Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Are there ANY 5 Star Grand Hyatts???
    I believe a number of them are rated 5 star... Grand Hyatt Melbourne springs to mind along with Grand Hyatt Singapore - whether they actually are up to 5 star rating is a completely different scenario

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
      I believe a number of them are rated 5 star... Grand Hyatt Melbourne springs to mind along with Grand Hyatt Singapore - whether they actually are up to 5 star rating is a completely different scenario
      just stayed at the andaz in west hollywood with my girlfriend. it was absolutely PERFECT. the service was sophisticated, personal and welcoming. as soon as you arrive, you are greeted by your very own butler/personal assistant, who handles check-in, bags, valet and everything else while you sip complimentary wine in the lobby. the lobby is beautiful, with glass-blown clusters of lights and reclaimed wooden floors. using a high-tech laptop, your assistant shows you the view from each room, and lets you choose your preference.
      in the room, frette linens and towels are a reminder of home, and the complimentary non-alcohol beverages in the minibar is a welcome reprieve from most hotels. i chose a room on the 10th floor that had a picturesque view of the los angeles basin. the shower had 4 oz grooming products, which is great, compared to the normal 1-2 oz travel sizes.
      hotel amenities include a great gym that i got a good workout in, and a beautiful heated pool and sundeck on the top of the hotel, with large cabanas for relaxing with your friends or significant other.
      i couldn't have been better taken care of... everything was superb... it ranks only slightly below park hyatts in terms of my satisfaction. i highly recommend it to all.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
        just stayed at the andaz in west hollywood with my girlfriend. it was absolutely PERFECT. the service was sophisticated, personal and welcoming. as soon as you arrive, you are greeted by your very own butler/personal assistant, who handles check-in, bags, valet and everything else while you sip complimentary wine in the lobby. the lobby is beautiful, with glass-blown clusters of lights and reclaimed wooden floors. using a high-tech laptop, your assistant shows you the view from each room, and lets you choose your preference.
        in the room, frette linens and towels are a reminder of home, and the complimentary non-alcohol beverages in the minibar is a welcome reprieve from most hotels. i chose a room on the 10th floor that had a picturesque view of the los angeles basin. the shower had 4 oz grooming products, which is great, compared to the normal 1-2 oz travel sizes.
        hotel amenities include a great gym that i got a good workout in, and a beautiful heated pool and sundeck on the top of the hotel, with large cabanas for relaxing with your friends or significant other.
        i couldn't have been better taken care of... everything was superb... it ranks only slightly below park hyatts in terms of my satisfaction. i highly recommend it to all.
        Interesting...this is quite the expensive hotel, however, right?

What were the Diamond Perks?
        HUGE AL

Comment

Park Hyatt is meant to be the top brand of the Hyatt Group - less rooms, better service, individual attention.

I have stayed at Park Hyatts in Tokyo, Sydney, Melbourne, Paris, Zurich and Milan and they are all fantastic.

Just came back yesterday from a stay at the Park Hyatt in Sydney where I was for three nights - the Concierge got me a last minute reservation at Rockpool and came over to the restaurant (!!!) for me to sign the paperwork for my new car as Europcar showed up to get me my convertible while I was having dinner...

Comment

Yes. Park Hyatt is the top of the line for Hyatt.

The attention to details can be a bit overboard sometimes.

Some pics from the newly opened Shanghai Park Hotel here:

http://travelbug.sg/index.php?topic=157.msg367#new

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              Park Hyatt is meant to be the top brand of the Hyatt Group - less rooms, better service, individual attention.
              Originally posted by davidtkl View Post
              Yes. Park Hyatt is the top of the line for Hyatt.
              Wasn't this said on Page 1???
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                Wasn't this said on Page 1???
                Yes, but that's how many discussions go: points are re-visited and reinforced as the discussion unfolds.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Yes, but that's how many discussions go: points are re-visited and reinforced as the discussion unfolds.
                    Hahah granted... But this thread is only 2 pages long, maybe it could be understandable for revisting / reinforcing if this were a 10 page thread but for 2 pages?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                      Hahah granted... But this thread is only 2 pages long, maybe it could be understandable for revisting / reinforcing if this were a 10 page thread but for 2 pages?
                      Two pages long, three months apart. I've witnessed discussions loop back to the good points a lot sooner than that.

In any case, reinforcement of points that are well-made isn't such a bad thing, is it? The subsequent posts offered more evidence in support of the original good point, as well as a caveat.

(We're going OT, so I'll stop now. )
                      Last edited by jjpb3; 11 March 2009, 07:28 AM.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Two pages long, three months apart. I've witnessed discussions loop back to the good points a lot sooner than that.

In any case, reinforcement of points that are well-made isn't such a bad thing, is it? The subsequent posts offered more evidence in support of the original good point, as well as a caveat.
                        Point well taken

So... How 'bout those Hyatt hotels eh

Comment

Gunnar Smithsen is all right.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

You're not so bad yourself HUGE AL

Cheers..

Comment

... Yes IIRC the Park Hyatts are the top of the range categories...

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                                ... Yes IIRC the Park Hyatts are the top of the range categories...
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X