Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up camp here

Comment

Blimey talk about a cliffhanger! Just read this in the SKL in Hong Kong thankfully there's a decent collection of alcohol to calm my nerves!

Comment

Very interesting, a love story in SQTalk. Cant wait to read more.

Comment

Nice TR , popcorns and coke ready

can we nominate it as TR of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
            Luuuuuuvvvvvvv this one....
            I'm really hooked...
            Make me feel young again...

Will check this "romance" everyday now...
            Please hurry....
            Haha... thanks Dent@SUB... Im pretty sure you're still young...! HAHA...Not getting much older!

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            I must admit i am hooked on this TR. I could turn this into a novel
            Haha... I would love you to turn it into one!

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            it's venacular and slang. You just gotta google it cause truth be told it's a tad rude
            HAHA... Ok i got it !

Originally posted by egondo View Post
            Nice soarbeyond,
            Exciting story, btw will u include the trip to Japan on this TR?
            Thanks
            Hmm... I travel way too frequently to Japan that i didn;t bother taking any pictures. I do have some on the return trip. Will post it up here!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              Excellent, SoarBeyond! How refreshing to read a TR with a plot! Continue please!
              Thanks CarbonMan I will continue and upload the next installment tmr!

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
              When I read "Well... upon hearing that... everything went into a spiral..." I was like, dude, come on, don't give up so easily, especially since she didn't mention she had a bf at first .. then when I read on, I was like:

HAHAHAH... That picture was EPIC Thanks mate! Did some pretty crazy shit for her.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Setting up camp here
              Thanks! Hopefully, i can get the camp fire up as well!

Originally posted by 17august View Post
              Blimey talk about a cliffhanger! Just read this in the SKL in Hong Kong thankfully there's a decent collection of alcohol to calm my nerves!
              Haha... oh come on... It wasn;t that bad till you needed some alcohol!

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
              Very interesting, a love story in SQTalk. Cant wait to read more.
              Will update it tmr!

Originally posted by Handiman View Post
              Nice TR , popcorns and coke ready

can we nominate it as TR of the Year
              Care to share some popcorn ?

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS AND THE SUPPORT! I WILL POST THE NEXT INSTALLMENT UP BY TOMORROW! STAY TUNED!

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                My TR is child friendly ya.
                If it's so child friendly, why so many expletives??? And don't get me started on the "cock bull."

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                I immediately starting looking at flights to fly into CGK the very next day. The fares were pretty ridiculous even on budget carriers but i was determined to go. But, I got an urgent call from my family in Japan requesting me to go back to sign some documents. How timely... I decided to go once i was done with Indonesia.
                I'm more curious as to whether you've learned well and booked your JP trip ex-CGK.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  If it's so child friendly, why so many expletives??? And don't get me started on the "cock bull."
                  Aye... Kids nowadays are so corrupted. They know things which i only found out in my early teens and some have a pretty well versed explicit vocab hidden in waiting to be unleashed on their peers :o Scary world we live in

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  I'm more curious as to whether you've learned well and booked your JP trip ex-CGK.
                  Err... not really :X HAHAH! I flew back to SIN. Hopped onto a flight to HND and flew back by FUK.
                  Last edited by soarbeyond; 27 June 2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

As i got settled down into my seat... I wasn;t too pleased to be in it as it seemed pretty cramped and well... worn ...

I have a vague memory of flying SYE quite a few times the past few years and i somehow... never really enjoyed flying her.

What i needed to enter Indonesia to find her

Looking out through the dirty windows towards a MH 737 in it's new livery

Hot towels were given out, Captain made his announcements, doors closed and crossed checked, Stewardess gave their announcements . Hmm.. pretty SOP!
                    Pushback began and taxi was a fairly short one with no queue infront of us to Runway 20C. while the plane was taxi-ing, the IFS noticed that i was still fiddling with my phone and he whispered really LOUDLY and SLOWLY to me saying that we were about to take off and i should have my phone turned off. It really made me chuckle :X

We did a rolling takeoff which wasn't anything spectacular. I missed the old days where we would get pushed right back into our seats when the throttles were pushed all the way forward... Ahh... good times...

Suddenly...

This happened

The leg rest was unlocked and dropped onto my bag.. Hmm... it didn;t really bother me too much but no matter how much i tried to put it back... it just kept dropping... I think i am in favour of them removing the leg rest. don;t flame me here ya... just my personal humble opinion. I rather they incorporate it into the seat.

10000 feet was attained by our graceful golden goose and the seatbelt chimes went off and the scene i faced was appalling. MANY people started getting up and rushed for the washrooms... Why does this always seem to happen?

I decided to turn on the IFE and see what was good... Nothing much to see really because my remote control was going haywire. The controls seemed to be confusing itself that after awhile i decided to give up and just sit, stone and think of my next move...

" What should i do once i reach? How should i surprise her? Would she be too shocked and just leave me standing ? What am i doing on this flight! WHY am i doing this??? This could be a BIG mistake" Aye.. The human brain... It never fails to stop thinking...
                    Some random shots as i was bored...

