Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG are going to be great fun for the forseeable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
    Booking TG649 a few weeks back it was noted as B787 on the website. Ten minutes later when getting tickets it changed to a A330 and today I got a new ticket changing it to a B773.

The flight is 5wks off so no idea all what can happen in the meantime yet.
    Hey that sounds just like TG to me.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
      Booking TG649 a few weeks back it was noted as B787 on the website. Ten minutes later when getting tickets it changed to a A330 and today I got a new ticket changing it to a B773.

The flight is 5wks off so no idea all what can happen in the meantime yet.
      This is too funny.

Checking on Flightaware shows that ALL recent instances of the flight have been operated by the 787. Let's hope it goes back to that for your flight in 5 weeks.

Comment

While we enjoy a laugh at what is going on in Thailand these days with that f*ckwit currently in charge, especially some of the nonsense he spouts, the recent ICAO concern about safety in Thai aviation is not funny at all. They'll have real problems if the EU and US start getting twitchy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32126817

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/tran...s-extend-to-eu
        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 11 May 2015, 02:28 AM.

Comment

I was on TG a couple of days ago and (maybe again) they promised in the Magazine editorial at the beginning that LHR will "soon" be getting the A380.

Comment

Just having arrived at BKK they have a truly eye watering amount of widebody aircraft lying around on the tarmac near the maintenance area and hangars. No wonder they are bleeding cash. Still I am sure the military guys in charge now will sort it all out....

I see they have blamed the airports being too busy for the recent ICAO raised issues, so are talking about going back on certain open skies agreement to cut traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Just having arrived at BKK they have a truly eye watering amount of widebody aircraft lying around on the tarmac near the maintenance area and hangars. No wonder they are bleeding cash. Still I am sure the military guys in charge now will sort it all out....

I see they have blamed the airports being too busy for the recent ICAO raised issues, so are talking about going back on certain open skies agreement to cut traffic.
              I just left......
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Oddly, there was an article I read whilst flying last week that did also mention BKK as having passed or about to pass capacity limits, same as for HKG and ICN. To hear this is as an "excuse" is a slightly more credible one than others I've heard.

Have four TG flights coming up in June so.......wish me luck

Comment

I was on TG today from SIN to BKK and the service was absolutely top notch. Never seen a more hands-on, friendly, attentive cabin crew. Really amazing attention to detail!

Comment

My flights mel bkk cmb were great 3 weeks ago. Very happy with the crew
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Also, just completed SIN-BKK-FRA a few days ago, in J.

Both sectors were excellent. Crew were cheery, joking, communicating well, very helpful and absolutely no complaints.

I didn't want dinner on the second sector, after eating on the first, but I was keen to get the Roasted Duck Red Curry instead of the Omelette/Sausage option at breakfast and..... absolutely no problem, and very tasty.

Based on these flights I would definitely recommend TG. With the A380 starting the LHR in July it gives me another route for flying them......fingers crossed, then, for my return sectors in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                        I was on TG today from SIN to BKK and the service was absolutely top notch. Never seen a more hands-on, friendly, attentive cabin crew. Really amazing attention to detail!
                        Fully agreed with that.
                        Service element with people is definally there for Thailand. All they need is a good management team to save the company.

I see great protential with them.

Comment

I flew SIN-BKK-OSL return sometime back on TG and was a little disappointed overall; IFE was spotty and crew went missing for large chunks during the flight. There was quite a long wait for the crew to respond when I pressed the call button as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                            I see great protential with them.
                            Potential ?. They're over 50 years old, it's a bit late for 'potential'.

TG can be excellent on board, but they can also be absolutely dreadful. And with constant political interference, which is also what has ****ed MH, they are always up against it.
                            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 10 June 2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Potential ?. They're over 50 years old, it's a bit late for 'potential'.

TG can be excellent on board, but they can also be absolutely dreadful. And with constant political interference, which is also what has ****ed MH, they are always up against it.
                              How old is SQ then? Understanding that the market share has been going down recently anyway. 15 years back, we never think CX is any where near SQ too!

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                                15 years back, we never think CX is any where near SQ too!
                                Who is the 'we' of which you speak ?. Not looking in the mirror when you say that, are you ?. Most people I know who fly and have flown SQ and CX enough to be able to give experienced and first hand opinions, have always said SQ and CX are about as good as each other and for many years were out there at the top of the pile on their own.

Comment

Working...
                                X