No announcement yet.

Air France To Introduce Singapore-Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To put things into perspective. A normal SQ 'Flexi" fare for SIN-CGK-SIN RT booking into E fare bucket goes for 698 SGD I don't like "scrappy team" and am not an AF fan, but J for less than Y is an argument that makes me overlook those previous points The Y fare is LCC territory as it is all in and I can see myself sucking it up for1:15hr. Heck the Tax + YQ on my SQ KF RT redemption in Eco was 139 SGD (+ 12.75K mls) a few weeks ago when normal SQ Eco fare was 700 SGD.

Do Y+ for 250-280 SGD on offer and you will have takers. The F price on the other hand is a bit silly as it is in SQ territory though depending on a/c used some may argue the AF F seat is the better hard product over a SQ regional F seat (if you happen to get one of those).

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      I think KUL takes the top spot, but CGK still wins in terms of passengers carried.
      Looking at SIA only KUL (with all the MI flights) has 10 daily frequencies on SQ/MI and CGK has 9 on SQ. So I guess from that angle you were still right As for return seats, yes CGK is way ahead of KUL.
      Last edited by demue; 3 June 2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Just booked my flight on 3K to CGK at $97 all in return with luggage.

Comment

Well yes, some LCCs at times are really cheap. Had a friend come in CGK-SIN one-way on JT (Lion Air) and it was 350K IDR all in with luggage (38 SGD). But then i wouldn't really be persuaded to take though 3K is an option.

I still maintain that (dare i say) I find SQ Eco Saver awards are good value for SIN-CGK-SIN if you need to be on SQ. I was traveling with my GF who was on a Biz trip and despite the atrocious YQ the saver award online redemption for 12.75K miles in relation to 560 SGD savings (Flex Eco fare of 698$ - 139$ Award Tax + YQ) still mean roughly 4.4 cents per mile value which isn't too shabby. Yes I know it is not J or F, but it helps to get rid of expiring miles every now and then
          Last edited by demue; 5 June 2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I was checking last month for tickets(heading to CGK next week) and yes, SQ was that S$698 in Y so I booked GA for S$303. Whilst it's on a smaller 737-NG it's still full service, with good food, good timing, enough legroom, luggage allowance and miles.

Not so long ago when LH were flying their 747 to CGK I got seat 1A for only a couple of bucks more than SQ's Y even at that time.

I had taken AirAsia last year but the new terminal in CGK is not so good for spending a bit of time pre-flight and the boarding procedure/immigration was chaos. Fare was good, but the rest not so much - for a one night stay in Jakarta, though, certainly didn't make sense to fly SQ.

Comment

Value for money. Booked SEP flight return ticket on Y. All in S$170. Changed to Business S$590 which is around what you pay for SQ's Y.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                Well to answer your question, I'd say:

Y: cheap/reasonable
                Y+: not cheap
                J: cheap
                F: beyond exorbitant
                My take:

J: not so cheap, but not crazy either
                F: beyond exorbitant[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  My take:

J: not so cheap, but not crazy either
                  F: beyond exorbitant
                  [/QUOTE]

Y+ is a tad too expensive and closely priced to J. I love and generally fly on premium economy but with that price difference i would rather pay a bit more and go for J or....downgrade myself to the very affordable Y

Comment

Is AF stopping SIN-CGK service? I can't find any flights beyond Mar 27, 2016. They used to have some really decent fares, e.g. Biz RT for 450$ or Eco for 160$, so it would be sad to see it come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                      Is AF stopping SIN-CGK service? I can't find any flights beyond Mar 27, 2016. They used to have some really decent fares, e.g. Biz RT for 450$ or Eco for 160$, so it would be sad to see it come to an end.
                      Yes, announced in early February.

http://airlineroute.net/2016/02/05/af-sin-s16update2/

Comment

Working...
                      X