No announcement yet.

GARUDA announces New Business Class seats on all its A-330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, you have some axe to grind with the A330. You seem to have a paranoia with the A330 and seem to have read up to backup those fears. Let me state the facts.
    As i mentioned in another thread, all engines irregardless of airframe are prone to IFSDs. B777s had their fair share not too long ago.( incl SQ)

n fact, I think the in-flight shut down of engine is not a tiny problem. You know restart of engine requires very long time and a lot of procedures, it is not as simple as an IC SI or CI engine, as the N1 of the gas turbine must obtain bleed air from APU or the emergency drop down turbine during start; moreover the period of in-flight shut down may affect the cabin pressure, de-ice system, hydraulic system and electric generator, because no bleed air, electricity and engine torque provided respectively, in consequent, the pitot static tube will be icing and the avionics will get the wrong data, finally the aircraft will stall. Although it is the worst case, but doesn't mean that it won't happens. You can imagine how danger the situation will be.
    IFSD of an engine will rarely affect all engines at once. And you do not need APU bleed to start an engine mid flight. The windmilling effect of the oncoming wind is enough to rotate the engine and restart it. Over in a few minutes if no big problems exist. All the essential systems you have mentioned have backups independent of the engine, so no big problem there either.

Basically for a layman, all you need to know is that all these aircraft have been rigorously tested by the authorities and there are multiple redundancies built into them. There needs to be multiple flaws/ mistakes to crash an aircraft. I.E: Swiss Cheese Model. If there were fundamental design flaws that needs immediate attention, they will be grounded till they are fixed.( E.g: DC 10) So, chill dude. Let the pros do the worrying. Sit back and relax on your next flight.

P.S: Tell me the aircraft you prefer to fly in and i will tell you all the accidents/incidents and flaws of it.

Comment

GA New Paint Scheme

Back to the topic.

Just found this update again from Indoflyer.net. The following pictures are credited to Aristo in that forum.

The improved typeface and the word Garuda Indonesia is no longer italicized.

The New Paint Scheme on the new B738 NG. GA is keeping the exotic Garuda bird logo on the fuselage.

The New Paint Scheme on the new A332

The New Interior - same basic color as HU but with navy blue (or black) headrests and cushions. The signature HU's chinese prosperity coins pattern is now gone from the seat cover.

The following pictures are credited to this site:
      http://gerobakterbang.wordpress.com/...uda-indonesia/

Last edited by UMD; 13 June 2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

That's a very nice update on the look of GA's planes. I'm glad they kept the garuda logo -- it was/is one of my favorites.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for the updates UMD.
          The application of the new livery looks nicer on the B738 picture than the A332 plane.
          IMHO the bird & wordings should be placed more to the front of the plane (close to door 1).

Comment

Reminds me of CI's J product when they first rolled out their 333s.

A step in the right direction for GA. I hope the EU allows them to fly back to the continent soon.

I love the 333--first flew it on KA HKG-SHA-HKG in the mid-90s.
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              Thanks for the updates UMD.
              The application of the new livery looks nicer on the B738 picture than the A332 plane.
              IMHO the bird & wordings should be placed more to the front of the plane (close to door 1).
              I agree. For some reasons, GA always has its bird and wordings placed after door 2 on all its wide bodies. The current scheme is the same as well. Maybe GA would like to keep the integrity of the whole wordings and the birds even when door No. 2 is open.

Originally posted by B727 View Post
              Reminds me of CI's J product when they first rolled out their 333s.

A step in the right direction for GA. I hope the EU allows them to fly back to the continent soon.

I love the 333--first flew it on KA HKG-SHA-HKG in the mid-90s.
              CI's J is not a lie flat, is it? This is horizontal lie flat and similar to the SA and HU products.
              Last edited by UMD; 13 June 2009, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                Tell me the aircraft you prefer to fly in and i will tell you all the accidents/incidents and flaws of it.
                Still, I prefer no flying!!

But if there are no alternatives, I think Beriev's A-40PM is a good model, because it can land on water. However for the common types, I do prefer Boeings'; coz they get a longer history in producing airplanes (since 1916), psychologically I think they are more reliable and experienced!!

Comment

Garuda's new look!

http://gerobakterbang.wordpress.com/...uda-indonesia/

Looks way better than their old livery.

Comment

It has a rather "random European charter airline" look to it.

Comment

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
                      lol, I hear ya

Comment

I don't like the font. So common.
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty View Post
                          Still, I prefer no flying!!

But if there are no alternatives, I think Beriev's A-40PM is a good model, because it can land on water. However for the common types, I do prefer Boeings'; coz they get a longer history in producing airplanes (since 1916), psychologically I think they are more reliable and experienced!!
                          Your idea of a good airplane is amphibious? Do you mean to imply that an amphibious plane is more survivable just because it can land on water? I seriously doubt that most commercial airliner accidents could have been avoided just by the aircraft being amphibious.

And longer history don't mean nothing. Tupolev and Ilyushin have got a longer history of building planes than Airbus, yet I'd bet most people given a choice would rather fly an Airbus aircraft any day of the year than either of those two. And are you saying that reliability and experience is all in the mind?

Comment

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
                            Yes but in a pleasant sort of way. The Kebayas are a bit sucky tho, a tad too mak cik for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
                              a tad too mak cik for my liking.
                              lol, we all love the "gadis muda" aura of the SQ Girls don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by s7r0ng3r View Post
                                lol, we all love the "gadis muda" aura of the SQ Girls don't we?
                                I think you mean the "lao chio" mystique.

Comment

Working...
                                X