Walking Down The (Grocery) Aisle of Singapore Airlines Memory Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Down The (Grocery) Aisle of Singapore Airlines Memory Lane

It's all started when SQ introduced the SNACK MENU. Yes there was that rice vermicelli fish ball soup. If I remember correctly, I had one of those in the inaugural 77W to CDG in December 2006.

Time goes by. And SQ has changed the supplier, I believe. It used to be DODO noodles... and this year, the rice vermicelli was rarely found aboard, and I was told that now it's different company who provides the noodle in the snack menu.

I know it's not an expensive thing, and many of you may think that I am crazy. But hey, I like the noodle, and can be the substitute for my lobster thermidor.

Anyhow, yesterday, I went down the aisles of T&T Supermarket here in Vancouver, and guess what? I found DODO rice vermicelli fish ball soup in the frozen section. Hmmm bought couple of them, and yes, it will be my dinner tonight... I wish I have the F soup bowl at home.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    I wish I have the F soup bowl at home.
    If you'd mentioned it last week, someone could have bot the bowl for you

Apparently he's quite good with that sort of thing...

Comment

QUOTE=SQ LPP;62629]It's all started when SQ introduced the SNACK MENU. Yes there was that rice vermicelli fish ball soup. If I remember correctly, I had one of those in the inaugural 77W to CDG in December 2006.
      Rice vermicelli (or kuay teow) fish ball soup tastes better on 774 (which I took for the first time JFK-SIN last month) than on A345s I'm used to taking between SIN-NY.

There's more garnishing (scallions, fried garlic ) on the 744 version.

Saving weight ( by omitting ) on the ULH A345 I guess

Comment

Also I was introduced to "Crunch" icecreams on my recent ex SIN SQ flights in Y... I've since found I can buy them by the box from my local Giant and have now become addicted to them!
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

For me, it's the cereals served in Y on LHR-SIN -- the one where the milk is on one side, and the cereals on another, and you combine them like a chemistry set when you're ready -- that I remember fondly.

I've found them at Tesco's a couple of times, but they didn't taste as nice. Maybe the missing ingredient is the anticipation of being a few hours away from Singapore.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            If you'd mentioned it last week, someone could have bot the bowl for you

Apparently he's quite good with that sort of thing...
            Hmmm, now a bowl might have presented some technical challenges

Comment

Working...
            X