Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Assignment for A3 Redemption

Hi all,

As per the title, made a redemption on SQ using A3 miles.

How do I go about arranging for seat assisngments? SQ website do not recognise the e-ticket number and the booking reference given by A3. Do I call SQ or A3?

This is my first time redeeming on SQ metal. Other redemptions on UA and BR experienced no such issue.

Thanks.

Call SQ for seat assignments. Ask them for the SQ booking reference for easy reference subsequently.

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
      Hi all,

As per the title, made a redemption on SQ using A3 miles.

How do I go about arranging for seat assisngments? SQ website do not recognise the e-ticket number and the booking reference given by A3. Do I call SQ or A3?

This is my first time redeeming on SQ metal. Other redemptions on UA and BR experienced no such issue.

Thanks.
      Very strange - SQ uses amadeus, as does A3 - the record locator should be correct. Have they swapped the names around (Surname/name?) for example?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Very strange - SQ uses amadeus, as does A3 - the record locator should be correct. Have they swapped the names around (Surname/name?) for example?
        Nope. The First/Last Name is correct. And this is only happening to SQ booking. My UA and BR booking is fine. I can access the reservation from UA's and BR's website using either the e-ticket number or the booking reference provided by A3.

Busy with lots of backlog work after the long CNY break, so will try to find time to call up SQ.

Comment

My previous bookings (UA miles on SQ metal quite sometime ago), have different UA and SQ booking reference. Trying to access by ticket number on SQ website is denied as they only take their own ticket numbers (ie starting with 618). I simply called SQ, with my flight number, date and my name to retrieve the SQ booking reference, and get the seat allocations (and BTC if applicable) through the phone.

Comment

Well, I called up SQ 3 times and it didn't work. The first person told me my ticket do not allow for seat assignments and the most he can do is to put in a request for me. Although the only seats I can choose will be the preferred seats (and I'll have to pay for it too).

The other 2 said my ticket was issued by A3 and therefore I have to call up A3 for seat assignments and not SQ as they do not "have access to their ticketing system".

Called up A3 and was told A3 is only in charge of ticketing, seat assignment is under the operating carrier, which I'm inclined to believe, as I had no problem with the UA and BR booking.

Now if only I can sit all of them down together on a table or put them all in a conference call........

Comment

RCTP, did you call both the main reservations number and the KF number?

Comment

Yup both. And I asked for a booking reference to do the seat assignment myself online and was told I already have it. Told them it's by A3 and so can't log in and again was told to "try again later".

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
                  Yup both. And I asked for a booking reference to do the seat assignment myself online and was told I already have it. Told them it's by A3 and so can't log in and again was told to "try again later".
                  I've always say that I've lost the booking reference number, tell them to find my flight and find me, then get the booking reference number from them. Unless there is a change in policy to prevent them from giving you the booking reference number. And also, to get the SG call centre instead of India or elsewhere.

I can't be sure if I was allowed to do seat assignment online with the SQ reference number, but they were able to do it for me at least. As always, if you do not like the answer, hang up and try again.

Comment

How do you ensure you get the Singapore call centre? Of the three times I've tried (twice to usual and once to kf services) I keep getting Indian call centres.

Comment

post deleted
                      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Whenever you have an award ticket using partner flights, you should always call the operating carrier(s) to get the PNR and check that the reservation and ticket appear in their own system and match each other.

Comment

Working...
                        X