380 orders from what I was told.

First Class

- I get that the grey color used brings modernity into the cabin. I find it a bit cold though.
    - I really like the design & color of the seats in First Class, the quilted stitching, etc. They look better in real life than in pictures.
    - The carbon look lights remind me of sports car interior. Very cool.
    - Amenity kit: it is back to the old format: Ferragamo perfume, hand cream, lip balm, and refreshing cloth. I prefer this to the Sothy’s and Kiehl’s kits.
    - Slightly bigger TV. Big deal. We need more improvements in F, please.
    - Protrusion/hump at row 1 seats is simply unacceptable. There should not be this compromise in First Class.
    - A Suite layout like GA F would be nice
    - Missing massage function, a very nice feature for long flights

Business Class

- J is noticeably better than before. The bed feels more spacious despite more space being allocated to the storage area.
    - Recline is much better than before in seat mode.
    - The current Business Class was already good the way it is, so there are not much to be done to enhance it. This is coming from a ‘recline to bed’ fan. I can still live with ‘flip to bed’ type as long as I can flip it early and sit, eat, and watch movie comfortably in bed mode. The enhanced Business Class is fine for that, with the help of extra pillows.
    - Business Class looks nice overall, but I don’t really like the feel of the panel surrounding the screen. Too plasticky. Leather surface would have been nice.
    Last edited by StarG; 8 October 2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics.

Look forward to the rest, and hope the roast duck from Bayswater was up to standard.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Thanks for the pics.

Look forward to the rest, and hope the roast duck from Bayswater was up to standard.
        You are welcome Sir.
        Would have been more fun if the famous Dom Perignon Rapid Consumption System was onboard as well.

Duck was still good.
        Last edited by StarG; 29 September 2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Uploaded all pictures.
          Will post some comments when I have more energy to remember things.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, great job!

Comment

Superb coverage!

OT - Are you guys talking about Noodle Oddle's roast duck?

Comment

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like an all round improvement in all 3 classes. The Y cabin looks particularly promising.

Comment

Thank you StarG !
                  Shame about the hump in 1A.
                  F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

StarG, that has to be the most concise photo report ever! Awesome pictures (is that still the Canon???)! Appreciate the time put in and know the watermarking adds to it.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks StarG!

Comment

WOW! I can't wait for my next trip on SQ319. However Does seat 11A have that 'claustrophobic' feel? I'm confused here with my seat selection for my next flight

Comment

Thanks StarG! Definitely looks better than the instagram sneak preview

Comment

Thanks for the photos StarG!

Looks like a significant upgrade for all three cabin classes in terms of usable space, with the shoe storage in J a good example.

Comment

Wow that was an amazingly comprehensive photo tour, thanks very much for sharing.

Look forward to the trip comments.

Comment

thanks a lot for sharing the pics!!

Comment

Working...
                                X