• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best International First Class

CGK
    « Thread Started on: Aug 21st, 2006, 10:37pm »
    Look at this thread:
    http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592668

Care to join the discussion in this UA forum? MANFlyer? You had been on UA F right?
    Oh and I still could not believe that some FTers still do not know SQ. They used SA for Singapore Airlines.

MANFlyer
    Re: Best International First Class
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 22nd, 2006, 12:31am »
    on Aug 21st, 2006, 10:37pm, CGK wrote:
    Care to join the discussion in this UA forum? MANFlyer? You had been on UA F right?

I think I'll give it a miss to be honest as I've seen how those threads usually develop and end !!.
    I did SFO-LHR in UA F last year and other than the fact one of the GCG's was ex-Pan Am and was from very close to my home town, it was a rather forgrettable experience. Seat was quite comfortable though.

MovieMan
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 22nd, 2006, 02:40am »
    on Aug 21st, 2006, 10:37pm, CGK wrote:
    Look at this thread:
    http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592668
    Oh and I still could not believe that some FTers still do not know SQ. They used SA for Singapore Airlines.

I think everyone who posts in this forum already knows which is the best F class in the air.
    BTW, I've seen much more experienced FTers make the "SA" mistake, so since this was the OP's first post, I think we can forgive him.

MadameConcorde
    « Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:09am »
    Best International First Class was Concorde.

That is no more.

JPB AKA LOBSTER
    « Reply #4 on: Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:23am »
    Well from my rather limited experience of F my rankings are

1) SQ
    2) BA
    3) LH
    4) EK

Big gap between 1 and 2, small gap between 2 and 3 then another big gap between 3 and 4.

Will let you know where CX fits into my list this weekend

OK having now taken CX I will give them the number 2 spot.
    « Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2006, 08:41am by JPB AKA LOBSTER »

cawhite
    « Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 04:55am »
    on Aug 22nd, 2006, 12:31am, MANFlyer wrote:
    I think I'll give it a miss to be honest as I've seen how those threads usually develop and end !!. ...

Even I give those threads a miss!!! Most of the "veterans" in the UA forum do as well, except for those who like to pontificate for the others. Admittedly I've had some excellent FAs on UA (particularly transpac & transatl) who made for some of the best flights I've had...but with the overall product, I don't think there's any question in most minds

shortfinals
    « Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 07:21am »
    Ok, not international, but I've flown Domestic US/Domestic Australia F in their First Suite - and the seat is very comfy. F on the 3 class 763 less comfy obviously, but still not a bad way to travel.

I don't know why people don't like em. I do. I've never had a bad UA flight. Just looking through my log - Didn't realise it at first but - UA's my 4th most flown carrier after SQ, MH and TG.
    Granted, most of the tricks on how to fly UA were learnt from cawhite - but still, i don't think they'd be an unpleasant experience for anyone who doesn't know the ins and outs.
    « Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2006, 07:22am by shortfinals »

cawhite
    « Reply #7 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 07:42am »
    on Oct 5th, 2006, 07:21am, shortfinals wrote:
    Ok, not international, but I've flown Domestic US/Domestic Australia F in their First Suite - and the seat is very comfy. F on the 3 class 763 less comfy obviously, but still not a bad way to travel.
    I don't know why people don't like em. I do. I've never had a bad UA flight. Just looking through my log - Didn't realise it at first but - UA's my 4th most flown carrier after SQ, MH and TG.
    Granted, most of the tricks on how to fly UA were learnt from cawhite - but still, i don't think they'd be an unpleasant experience for anyone who doesn't know the ins and outs.

<blush> But even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Knowing some ins & outs can help. I know two Cgo-based FTers who thought we were in for a bad flight (mediocre at best) pre-departure ORD_HKG earlier this year. I said "trust me, I'm already working on it... " I'm not sure what their flight was really like compared to mine (they were a couple rows back & said it was much better than they thought it would be) but while mine wasn't an SQ F experience, it was certainly a very good flight for UA (how many offers for refills did I have of those warm nuts? Would you like a second dessert? Beverage constantly replaced & never had to remind her what I was drinking. Always addressed by name. Not asked for a 2nd choice for my meal. It was enough for me to be content.)

On the subject of UA's 767 3-class -- I'd just as soon be in C as F -- it's definitely NOT worth the paid F, and frankly I wouldn't waste the systemwide or the miles to upgrade to F since it isn't the F suite like the 747 and 777.

shortfinals
    « Reply #8 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 09:25am »
    on Oct 5th, 2006, 07:42am, cawhite wrote:
    On the subject of UA's 767 3-class -- I'd just as soon be in C as F -- it's definitely NOT worth the paid F, and frankly I wouldn't waste the systemwide or the miles to upgrade to F since it isn't the F suite like the 747 and 777.

Same here. 5 C or D works better for me than any F seat on the 763.

jhm
    « Reply #9 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 09:43am »
    on Oct 5th, 2006, 07:21am, shortfinals wrote:

Tricks on how to fly UA ? I must remember to ask cawhite and/or CGK the next time I see either of them! However, I must say that I've only flown UA twice (Y/J) on the soon to vanish JFK-LHR and certainly had nothing to complain about (in fact, I enjoyed it).

SQFAN
    « Reply #10 on: Oct 21st, 2006, 12:20pm »
    on Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:23am, JPB AKA LOBSTER wrote:
    Well from my rather limited experience of F my rankings are

1) SQ
    2) BA
    3) LH
    4) EK

Big gap between 1 and 2, small gap between 2 and 3 then another big gap between 3 and 4.

Will let you know where CX fits into my list this weekend
    OK having now taken CX I will give them the number 2 spot.

BA F is way way way over rated. Tried it few weeks ago on a 777 from DXB.
    Can someone comment on CX F?

CGK
    « Reply #11 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 11:14am »
    on Oct 21st, 2006, 12:20pm, SQFAN wrote:
    Can someone comment on CX F?

Paging Mr. Traitors Air.

jjpb3
    « Reply #12 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 1:37pm »
    on Oct 25th, 2006, 11:14am, CGK wrote:
    Paging Mr. Traitors Air.

He's on holiday, cut him some slack.

I believe JPB AKA LOBSTER's most critical advice would be not to forget the jammies you're entitled to (which I got compliments on in my latest trips, by the way, including from SQ FAs ).
    « Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 1:38pm by jjpb3 »

paffendorf
    « Reply #13 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 5:08pm »
    My personal chart (even if my F experience is really poor).

IMHO
    1) New SQ
    2) Actual SQ
    3) Old Sq
    4) New SQ (2nd pull out)
    5) New SQ (3rd pull out)
    6) Actual SQ (2nd pull out)

Is there anybody else!!?
    =D
Working...
X