Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeeming Mileage Plus on SQ metal

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:02 AM.

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
    I have a bunch of UA miles and want to redeem them on SQ on LHR-SIN. I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere, but this is only possible if
    a) I call them (and pay a booking fee)
    b) only travel economy (business and first redemptions not available

Is this correct?
    1) You should be able to find the flights online if they're available, unless UA is still blocking SQ award space. You can cross-check with the ANA tool, which is supposed to be more accurate.

2) Yes, you can only find Y space on 77W/A380 flights.

Burning miles for Y is usually of pretty bad value, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      1) You should be able to find the flights online if they're available, unless UA is still blocking SQ award space. You can cross-check with the ANA tool, which is supposed to be more accurate.

2) Yes, you can only find Y space on 77W/A380 flights.

Burning miles for Y is usually of pretty bad value, though.
      post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

post deleted

Comment

Thanks SilverChris ... I didn't really want to use my UA miles for Y ... as you say is bad value.

Looking into next year, I wonder if Premium Economy will be available on inventory available to UA redemption bookings
          I can't think of any *A program that allows partner redemptions in PY.

I guess the next question is how difficult is it to redeem UA on LH metal? I am interested in flying LHR-SIN; so I can try the F terminal.
          LH only releases partner F space up to 14 days before departure. The UA website is known to show phantom award LH space so, again, I'd cross-check using the ANA tool.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            1) You should be able to find the flights online if they're available, unless UA is still blocking SQ award space.
            UA no longer displays SQ flight options online for redemption. You have to find the available flights via NH (AC may also work) and then call UA to manually ticket and price the redemption flights. Good news is that in my experience, if ANA shows it as available for redemption, UA phone agents see the same thing.

I have found that these calls, even when you know the flights are available and you give them the actual flights/dates, take at least 45 minutes to one hour. UA has to manually price the taxes and determine the amount of miles to deduct, which is a cumbersome and slow process.

Fair warning. Find a comfortable place to be sitting on the phone for an hour when you are ready to book!

Comment

post deleted

Comment

Yes, I agree with crazycrab955. I usually prefer to call their SG call center as I find them more competent, with respect to ICC and maybe US call center (skype if I'm not in SG).

Comment

Sorry if I sound like a newbie. If I want to fly LHR - SIN (via FRA) it will be difficult to book the LH premium cabin more than 14 days ahead?
                  In that case, can anyone suggest a LHR - SIN itinerary that involves a decent A* premium experience?
                  post deleted

Comment

TG is the only one that comes to my mind as the moment.

Comment

I realize I wasn't specific. I have UA miles and want to redeem on the LHR - SIN route; in a premium cabin if possible.
                      Other than the LH 14 days ahead option, has anyone got other suggestions?
                      Thanks
                      LX has a very nice J product and is the best option for LHR-SIN in Biz, IMO. If you can't snag LH F this would be your second priority. Availability is a bit tough but possible if you're lucky.

LHR-BKK-SIN in BR and/or TG isn't bad either.

Comment

With the (somewhat) recent changes to UA's FFP, you're better off sticking with UA metal.

[EDIT] There appears to be reduced partner pricing for trips January - March that appeared today (December 6th). Book now as it may be a glitch.
                        Last edited by HUGE AL; 7 December 2014, 05:19 AM. Reason: Developing Changes
                        HUGE AL

Comment

post deleted
                          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Kindly call the SQ hotline, give them your flight number, date of flight and name and which BTC you want. You can also ask them for the SQ 6 alpha numeric booking reference (which will be different from the UA one) so it will be easier to reference to your booking subsequently.

Comment

Working...
                            X