To Tokyo on ScootBiz and SQ Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reds and Port.

Alcoholic Cocktail selection. There is a couple of new ones.

Non-alcoholic cocktails. New selections on the menu well.

Flight was rather lightly loaded and soon boarding was completed and safety video was played.

Take off from Rwy16R for the almost 7hrs flight to Singapore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKbqdbUz6po

After takeoff, socks, slippers and eyeshades were distributed.

Started on my first movie.

For my post-takeoff drink, I tried the Grand Pineapple Daiquiri. Honestly, as most of the cocktails uses similar ingredients with slight variations, I felt that they all tasted similar, haha. Satay was also served shortly after takeoff. On this flight, dinner service was conducted promptly to allow a longer rest period.

For the dinner selection, I selected the Hanakoreiki as the international selections sounded boring, At this time, turbulence became quite bad and hot beverage service was suspended. At one point, crew were also requested to suspend service.

First cold bento set. Had a Reisling and cranberry juice (cranberry only available on US flights).

Apologies for the slightly blurred pictures, due to the turbulence and dimmed lighting. As I was still not too hungry after the food in the lounge, I only test-tasted a bit of each dish in the bento set.

After the cold bento set was cleared, the warm set with the mains was delivered.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

However full I am, there will almost be room for dessert! The green tea tiramisu cake was excellent!

Followed by some fruits and cheese. I had the melon and some strawberries, and nibbled on the cheeses.

By this time, the turbulence had subsided and hot beverages were offered. I had a cappuccino and was also presented with a selection of pralines.

Visit to the lavatory, which was stocked with the usual J Class amenities.

Returned to my seat and converted it into a flat bed.

Time for movie in bed!

After a couple of movies, I slept for the rest of the flight, till we were almost reaching Singapore.

Cabin being prepared for arrival. The aft Business cabin was pretty empty on this sector.

Looking down the aisle towards the mid-J cabin.

13min to landing. Our flight path flown.

Landing on Rwy20R. Arrived on the dot at 3am Singapore time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmlLXW5HSc

Again, it was a very comfortable and enjoyable flight on SQ Business Class. With the less than full cabin and attentive crew, service was expectedly great! Even though the seat is of the older generation, it is still one of the best out there. A very pleasant way to end a short holiday indeed!

And thanks to the crew for the set of SQ Teddies!

Thank you for reading and all comments were welcomed!
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Great report, I travel J class quite regularly but never received those teddies or seen them on board. Did you ask for them specifically?

Comment

From my experience in J they only give to kids in J cabin upfront. Adults usually have to request.

The only time I got it without asking was on my honeymoon in suites

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
            From my experience in J they only give to kids in J cabin upfront. Adults usually have to request.

Will have to request to give to the little'uns.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post

Did you get a cake as well? On one of my flight a newly wed sitting next to me in the center got a cake and the teddy bear.

Upon seeing the teddy, I asked for them too

Comment

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                Did you get a cake as well? On one of my flight a newly wed sitting next to me in the center got a cake and the teddy bear.

Upon seeing the teddy, I asked for them too
                Actually yes they did offer the cake and it was done up pretty nice and the entire crew did a hand made wedding card for us. Very touching really appreciate the lengths the crew did. All the crew including the pilots signed on the card

For kids the last 2 times we were on J the crew gave the bear and the kids activity book without asking very proactive of them.

Comment

Working...
                X