Anyone notice anything wrong here?
                    Last edited by soarbeyond; 26 June 2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

The familiar "aroma" of airplane food wafted through the air... Signalling the start of the meal service! I am pretty amazed at how they can conduct a meal service on such a short flight. It seems to me that with a schedule block time of 1hr 30min, is this the shortest SQ flight that warrants a Meal Service?
                      Brunch was served!
                      No menus given out, we were offered our choices by the crews and it was either... Mee Goreng or Quiche. My heart was telling me to go for the mee goreng while the mind was saying quiche! I subconsciously muttered out Quiche and the really chirpy and bubbly steward offered the meal to me with a HUGE SMILE. HAHAHAH... Hmm... i was being a little skeptical about that smile... i think it was just me being me.

The moment i opened up the foil... i regretted my choice... It looked and smelt terribly unappetizing... Taking a glance towards my seat mate's mee goreng... I think i was beginning to loose my appetite...

Offerend on the tray was the main entree

Fruit "platter"

And a rock solid dry brownie

I sliced the quiche and took a bite... WOAH...

(Now Now, kids who are reading this story... Here is a perfect example why... we should... "Never judge a book by it's cover".)

The Quiche was pretty good. Blew all my expectations out the tiny window of the 777.

The end result Ohm nom nom

Before i could finish my meal, descend had already begun. The crew were rushing to clear trays off every seat table and they did it by hand. Very impressive i must say I gotta hand it to them... I admire the hard work they put through on such a short turnaround flight and appreciate the smiles they give even though they're placed under such a noticeable amount of stress.
                      Kudos to them

Comment

Slowing down

While we were descending... I guess.. all the debate about the footrest probably made this old hag give way...

I alerted the attention of a crew member and passed her that piece of the leg rest. I must say... It took her awhile to actually realise what it was All she could say was " Thank You, Sir" I think she must have found it ridiculous that this mad guy passed her a piece of the leg rest. She must've had a good laugh in the galley.... I hope

Then... this happened...

Ta-Da! To those who are in favour of removing the leg rest...
                        Your wish has come true...

Anyone know what this is?

Descend was smooth and we hit Runway 07R nice and smooth at 0958

Speed brakes, Flaps deployed to full.

Reverse trust and braking were also applied.Quite strongly i must say. The inertia from the braking threw me forward

Comment

Here I am...

I was in Jarkarta! My adventures have begun ...
                          I wondered what was installed for me in this foreign land. I DO NOT speak a word of Bahasa Indonesia and my limited grasp of Bahasa Melayu was also going to prove tricky.

When we docked at gate D2, i turned on my phone and noticed 14 unread messages on whatsapp! IT WAS HER! She was asking me where i disappeared to! Hmm... A part of me was yearning to let her know that i've come to her home country to find her... to pick up from where we left off six days ago. but... i couldn;t. I needed to ensure i see through this surprise visit! I made up a lame excuse of going back to sleep... which was ... A WRONG IDEA. Never let a girl/woman know you fell asleep on her

With that done and out of the way,I collected my belongings, thanked the crew and headed out into the Terminal. Uhh... CGK... It;s been quite some time... the minute i was in the Terminal, i turned to my right and saw this bloody ridiculous queue. The queue for the Visa-On-Arrival ended almost immediately after the entrance to the aerobridge... Sigh.. How timely, i got a text from my wingman saying... " Welcome to Jarkata!"

I paid for the visa and got into another queue... I must've stood in line for half an hour and i saw this fierce looking male approaching. I had no idea why the muscle around my mouth decided to spasm and i gave off a smile.
                          He approached me, removed the line thing and all that was going through my mind was... " F@#*... I'm screwed."
                          He said " YOU. GO INFRONT." " GO STAMP PASSPORT THERE"
                          I think my heart skipped a beat for a moment there. I thanked him and made my way to the counter... Bloody dam officer was taking so darn long to stamp passports because he was practically interrogating everyone infront of me while the other lines just kept moving...
                          When it was my turn... I could see how bloody uninterested he was in his job... Moving so slowly, throwing the arrival card around, flipping through the pages like he was a baby exploring a new toy...I was expecting a load of questions from him but all he asked was what flight i got in on, smiled and said " Godbless" ...

WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED BACK THERE???? what was that supposed to mean? A blessing? An unfortunate event about to await me the moment i stepped forward? Guards going to rush to me and pin me down and throw me into a notoriously cramped cell?

Comment

post deleted
                            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:58 AM.

Comment

14 unread messages on whatsapp, that means she is GA-GA totes in luv!
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Dramatic prologue, angsty dilemma, high risk plunge, and the a suspenseful cliffhanger until now, mixed in with all the details of a typical TR - depending on how this turns out, I say you have my vote for TR of the year.

I'm holding my seat

Comment

Working...
                                X