Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emirates MUC-DXB-SIN & Air Berlin BCN-DUS-MUC: Strong Beer & Schweinshaxe (Part II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Those close-up pics of the schweinshaxe is killing me!

You're right about the Nespresso capsules. Apart from Switzerland, they are the cheapest in Europe. At half the price of what one pays in Singapore, I normally buy them by the boxes - easier to ship home.

Dusseldorf looks very pretty. Thanks for the TR, yflyer!
    Thanks again for suggesting the schweinshaxe, CarbonMan!

Yes my initial impression of Dusseldorf was very positive. Hope to be able to head back as I only had a few hours the last time.

Comment

Thanks for Part 2.

Never seen DUS, but was technically in DUS while on a 1 hour transit stop from FRA to YYZ on an LH DC-10 when I was little...

About the way EK serves their instant noodles - I had the exact observation on my recent flight with them. I ordered a cup of noodles, thinking that it would be brought to me with a glass of water, a pair of chopsticks, some wet wipes or serviettes like how it is usually done on SQ. When I saw that only the cub and plastic fork was brought to me, I asked for a can of coke to go with it. And she literally brought me a can of coke...sans cup or ice.

Over dinner, I highlighted this to a friend who is an EK crew. She couldn't understand what the fuss was about, until I told her how SQ serves it.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
        Thanks for Part 2.
        You're welcome, icn.sg!

Never seen DUS, but was technically in DUS while on a 1 hour transit stop from FRA to YYZ on an LH DC-10 when I was little...
        I miss DC-10's. And L1011 Tristars too, for that matter.

About the way EK serves their instant noodles - I had the exact observation on my recent flight with them. I ordered a cup of noodles, thinking that it would be brought to me with a glass of water, a pair of chopsticks, some wet wipes or serviettes like how it is usually done on SQ.
        Yes, SQ is quite amazing in so many small ways. I hope they never lose this attention to detail. It will soon be that time of year when I travel mainly SQ again, and I am looking forward to it. Now how to find a reason to be in Amsterdam in May...

Comment

Working...
        X