SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Singapore & Changi Airport

Old 3rd November 2018, 09:40 AM   #16
ninervictor
SQTalk Elite Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby5 View Post
I had a careful look of the place walking through T1 arrivals a week or two ago, then again from the taxi heading home.... whilst it's still dirty now etc. during construction, sorry, but the place is still a mess on the outside.

It is not pleasant to look at.

I just wonder how many drivers will get blinded by sunlight reflection off one of the panels that must surely aim a beam straight down the road. The first photos already give an introduction of what I mean, worse at dusk.
It also poses issues for ATC at the control tower
ninervictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2018, 12:53 PM   #17
cscs1956
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
I had a careful look of the place walking through T1 arrivals a week or two ago, then again from the taxi heading home...…. whilst it's still dirty now etc. during construction, sorry, but the place is still a mess on the outside.

I just wonder how many drivers will get blinded by sunlight reflection off one of the panels that must surely aim a beam straight down the road. The first photos already give an introduction of what I mean, worse at dusk.
I would be more worry on pilot get blinded by sunlight reflection. Think designer is likely to consider this before the project start.
Some years back, Singapore started with level 1 secure building for most important IT shop. Not sure if the same study been conducted for airport or any high security area like sea port etc.
cscs1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 10:36 PM   #18
davidfusq
SQTalk Elite Gold

The new T1 carpark to open on 20 November 2018.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ewel-on-nov-20
davidfusq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 11:25 AM   #19
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfusq View Post
The new T1 carpark to open on 20 November 2018.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ewel-on-nov-20
Park in the lower decks if you wish to stay more than 90mins.

Quote:
The top two carpark floors at Jewel will be reserved for short-term parking, with rates shooting up from 4 cents a minute to $5 per half-hour after the first 90 minutes.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2018, 12:44 PM   #20
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninervictor View Post
and even for aircrafts landing on runway 20-L/C during the afternoon where the shiny broght reflections of the Jewel's roof. It's a matter of time that something will be done to the Jewel's roof when it opens shortly next year.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2018, 03:12 PM   #21
orionmiz
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
I had a careful look of the place walking through T1 arrivals a week or two ago, then again from the taxi heading home.... whilst it's still dirty now etc. during construction, sorry, but the place is still a mess on the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninervictor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscs1956 View Post
I would be more worry on pilot get blinded by sunlight reflection. Think designer is likely to consider this before the project start.
Some years back, Singapore started with level 1 secure building for most important IT shop. Not sure if the same study been conducted for airport or any high security area like sea port etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
and even for aircrafts landing on runway 20-L/C during the afternoon where the shiny broght reflections of the Jewel's roof. It's a matter of time that something will be done to the Jewel's roof when it opens shortly next year.
Well, at most they add sunshades on the roof, something like the "durian spikes" in Singapore Esplanade theatre.
orionmiz is offline   Reply With Quote