Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bora Bora

Hello all,

I've always wondered what is the easiest way to get to Bora Bora from Singapore. Some flights go through insane routings through Paris etc. Does anyone know of the quickest way i.e. shortest route without resorting to private/charter jets to get to the most beautiful place on Earth?

Get yourself to NZ. From there Air NZ flies once a week or so to PPT, or TN on a few other days of the week. Make sure all your dates line up given the schedules.

I am trying to burn some LH miles which are about to expire on an NZ redemption to PPT. It's a right PITA even though I'm comparatively nearby ex-BNE, no way to avoid overnighting in AKL on the outbound. NZ codes on TN but can't burn LH miles on NZ*TN so am stuck with the very irregular NZ service.

You will then require another plane ride from PPT to Bora Bora.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Keith beat me to it. Yea, get Auckland and fly on NZ. It's pretty hard to get redemption especially in business since they only fly twice a week.

Comment

Sometimes the fastest way to get to a destination might involve a slight detour. But I personally feel this connection might be more desirable than an overnighter. And you get to have the whole day in Bora Bora.

5 per week, 15h 45m duration
        Singapore Airlines 38

4:30 pm → 4:15 pm SIN-LAX S M - - T F S

1–2 per day, 8h 22m duration

4:30 pm → 11:00 pm LAX-PPT S - - - T - - Air Tahiti Nui 407
        4:30 pm → 11:00 pm LAX-PPT - M - - - - S Air Tahiti Nui 7
        5:00 pm → 11:30 pm LAX-PPT - - - W - - - Air Tahiti Nui 17
        10:05 pm → 4:20 am LAX-PPT - - - - T F S Air France 674
        11:40 pm → 6:10 am LAX-PPT - - T - - F - Air Tahiti Nui 101

There are 3 ~ 5 daily flights PPT-BOB so you shouldn't need to worry about that.

Comment

Nz only gets you as far as PPT. From there it's a ridiculously expensive
          Puddle jumper flight on VT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
            Sometimes the fastest way to get to a destination might involve a slight detour. But I personally feel this connection might be more desirable than an overnighter. And you get to have the whole day in Bora Bora.

5 per week, 15h 45m duration
            Singapore Airlines 38

4:30 pm → 4:15 pm SIN-LAX S M - - T F S

1–2 per day, 8h 22m duration

4:30 pm → 11:00 pm LAX-PPT S - - - T - - Air Tahiti Nui 407
            4:30 pm → 11:00 pm LAX-PPT - M - - - - S Air Tahiti Nui 7
            5:00 pm → 11:30 pm LAX-PPT - - - W - - - Air Tahiti Nui 17
            10:05 pm → 4:20 am LAX-PPT - - - - T F S Air France 674
            11:40 pm → 6:10 am LAX-PPT - - T - - F - Air Tahiti Nui 101

There are 3 ~ 5 daily flights PPT-BOB so you shouldn't need to worry about that.
            Very unconventional routing from SIN, have to admit. But good to know/consider! I'm actually signed up for the Pacific Islander newsletter for over a year now and they regularly advertise packages ex-LAX. The only thing is they cater more to American customers.

Comment

Via NZ or NRT are the best options. I don't know anyone in their right mind whom would go via LAX to get to PPT though
              Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Working...
              X