Best seats on B777-300 and B777-200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best seats on B777-300 and B777-200

We are flying ARN-SYD return in Economy with 3 kids.
    Aircrafts:
    B777-300ER
    B777-200/200ER

Can anyone recommend the best seats where we might get a little bit of extra legroom?

Maybe other seats that are good for other reasons?

When I made the booking on SQ´s homepage I did not get an option of preferred seats which I understand are seats with more legroom.

When do we get to choose seats? (48 hours before departure?)

Do you think we then have the option of preferred seats?

Originally posted by crl View Post
    We are flying ARN-SYD return in Economy with 3 kids.
    Aircrafts:
    B777-300ER
    B777-200/200ER

Can anyone recommend the best seats where we might get a little bit of extra legroom?
    Do a search in this thread, all the information is here somewhere, if you are having problems finding it Yahoo or Google it. (add SQTalk to the search)

B777-200 (regional 3-class)
    Economy Class: 31ACHK (4PS)

B777-200ER
    Economy Class: 31ACHK (4PS)

B777-300ER
    Economy Class: 31ACHK (8PS)

When I made the booking on SQ´s homepage I did not get an option of preferred seats which I understand are seats with more legroom.
    Yes preferred seats do have more leg room, if you phone SQ you can book these seats, will have to pay more for them. The SQ website said the following "simply retrieving your booking on singaporeair.com any time before check-in commences 48 hours before flight departure to purchase a Preferred Seat."

When do we get to choose seats? (48 hours before departure?)
    Yes

Do you think we then have the option of preferred seats?
    No and is very unlikely to be any left.

How many off you that require preferred seats? as there are not many preferred seats in a row. (Max is 3, I think)
    Last edited by Singapore Sling; 4 February 2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I would add that you have to be 21 or older to sit in a preferred seat.

How old are your kids?

Bulkhead / bassinet row have more legroom

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        I would add that you have to be 21 or older to sit in a preferred seat.
        Not quite right.

Singapore Airlines
        1. What are Preferred Seats? Preferred seats are seats with more legroom in the Economy Class cabin and they can be purchased for a fee of USD 50. This is available for bookings made through singaporeair.com, SIA Reservations & Ticket Offices or Travel Agents, subject to availability. Preferred Seats are different from regular Economy Class seats as special terms and conditions apply to buying and occupying Preferred Seats.

Preferred seats can be classified into 2 main categories:
        located beside the emergency exit doors
        not located beside the emergency exit doors
        Purchasers of Preferred Seats must of at least 18 years of age. An additional set of safety criteria applies for the Preferred Seats that are located beside emergency exit doors. For instance, the person assigned to the seat must be 15 years of age or older (please see “Who can occupy Preferred Seats located beside Emergency Exit Doors?” for the more information).

Preferred seats that are not located beside the emergency exit doors are not subjected to those additional safety criteria and thus may be assigned to anyone who has purchased them.
        Preferred seats can be purchased anytime before check-in (which begins 48 hours before flight departure) by retrieving your booking on singaporeair.com. Bookings made through SIA Reservations & Ticket Offices or Travel Agents must be ticketed on Singapore Airlines. These are identified by the “618” prefix in the ticket number

2. Who can occupy Preferred Seats located near Emergency Exit Doors?
        Preferred Seats that are located in Economy Class near the emergency exit doors, are subjected to the flight safety guidelines of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore.

You may be assigned a Preferred Seat located beside an emergency exit door if you meet the following safety criteria:

At least 15 years of age at the commencement of the journey.
        Fully able-bodied and capable of opening the exit doors and moving quickly or reaching and passing through the adjacent emergency exit. Persons with reduced mobility or any disability, whether profound or partial, and persons using portable oxygen or any other medical equipment are ineligible because they may endanger themselves or others.
        Able to follow the safety instructions in English.
        In good health at the time of check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
        Not carrying infants or using an infant seat belt. Not pregnant.
        Not under the influence of any intoxicating substance at check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
        Not requiring an extension seat belt because of large body size.
        If you do not meet any one of the safety criteria stated above, you may consider purchasing preferred seats that are not located near the emergency exit doors, as those seats do not require the passenger to adhere to these criteria.

If you have purchased preferred seats near the emergency exit doors and do not meet any one of the above safety criteria, Singapore Airlines may re-assign the seat before or during the journey without refund of the Preferred Seat reservation fees.
        Last edited by Singapore Sling; 4 February 2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
          My kids are 3 years, 7 years and 9 years old.

Comment

You will get the 777-200ER for the SIN-CPH sector which has the old Krisworld system (but with AVOD) and the older seats. IMHO, the older seats in Y are a lot more comfortable than the ones on board the 777-300ER / A380.

Like 9V-SIA stated, the bulkhead seats have a lot more leg room.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
            X