No announcement yet.

EK A380 interior pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I easily imagine EK to let each passenger sign some sort of personal damage/injury waiver which basically says that you can shower but at your own risk. With that EK takes no responsibility and that's it. If you get hurt, well, you took the risk.
    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

More pics and review here:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...d-the-pictures

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ers-in-the-sky

Comment

Interesting to note that the seat pitch on the insides are different from outside seats in J - due to the design of the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Interesting to note that the seat pitch on the insides are different from outside seats in J - due to the design of the seats.
          LX'new business class will have the same kind of design

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
            I easily imagine EK to let each passenger sign some sort of personal damage/injury waiver which basically says that you can shower but at your own risk. With that EK takes no responsibility and that's it. If you get hurt, well, you took the risk.
            I would imagine that they would probably have one of those "sit down" shower chairs (adapted for aircraft use with with seatbelt attached) inside the shower stall that are usually found in nursing homes/medical facilities.

Comment

From A.Net:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emira...861/1374275/L/

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                That's one nice looking toilet / washroom. I think EK is doing a better job with the interior for its A380 than SQ is.

I hope SQ will change its cabin interior in the 2nd wave of its A380 aircrafts.

Comment

For Y, it seems like an improvement for EK and the seats look similar to SQ's. However, knowing EK, I"m sure they'll find a way to make it cramped :tongue3

J also looks like a nice upgrade from what EK has now but its not exactly class leading I would say.

For suites, I think SQ's still look bigger and more elegant. EK's suite does not look too different from the one fitted on the B772LR. But those showers look great (except for the 5 min. limit)! The in-seat mini bars are a bit tacky and the onboard lounge is too gimmicky imo, and as Qatar and other airlines have showed us, it might not last. But still, the products are impressive, and both airlines have done well.
                  Last edited by sqforever; 31 July 2008, 12:27 PM.
                  Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

For a plane of this size the pitch in Economy is pretty bad to say the least. All the talk of giving people more space when the plane was launched was countered by the "more-space-more-people" cynical view that seems to actually be the case, but no surprise there i suppose - i was on the cynics side all along.

It's just disappointing that 32-33" inch is still seen as acceptable when its just not.

Business Class is a mess, no other word for it. Different pitches, different space between seats and a quite frankly stupid "minibar" idea.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      That's one nice looking toilet / washroom. I think EK is doing a better job with the interior for its A380 than SQ is.

I hope SQ will change its cabin interior in the 2nd wave of its A380 aircrafts.

It's pretty clear that only EK can afford to have a shower on board.
                      The amount of water to be loaded on the plane is quite huge i suppose.

I read somewhere JL is now using pottery and cutlery lighter to reduce weight. All other carriers are doing their best to limit the total weight and i can't see how they - but EK - could install shower with this (comprehensible) policy.
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I must say that SIA really slipped up by not putting a bar on board for both F and J. I fly VS a lot and its really a great way to to spend some time dring a long haul flight. The shower I bet will spend most of its time not being used due to rough weather etc. Maybe SIA should keep the pressure up for future a380 deliveries by adding the bars - forget the showers though!

Comment

Originally posted by porsche View Post
                          I must say that SIA really slipped up by not putting a bar on board for both F and J. I fly VS a lot and its really a great way to to spend some time dring a long haul flight. The shower I bet will spend most of its time not being used due to rough weather etc. Maybe SIA should keep the pressure up for future a380 deliveries by adding the bars - forget the showers though!

I think the reason why is because there is no room on the a380 for bars etc. The new products of SIA takes up too much space (suites and business class) IF they were to squeeze in a bar, it would decrease the amounts of the premium seats and economy. Less seats means less revenue i suppose. SQ is in it to make money off a380. A Bar is a nice touch, but why need it when a SQ girl can bring you your whine?

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
                            For suites, I think SQ's still look bigger and more elegant. EK's suite does not look too different from the one fitted on the B772LR. But those showers look great (except for the 5 min. limit)! The in-seat mini bars are a bit tacky and the onboard lounge is too gimmicky imo, and as Qatar and other airlines have showed us, it might not last. But still, the products are impressive, and both airlines have done well.
                            1. SQ's Suite is in fact smaller than EK's F suite on their A345s. SQ's Suite is in fact more claustrophobic than EK's.

2. The in seat mini-bars are a nice touch.

3. EK had put in more thought on their Suite design than SQ, really.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                              IF they were to squeeze in a bar, it would decrease the amounts of the premium seats and economy. Less seats means less revenue i suppose. SQ is in it to make money off a380.
                              Exactly. In the balance between profit and passenger comfort on this point, SQ went for more profit rather than comfort. Time will tell whether EK made the right decision the other way.

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                              A Bar is a nice touch, but why need it when a SQ girl can bring you your whine?
                              For the same reason why people go to a bar with friends or business contacts rather than drink by themselves at home ?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                                1. SQ's Suite is in fact smaller than EK's F suite on their A345s. SQ's Suite is in fact more claustrophobic than EK's.

2. The in seat mini-bars are a nice touch.

3. EK had put in more thought on their Suite design than SQ, really.
                                Singapore Suite is smaller then Emirates? It does not seem like it, EK suite looks smaller and is way more claustrophobic then SIA. SIA Suite Class: Pitch is 81.0" Width. 35.0" 12 private cabins with 27" x 78" stand-alone flat-bed, separate from the seat. Emirates Suites : Pitch 86.0" Width 23.0" . And this is only for the seat and not the cabin itself. One can clearly see that SQ's suite class seat is bigger then Emirates. Besides the sliding door, SQ added 2 small window to make the suite more open and not to enclosed, while EK only has a sliding door. Once those door are closed you are in a small and tiny compartment. I think your trying to bring down a great product with false information and accusation. If someone can prove me wrong, that SIA'S suites are smaller then Emirates, i would gladly step down and say you are in fact correct. Look at the pictures and tell me again if you think EK suite is bigger then SIA.

Pictures from A.net

Emirates Suite: Photographer: Gerhard Vysocan
                                http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../6/1374672.jpg

Second Picture: Photographeran Valentine
                                http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../2/1175248.jpg

Jetphoto.net: Photograpger : Alex Espinoza
                                http://images2.jetphotos.net/img/2/5...1217289075.jpg

Singapore Airlines Suite. Truly a class beyond First
                                http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../0/1287007.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../2/1282284.jpg

Jetphoto.net: Photograpger: Sam Chui
                                http://images2.jetphotos.net/img/2/0...1194071360.jpg

Or look at the own airlines website:

Emirates:
                                http://www.emirates.com/us/english
                                /flying/cabin_features/first_class/new_private_suites.aspx

Singapore Airlines:
                                http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...v=-1515822438&
                                Last edited by singaporeairlinesboi; 10 August 2008, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X