Malaysia Airlines gets new livery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    That bird had better be configured REALLY comfortably for me to think of going that distance in a 737!
    I managed LAX-HNL in a CO 737-800 a couple of days ago, im sure you will survive this one which is 20 miles shorter lol
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      I managed LAX-HNL in a CO 737-800 a couple of days ago, im sure you will survive this one which is 20 miles shorter lol
      I think that CO bird could well be more comfy than the way i think MH plans to configure their 738's.

The current leased ML* series 738's have this awful euro-J style seat with an unsold middle. Don't know about the MX* birds, but if they have the same thing - urgh!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        I think that CO bird could well be more comfy than the way i think MH plans to configure their 738's.

The current leased ML* series 738's have this awful euro-J style seat with an unsold middle. Don't know about the MX* birds, but if they have the same thing - urgh!
        i was hoping that would be changed on the new ones. if it's not then you are right, CO was 2x2, just missing a legrest though
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Taken from the MalaysianWings forum...

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...dpost&p=265419

It seems that the business class seats will be very similar to what GA has for its new 738. However, there isn't any PTV on Y seats. Well, I guess we will soon find out when this MXA do its first commercial flight.

Comment

Well actually, in that thread if you read through, someone posted a tweet from the MH CEO (how cool is that?) that said that the picture is wrong. Those are all standard Boeing Sky Interior pictures.

As far as we know now, the PTV will be available for the new 738's that will fly the international routes. So far still no interior pictures.

Regarding business, in that same thread, one member was lucky enough to fly on an ML* series aircraft and said that on some sectors she was given a portable IFE, while on others she was not.

She said that the "seat was comfortable but lacked footrests". No mention of whether it is Euro-style or not. I doubt that because when they first did it there were a lot of complaints and they changed it to proper Biz seats.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Despite it being around for years I still like the current livery. I will reserve judgement on the new one until I see it myself.

Is this right, all 744's gone within 2 years ?!. What are they being replaced with then, 6 x A380's wont do it.
              As a matter of fact, their A380s are only arriving in 2012

Comment

Credit to MH pilot Captain Radzi over at MalaysianWings who leaked this info:

160 plush leather seats: 16 seats in Business class, 144 seats in Economy class. Seats equipped with PED AC power supply for lap-tops and electronic equipment.

Boeing Sky Interior: Welcoming entry creates a distinctive and positive experience, New cabin architecture provides an even more open look and feel, LED lighting enhances the sense of spaciousness in the cabin and a pleasant travel experience to our customers, Quieter cabin, Bigger hand baggage compartments

Inflight entertainment: Each seat is retrofitted with personal LCD widescreen video monitor. Equipped with the latest Audio Video On Demand system by Panasonic XSeries enables passengers to control, view and listen to the inflight entertainment at their own leisure.

Future applications are video games, personal USB media player, e-books and GSM connectivity.

Comment

16C and 144Y for MH? The pitch in Y must be quite tight. In comparison, GA has 12C and 144Y with a 32" pitch. I would prefer a bigger pitch than a nicer interior.

Comment

MH's CEO tweeted a picture of the new B738 interior here:

http://plixi.com/p/54305114

I don't know about you but it looks very LCC to me. Very similar to Lion Air and only different in the color of the seats. By the way, Lion Air will also have the new Sky Interior as well on the rest of its B739.

Comment

Many more photos of both exterior and interior can be found here:

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...iew=getnewpost

I really am not fond of the new livery, but I think the interior looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by jani View Post
                        Many more photos of both exterior and interior can be found here:

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...iew=getnewpost

I really am not fond of the new livery, but I think the interior looks pretty good.
                        http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...0&#entry266529

Comment

The seats look pretty dull IMO. At least they have AVOD!

Comment

I think that the new livery is much better than the old one. It looks much more modern and stylish. The Boeing style interior is very attractive and I would love to ride on those aircrafts.

Business class looks nice... while Y looks a bit weird in my opinion...

Comment

More pics from Boeing's site:
                              http://www.newairplane.com/737/customerHighlights/

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                Oh dear the magic mushroom-inspired Y colour scheme is gone...

Comment

Working...
                                X