No announcement yet.

Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering if I were to re-qualify for Gold earlier than the current expiration date, would there be an earlier re-qualification date (i.e. my next renewal date would be less than a year from the original expiration date) or would be still be the old date?

Much thanks,
    J.

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
      I was wondering if I were to re-qualify for Gold earlier than the current expiration date, would there be an earlier re-qualification date (i.e. my next renewal date would be less than a year from the original expiration date) or would be still be the old date?

Much thanks,
      J.
      If you qualify now, your status validity is 23/11/2016.

Your card will be valid till End feb 2017.

Everybody who was a member of A3 M&B as of 24/11/2014 has a membership year 24/11/2014-23/11/2015 - that is the year you have to requality. Whether you do it in 3 days or 364 days is not important.

Comment

• Thank you @SQflyergirl!

I just have one more question. If the deadlines were on an annual basis, then why do people who qualify within the same year have different deadlines to meet?

Thanks once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
          Thank you @SQflyergirl!

I just have one more question. If the deadlines were on an annual basis, then why do people who qualify within the same year have different deadlines to meet?

Thanks once again.
          The 24/11 deadline is the same for everybody - IF (big IF) one was Elite with A3 on, OR before 24/11/2014.

If you were a regular basic member at THAT time, this does not apply, meaning- your qualification year may be different - i'm guessing the day you hit the x miles required would then be your "date"

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Whether you do it in 3 days or 364 days is not important.
            What if you did it in 2 days?!

Comment

• Ah, I think I finally get it. They only evaluate tier retention on 24/11 annually so it doesn't matter when I actually credit the miles to my M&B acc. Am I right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                What if you did it in 2 days?!
                Ooh uncharted territory. Flash, is that you?

Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
                Ah, I think I finally get it. They only evaluate tier retention on 24/11 annually so it doesn't matter when I actually credit the miles to my M&B acc. Am I right?
                Not quite - they evaluate tier retention on whichever day is set for your membership year. If you are a Gold or Silver from the past, i.e. - before 24/11/2014 - the day of reckoning for you is coincidentally 24/11 because that is the day all people who were elites got reset to.

If you were not an elite on that day in november 2014 - your "day of reckoning" will be the day you hit elite, and not the 24/11 one for the ones who were already elite on that day in november 2014. IIRC, if you have not qualified yet you have a 12 month moving average to do so, so this day could be any day in the year, and from THAT day of hitting elite, you have 12 months to requalify. At least that's my understanding.

If your day of reckoning happens to be (like me) 24/11/2014.. it means you have till 23/11/2015 to hit the required mark. If you do, you requalify till 23/11/2016 - and your card will expire 28/2/2017

Comment

• Thanks so much @SQflyergirl!

I'm A3 *G, it states on my acc. 2 card upgrades - 24/11/2014 and 16/12/2014 even though I qualified for *G before the 24/11 deadline; system didn't show and I called on 15/12.

Actually my main concern is not inability to meet the deadline, but that should I retroactively accrue all my miles and hit the 24k miles requirement now, I will be re-qualify immediately then and "lose" months in the process and my new year starts now.

Comment

• Fully onboard except I'm wondering about 28/2/2017. Sure about that?

My qualification cycle also started on 24/11/2014 same as for other existing A3 Golds. My current card stops 01/2016 and I did requalify already (without flying A3, so 24K mls) so I was assuming the new card would be valid until 01/2017 and not 02/2017 though I wouldn't complain if I get an extra month.

I guess time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                      Fully onboard except I'm wondering about 28/2/2017. Sure about that?

My qualification cycle also started on 24/11/2014 same as for other existing A3 Golds. My current card stops 01/2016 and I did requalify already (without flying A3, so 24K mls) so I was assuming the new card would be valid until 01/2017 and not 02/2017 though I wouldn't complain if I get an extra month.

I guess time will tell.
                      Wait let me check my card

Oops - you're right - 24/1/2016. A new card will be valid till 24/1/2017 - I don't know why i keep thinking end feb .....

Comment

• My card says 16/02/2016, 2 card upgrades - 24/11/2014 and 16/12/2014… really confusing…..

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Wait let me check my card

Oops - you're right - 24/1/2016. A new card will be valid till 24/1/2017 - I don't know why i keep thinking end feb .....
                          Maybe thinking LH M&M? Their status & card validity always goes till Feb of the year after the 2 year validity period.

Mine says the same - 24/01/2016 for now.

BTW, is that plaster for shoe emergencies, e.g. when a pair is new or a bit painful and causes blisters? My GF carries some of those in her handbag all the time

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                            Maybe thinking LH M&M? Their status & card validity always goes till Feb of the year after the 2 year validity period.

Mine says the same - 24/01/2016 for now.

BTW, is that plaster for shoe emergencies, e.g. when a pair is new or a bit painful and causes blisters? My GF carries some of those in her handbag all the time
                            Honestly, I dunno WHAT i was thinking. I think i have too many dates swirling around in my head.

The plaster is the handiest thing in my handbag it will save you from recalcitrant shoes as you say! I have not found other uses YET, but i will always carry some just in case.

Comment

Working...
                            X