No announcement yet.

United HKG-SIN-HKG to go 737

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only assume that loads for these sectors must be quite poor because this is a huge downgauge in both pax and cargo capacity.

Personally I'll miss seeing two UA heavies out the window of the Changi Crowne Plaza in the very early morning.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Sad to hear. UA has useful timings for a full day in HKG, plus competitive J fares.
      Yep which is why I was looking at it.

Most importantly a consistent product!!!!

Looking at SQ you have the following choice

B777-200/200ER
      B777-300ER
      A380
      A330

Comment

CO 737 C seat

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          You mean SIN-HKG and HKG-US vv flights are separate sectors?
          UA always had direct flights with the need to change planes (physically). I think the previous SIN - (HKG) - ORD direct flight on the 747 (both legs) are different planes.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            opsss sorry did not read that carefully

but if the B737 will be based in HKG then it will be idling in HKG for quite long then
            Not true, assuming the frame will be used for SIN>>>HKG>>>SGN>>>HKG>>>SIN. With a possible retime for an afternoon SGN departure, the bird might would only be idle in HKG max two hours each leg with overnight parking in SIN.

What I will be curious about would be in the case if the sole 737 goes tech.

Comment

Yikes I totally don't like this at all. The hard product on the 747 and to some degree the flight times were the only things UA had going for themself on the SIN-HKG-SIN route. If you get some domestic US F seat (that hopefully will be coded as C class and not F) now for an almost 4 hrs flight than that would be highly "underwhelming".

Comment

Another reason NOT to fly UA...

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                  Yikes I totally don't like this at all. The hard product on the 747 and to some degree the flight times were the only things UA had going for themself on the SIN-HKG-SIN route. If you get some domestic US F seat (that hopefully will be coded as C class and not F) now for an almost 4 hrs flight than that would be highly "underwhelming".
                  Expectations.... Expectations....

The same situation exists between SQ/MH last time but you don't see MH bleeding to death?

Comment

If I am not wrong CO 737(-800) has a premier economy seat. Won't it better?
                    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      Wait, the flight continues across the pacific right? How can a 737 do that?
                      China airlines flies 737 from Singapore to Taipei anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                        Dude. He is referring to the same UA 737 continuing from HKG to US

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                          Not true, assuming the frame will be used for SIN>>>HKG>>>SGN>>>HKG>>>SIN. With a possible retime for an afternoon SGN departure, the bird might would only be idle in HKG max two hours each leg with overnight parking in SIN.
                          That's what I thought at first. But with only 1 bird and the retime of SGN flights, that would mean that if the SIN - HKG - SIN flight is timed for the arrival and departure of flights to/from ORD and SFO, people connecting between SGN and ORD/SFO would have to overnight at HKG?

For example, UA flights from North American to HKG lands 1 to 3 hours before departure of HKG - SIN, but for passengers going to SGN, the plane is only coming back the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                            That's what I thought at first. But with only 1 bird and the retime of SGN flights, that would mean that if the SIN - HKG - SIN flight is timed for the arrival and departure of flights to/from ORD and SFO, people connecting between SGN and ORD/SFO would have to overnight at HKG?

For example, UA flights from North American to HKG lands 1 to 3 hours before departure of HKG - SIN, but for passengers going to SGN, the plane is only coming back the next day.
                            Probably just guesswork now. Let's see

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                              A bit OOT but I think China airlines flies A330 on (SUB-)SIN-TPE
                              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post

What I will be curious about would be in the case if the sole 737 goes tech.
                                If it will do SIN>>>HKG>>>SGN>>>HKG>>>SIN then the HKG-SGN will not be the connection of the US inbound flight in HKG then
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X