Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planes, Thrills and Meals: SQ to Kansai, Osaka , Kyoto and Universal Studios Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
    Wow, thanks CarbonMan
    For a 15 days rental of the Super Premium device, it turns out to be JPY 16,000 only, which is negligible 1) in the grand scheme of the total cost of a 2-week trip to Japan 2) compared to roaming charges... Even cheaper than Starhub $18/day unlimited data...
    it's a lot lot cheaper if you don't get a mifi but instead a SIM to put in your phone (assuming it's not locked to a carrier). I got this in my last trip:

https://t.iijmio.jp/en/index.html

There are two versions:

* valid for 30 days from first use - 1GB of data
    * valid for 3 months from first use - 2GB of data

I bought the 3 months/2GB version (3,790 Yen - about £21).

I bought the SIM card at a branch of BIC Camera. BIC Camera is a large electronics chain with many branches throughout Japan:

http://www.biccamera.co.jp.e.lj.hp.t...ist/index.html

If you run out of data, you can buy a recharge voucher from Yodobashi Camera, Don Quijote, Nojima and Lawson shops (3,000 Yen for another 2G apparently).

There are no voice minutes nor SMS included - I just used Skype when I needed to make calls and it worked fine like that.

Comment

• hi yflyer!

Am planning a couple of days in Osaka this year-end, and wondering which part of December you visited? I am planning to be there mid Dec, and hoping to catch autumn foliage.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by banoffi View Post
        hi yflyer!

Am planning a couple of days in Osaka this year-end, and wondering which part of December you visited? I am planning to be there mid Dec, and hoping to catch autumn foliage.

Thanks!
        Hi banoffi! I was there from Nov 30 - Dec 9. There was still a little autumn foliage, but not much...

Comment

• Thanks!! Guess I won't be able to see any of it then...

Comment

Working...
          X