LHR T3 - baggage connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHR T3 - baggage connection

I have a 3+ hour layover at LHR T3 in July. Arriving on QF and connecting to SK to ARN.

Given that I have 3 hours to kill, can anyone comment whether it would be a good idea to check my luggage to LHR, clear landside and re-check-in to ARN? Or is LHR sufficiently reliable enough to ensure that my bags make the connection?

As for potential immigration queue concerns, FWIW we'll have a choice between FastTrack and using the EU line.

MTIA.

Three hours sound like a lot on paper, but given it is LHR in July with an arrival on QF and connecting flight on SK, I am a little concerned that you might barely make it to recheck the bags in landside.

I would have QF tag the bags all the way thru and have an SK agent airside double check to make sure they have been transferred on to their flight. And I would pack one set of clothing and all urgent items in my carry on as well.
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      I have a 3+ hour layover at LHR T3 in July. Arriving on QF and connecting to SK to ARN.

Given that I have 3 hours to kill, can anyone comment whether it would be a good idea to check my luggage to LHR, clear landside and re-check-in to ARN? Or is LHR sufficiently reliable enough to ensure that my bags make the connection?

As for potential immigration queue concerns, FWIW we'll have a choice between FastTrack and using the EU line.

MTIA.
      I wouldn't risk it - if only for that fact that if you decide to check your bags to LHR and your QF flight is delayed you're screwed; ie. you won't have enough time to re-check your bags.

Comment

Thanks guys. Well noted.

Comment

QF, LHR, Olympics... recipe for mis-connect

Was QF that much cheaper?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            QF, LHR, Olympics... recipe for mis-connect

Was QF that much cheaper?

Yes.

Comment

Sorry for hijacking this thread...
              I have similar situation with LHR here...
              Time frame: mid August

Will arrive at LHR on SQ at T3 and connect with LH at T1 to FRA...
              Connecting time is 2h35m...
              And then have another connecting LH flight at FRA to CMN, this time connecting time is 1h15m.
              All on J...
              Are that doable?
              Will the luggage safely arrive at CMN?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                Sorry for hijacking this thread...
                I have similar situation with LHR here...
                Time frame: mid August

Will arrive at LHR on SQ at T3 and connect with LH at T1 to FRA...
                Connecting time is 2h35m...
                And then have another connecting LH flight at FRA to CMN, this time connecting time is 1h15m.
                All on J...
                Are that doable?
                Will the luggage safely arrive at CMN?

Thanks in advance...
                You have a very interesting route. Did you consider doing SIN-BCN-CMN? A more logical route with one less stopover that'll decrease your luggage going somewhere else. And BCN is a very friendly airport with hardly a soul unlike busy LHR and FRA.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  You have a very interesting route. Did you consider doing SIN-BCN-CMN? A more logical route with one less stopover that'll decrease your luggage going somewhere else. And BCN is a very friendly airport with hardly a soul unlike busy LHR and FRA.
                  Been using BCN couple of time for transit, and love that airport...
                  But.... No *A flight BCN-CMN

Comment

Been using BCN couple of time for transit, and love that airport...
                    But.... No *A flight BCN-CMN
                    But why not take SQ direct to FRA?
                    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                      But why not take SQ direct to FRA?
                      Couldn't get I class on both flights to FRA on that date...

Comment

mid-August.. is the exact date you travel during the olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                          mid-August.. is the exact date you travel during the olympics?
                          17 Aug.... 5 days after the closing ceremony...
                          Will LHR still over busy on that time?
                          What's LH ontime departure statistic at LHR?

Comment

17 Aug.... 5 days after the closing ceremony...
                            Will LHR still over busy on that time?
                            What's LH ontime departure statistic at LHR?
                            I'd say with 2hr25 you should be fine.. I've never had problems with short connections at FRA luggage-wise either.

On time performance on LH: most statistics are worthless since they list the time you departed from your gate. LHR being an airport with only two runways, even if you depart on time that doesn't necessarily mean you'll arrive on time, that's why the flight duration listed is usually 30 min longer than you'd expect

Bottom line: you'll be fine.

Comment

Could you do MUC instead. Easier airport to connect that FRA

Comment

Working...
                              X