Singapore Airlines to expand 'non-air' loyalty partnerships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines to expand 'non-air' loyalty partnerships

According to CAPA, SQ is set to expand KrisFlyer's "Non-Air" Partnerships. Unfortunately, that's not something which we can read online. Do anyone have any inkling about this? What can we be expecting?
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

They gave TPPs 1 year free Shangri-La Diamond status.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I don't think they meant it in that way. KF Miles already can be transferred out to buy groceries. I just hope for the day that they can be even more flexible like booking hotels for example.
      Life's A Bitch,
      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Yes, check this out on Agoda, accelerated earning of miles on hotel bookings, up to 10,000 KF miles on a hotel booking, see here https://www.agoda.com/krisflyer

Comment

It seems to work out to 2x miles / $ spending.
          You have the option to pay more to get more miles.

Kaligo Citibank offers so much better.
          And I am mostly into Expedia 6x combo with shopback 8% cashback.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            It seems to work out to 2x miles / $ spending.
            You have the option to pay more to get more miles.

Kaligo Citibank offers so much better.
            And I am mostly into Expedia 6x combo with shopback 8% cashback.

Is it true that if you use 3rd parties like Kaligo, Agoda etc. you are not entitled to the usual hotel loyalty benefits/awards versus booking directly with the hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
              Is it true that if you use 3rd parties like Kaligo, Agoda etc. you are not entitled to the usual hotel loyalty benefits/awards versus booking directly with the hotel?
              Yes that's right.

Comment

Could be the beginning of more good things to come, at least I hope.

SQ seems to be selling miles quite aggressively recently.

First, the OCBC Voyage Card renewal gets 500K miles for $10K.

Today I saw that Standard Chartered is giving miles in lieu of interest for its 6-mth time deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepanda View Post
                  Wow that's $1=50 miles

Surely that must be the highest ratio in Singapore??

Comment

Wow that's $1=50 miles

Surely that must be the highest ratio in Singapore??
                    Actually ratio-wise it's the same, i.e. $0.02 per mile. But the ability to purchase 500k miles in one fuss-free transaction is priceless.

Comment

Actually ratio-wise it's the same, i.e. $0.02 per mile. But the ability to purchase 500k miles in one fuss-free transaction is priceless.
                      What I meant by ratio was credit card fee vs miles received. It's usually in the range of $1=40+ miles e.g. Citi Prestige $535 renewal gets you 62,500 points which translates to 25,000 miles so is $1=46.7 miles.

I agree that getting 500,000 miles in one tranche is pretty cool.

Comment

OCBC Voyage 150k Miles

Even the standard OCBC Voyage card gets you 150k miles if you're willing to pay S$3,210 upon application. Very handy if you don't clock up miles by flying but like to fly upfront occasionally.

Comment

Yeah, I try to book direct with SPG and Hilton for status and upgrades then transfer the points out to KF later. Used Kaligo once at an independent hotel and it was alright, but must compare prices. Other OTAs often a bit cheaper so have to decide if the extra miles are worth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X