Start of another round of cost-cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vsepr View Post
    A screw found in the soup in Suites from SIN to AKL!!
    Do you consider this is cost cutting by SQ since you post in this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
      Its a cheaper way to increase the amount of iron in the food!

Comment

• I could have been a Lalique screw maybe?
        I think they’ve engaged the marketing agency used by Kinder Surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          I could have been a Lalique screw maybe?
          I think they’ve engaged the marketing agency used by Kinder Surprise.
          Hi SQ228! I read the blog post that vsepr shared. The bit about the screw found (Link to the pic in the blog post) is quite far down in the post. Looks like a legit case based on the blog, which also included SQ's reply (Link to the pic in the blog post here for ease of reference.) and results of the investigation. Very thoroughly investigated by SQ, who were quite transparent in describing how it happened.

As for what all of this has to do with cost cutting...
          Last edited by yflyer; 14 February 2020, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
            Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Hi SQ228! I read the blog post that vsepr shared. The bit about the screw found (Link to the pic in the blog post) is quite far down in the post. Looks like a legit case based on the blog, which also included SQ's reply (Link to the pic in the blog post here for ease of reference.) and results of the investigation. Very thoroughly investigated by SQ, who were quite transparent in describing how it happened.

As for what all of this has to do with cost cutting...
            i think poster may mean cost cutting = just $200 in compensation only.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
              i think poster may mean cost cutting = just $200 in compensation only.
              SIA apologises to first-class Suites passenger who found screw in soup

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singa...-screw-in-soup

The flight was on 01 Jan 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                A screw found in the soup in Suites from SIN to AKL!!

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/8Zs0XKGpR...o0rrJlqLz3IPn4

Wondering SIA or SATS is responsible for this as SATS Inflight Catering Building 1 is solely cater for SQ flights?

Comment

• Actually I do feel that its just too little compensation to pay at $200 considering the nail was in a soup and any one could have just swallowed it without knowing and get stuck in the throat etc

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    Actually I do feel that its just too little compensation to pay at $200 considering the nail was in a soup and any one could have just swallowed it without knowing and get stuck in the throat etc
                    I don't think there's ever a right number, but is really more about what is optically right.

The cabin crew did immediate recovery by offering a $200 inflight voucher (can anyone confirm if that is the highest amount available?).

What they should probably have done together with such a detailed letter explaining what happened would be to offer something additional, say a bunch of points or something (the amount is of course always debatable). at least that way, they show some additional effort in wanting to make things right for the flyer.

Comment

• The passenger is clearly looking for PR pressure to get SQ to give him more compensation by taking this public. No need to do so - mishaps happen even with the best of us and to me the service recovery was adequate. Of course, some people will like to say but he could have swallowed it. Well, he didn't. If he did, obviously the compensation will be much more. It's akin to the typical American litigant saying hey that guy spilt the hot coffee that could have disfigured me, but didn't, but I still want punitive damages. I am QPPS and once got served a fruit plate with big chunk of mould on strawberry. I could have eaten mould! Well, I didn't, and I just asked the crew to get a new one and not to worry about it. They gave me a $100 voucher and thanked me for being so understanding and not blowing my top at them. Clearly, many premium SQ passengers love to get that kick.

On a somewhat unrelated note, passenger is clearly overweight and shouldn't be taking cream-based soups anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                        The passenger is clearly looking for PR pressure to get SQ to give him more compensation by taking this public. No need to do so - mishaps happen even with the best of us and to me the service recovery was adequate. Of course, some people will like to say but he could have swallowed it. Well, he didn't. If he did, obviously the compensation will be much more. It's akin to the typical American litigant saying hey that guy spilt the hot coffee that could have disfigured me, but didn't, but I still want punitive damages. I am QPPS and once got served a fruit plate with big chunk of mould on strawberry. I could have eaten mould! Well, I didn't, and I just asked the crew to get a new one and not to worry about it. They gave me a $100 voucher and thanked me for being so understanding and not blowing my top at them. Clearly, many premium SQ passengers love to get that kick.

On a somewhat unrelated note, passenger is clearly overweight and shouldn't be taking cream-based soups anymore.
                        TBH, you might have made a good point, but your final sentence is uncalled for.

Seems to be fat shaming and discriminatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                          TBH, you might have made a good point, but your final sentence is uncalled for.

Seems to be fat shaming and discriminatory.
                          Well, I guess to each his own then if one is fine with adversely affecting his/her own body and long-term health.

Comment

Well, I guess to each his own then if one is fine with adversely affecting his/her own body and long-term health.
                            To be fair, some people are genetically born with a body that is predisposed to weight gain. It is not something that is within their control.

Comment

Yep definitely. It’s up to them to decide what they want to do with their body. There is no need to be discriminatory.

Request that you withdraw that comment. It’s uncalled for.

Comment

• Dont think its right to simply presume that "The passenger is clearly looking for PR pressure to get SQ to give him more compensation by taking this public" - as well for a first class pax even if he gets more like 1k for example it may not mean so much to him. After reading this people will pay more attention or even I will pay more attention to the meals served even while travelling in premium classes, just in case.
                                He could have just wanted others to know that this thing did happened on SQ. Similiarly we have seen reports of dead insects and small metal objects in food like in burgers etc and it was also reported in the papers. Bt it doesnt mean the person is really seeking compensation - but to inform others.
                                Last edited by flyguy; 18 February 2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X