Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avianca Lifemiles Thread

soooo. LifeMiles... sounds possibly good but hard to find charts/info on their site.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    soooo. LifeMiles... sounds possibly good but hard to find charts/info on their site.
    I don't even think they have any. AFAIK you have to make a dummy award booking.

I find it quite surprising that even partner redemptions are done online.

Comment

Avianca Lifemiles Thread

I've looked into Lifemiles by AVIANCA. I'm very happy with it and I can safely say now my miles will be put into their program. With 100% promo's the program is excellent value and in the same league as BMI. you can buy 150,000 miles a year and a simple Melbourne to Thailand redemption is 18,000 miles one way in business plus cash (I've forgotten now but with the 100% promo and considering if you had to purchase ALL miles you can get a one way for about AUD650 all in). There is ZERO fuel surcharges too, and you can make partner redemptions online.

Comment

Highly interesting, sqdazz, you're kind of familiar with my travel patterns - how are they for SE Asia to North Asia, or Aussie to N. Asia with a stopover in Singapore in between?

And more importantly - do they get the same sort of availability on TG/SQ as BD used to?

Comment

t Availability seems good on sq and tg. Stopovers don't look possible online, it becomes point to point. I don't know if you can call to get a stopover. I'll let you know later on about intra asia once I've analysed it more.

Comment

example: Singapore to Tokyo in business is 16,000 miles plus USD306.24 plus airport tax USD22.09 on SQ. Miles cost USD30 when not on sale, or 15 when 100% promo is on. So with promo USD568 one way in business. add USD240 for no promo. There is a bit more value in some longer haul trips, and Australia to Asia is only slightly more, 18,000 miles one way in business.

The extra for F is not that high, but the problem with the online booking is that ALL sectors need to be available in the higher class, so SIN-BKK-NRT in F doesn't work because there is no F on BKK-NRT. It won't show up otherwise. However, I found Bangkok to Tokyo in FIRST for 13,500 miles plus USD244.95 cash plus USD22.18 tax (no fuel surcharge with lifemiles). So if you got the miles with a 100% promo that sector only costs you about USD470. great value!

You should just sign up and play with the website. It's pretty good really. The main downsides is the lack of stopovers without paying point to point, and the fact that you can't book an itinerary with 2 classes, e.g biz on the short haul then first on the long haul. I don't know if this can be gotten around by calling the call centre, but I have heard bad things about AVIANCA call centres. Anyway - for me, I am very keen to sample it with a Melbourne to North Asia booking on SQ. I will try and do it sometime this year.

The booking engine online is pretty efficient, I looked up Melbourne to Saipan and it offered MEL-SIN-ICN-SPN which is the only star alliance route there and certainly the long way round. it priced it as an Australia to Asia route.

Comment

How about starting a new Lifemiles thread? I just registered and am keen to learn more, and this certainly isn't the place for me to flood with questions

Comment

I've looked into Lifemiles by AVIANCA. I'm very happy with it and I can safely say now my miles will be put into their program. With 100% promo's the program is excellent value and in the same league as BMI. you can buy 150,000 miles a year and a simple Melbourne to Thailand redemption is 18,000 miles one way in business plus cash (I've forgotten now but with the 100% promo and considering if you had to purchase ALL miles you can get a one way for about AUD650 all in). There is ZERO fuel surcharges too, and you can make partner redemptions online.
                I just had a look at the LifeMiles website myself...and the biggest drawback to me is the minimum miles required on TA metal to reach status. It is fine as long as one keeps flying SQ in the front, can double dip, and maintain PPS/*G status, but not so good if flying other airlines. I will stick with M&M for the time being.
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                  I just had a look at the LifeMiles website myself...and the biggest drawback to me is the minimum miles required on TA metal to reach status. It is fine as long as one keeps flying SQ in the front, can double dip, and maintain PPS/*G status, but not so good if flying other airlines. I will stick with M&M for the time being.
                  yes, so 3.5 years of A3*G status matched from BMI works out well in this instance.

Comment

I guess the idea here is to bunk miles with LifeMiles and get status some place else. Just a pain to try to use your A3 *G for extra luggage allowance & lounge access etc. and crediting miles to LM. May not work out every time. YMMV.

Of course the other option is to buy most miles and just use it as a competitive redemption option that gives premium cabin at Y class prices. I'm going to sit a bit on that one before jumping in at the deep end. Not that brave

Comment

example: Singapore to Tokyo in business is 16,000 miles plus USD306.24 plus airport tax USD22.09 on SQ. Miles cost USD30 when not on sale, or 15 when 100% promo is on. So with promo USD568 one way in business. add USD240 for no promo. There is a bit more value in some longer haul trips, and Australia to Asia is only slightly more, 18,000 miles one way in business.

The extra for F is not that high, but the problem with the online booking is that ALL sectors need to be available in the higher class, so SIN-BKK-NRT in F doesn't work because there is no F on BKK-NRT. It won't show up otherwise. However, I found Bangkok to Tokyo in FIRST for 13,500 miles plus USD244.95 cash plus USD22.18 tax (no fuel surcharge with lifemiles). So if you got the miles with a 100% promo that sector only costs you about USD470. great value!

You should just sign up and play with the website. It's pretty good really. The main downsides is the lack of stopovers without paying point to point, and the fact that you can't book an itinerary with 2 classes, e.g biz on the short haul then first on the long haul. I don't know if this can be gotten around by calling the call centre, but I have heard bad things about AVIANCA call centres. Anyway - for me, I am very keen to sample it with a Melbourne to North Asia booking on SQ. I will try and do it sometime this year.

The booking engine online is pretty efficient, I looked up Melbourne to Saipan and it offered MEL-SIN-ICN-SPN which is the only star alliance route there and certainly the long way round. it priced it as an Australia to Asia route.
                      I can't find the 100% promo you speak of.. any link? Usually go the paid F route but this is a ridiculously cheaper way..

Comment

they have been offering them regularly previously but there is no current promo. It is HOPED they will have more. But do sign up to lifemiles just in case, as you need to have a valid membership existing at the time they do start these promos. If you sign up during the promo you can't take advantage.

Comment

they have been offering them regularly previously but there is no current promo. It is HOPED they will have more. But do sign up to lifemiles just in case, as you need to have a valid membership existing at the time they do start these promos. If you sign up during the promo you can't take advantage.
                          Done. Thanks mate

Comment

by the way - I don't know about zones etc in this program, but Singapore-Thailand redemptions are bad value, but Thailand to places like Japan, HK, Philipines etc are good value.

Comment

by the way - I don't know about zones etc in this program, but Singapore-Thailand redemptions are bad value, but Thailand to places like Japan, HK, Philipines etc are good value.
                              Thailand to China via Singapore?

Comment

Working...
                              X