Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibsons, Ostra, and Flying Flat on a One Hour Flight: AA Transcon Airbus 321 BOS-JFK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    Still waiting for United to give me an op-up. CX, BA, QF, LH, QR and SQ have all op-uped me at some point over the years, but not UA (Or EK). Probably too many of their own elites to upgrade before considering SQ*G.
    Yes!!! I've been waiting a long time too. I've done quite a few US domestic and the screens for upgrades are always full. Saying that, the relationship between UA and SQ isn't the greatest either so I'm always ready to join the long queue for elites which is always longer than the main Y queue.

I'm due to fly out again stateside in August and instead of going direct to SFO for transit to mid-state I've opted to do a stopover in NRT before going to LAX. I find the stopover useful as it allows me to grab a shower during the journey.

Comment

But that T-bone was a thing of beauty.
      Porterhouse

Originally posted by Mlee888 View Post
      Good to see AA finally doing something good with J class.

A few years too late but still great to see AA finally making movement in the same way United is now doing with Polaris.
      AA's transcon J and reverse herringbone seats have been in place for a few years.

The US airlines have so much potential to do a lot better but they seem to be stuck on domestic competition with each other.
      Not quite sure what you mean…unless you are referring to their race towards the bottom.

...I want to try United to SFO one day but the 2x2x2 configuration just isn't appealing for such a long flight for the price you pay.
      Proof!

More often than not, I have had new cabin products on their 738s, rather than the old cabin products, although HUGE AL insists it is pure luck.
      It totally is! We are now relegated to the E75's (with NO OUTLETS ) up and down the California corridor.

Probably too many of their own elites to upgrade before considering SQ*G.
      ...the screens for upgrades are always full.
      We have had A TON of consolidation, so the ranks ridiculous. AA had to change the boarding procedure…otherwise, they would be like UA and board 90% of the plane at once.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        Porterhouse
        Until you mentioned it, I always thought T-bone = Porterhouse! Apparently not! (A very useful article on the difference here.)

Speaking of steaks, I hope someone will do a TR of a visit to one of SaltBae's steakhouses!

It totally is! We are now relegated to the E75's (with NO OUTLETS ) up and down the California corridor.
        I've flown on Embraer turbroprops, but never the Embraer regional jets. But I am so sick of flying 737's and A320's that a ride on an Embraer, ATR or anything else would be preferable, whether or not they had power outlet. (Why do you need power outlets on a short sector anyway?)

We have had A TON of consolidation, so the ranks ridiculous. AA had to change the boarding procedure…otherwise, they would be like UA and board 90% of the plane at once.
        Yes, getting out of hand for some airlines. These days I am not surprised when the priority boarding queue is even longer than the regular boarding queue (Happens on some BA routes too!). So I don't blame airlines for slicing and dicing the priority boarding into ever finer segments...

Comment

Until you mentioned it, I always thought T-bone = Porterhouse! Apparently not! (A very useful article on the difference here.)
          Steve is definitely the master. His books are outstanding and will teach you everything you need to know about grilling and BBQ.

Speaking of steaks, I hope someone will do a TR of a visit to one of SaltBae's steakhouses!
          Can't see that being very good since he is too busy posing for pictures with fans.

Why do you need power outlets on a short sector anyway?)
          Because those flights are almost always delayed, so I'm in the lounge and often forget to have the bartenders plug my charger into the outlet.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
          X