A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pulvardon View Post
    Couldn't see a recent post - has LHR gone daily on the new A380 yet? If so, which flight numbers?
    SQ322/317

Comment

• SKS is operating SQ856 today (9/13).

Comment

• There are 3 A380s out of service at the moment... SKP SKR SKQ
        Whatsup with them? Can’t all be retrofitting at the same time?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
          There are 3 A380s out of service at the moment... SKP SKR SKQ
          Perhaps two retrofitting and one in maintenance over in AUH?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
            There are 3 A380s out of service at the moment... SKP SKR SKQ
            I would not be surprised if they took 3 frames to retrofit at the same time. More likely than not, they could do this to accelerate the refits of the A380's, especially the SKL-SKT frame as SQ228 was talking about at one point.

Comment

• For the first time refitting the A380 they won't do multiple at a time. The first one always takes longer whilst they iron out the problems etc.

Comment

• 9V-SKP is scheduled to go for an air-test later today (16SEP18) as SQ8898. Still shows as the old configuration at the moment though.
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  9V-SKP is scheduled to go for an air-test later today (16SEP18) as SQ8898. Still shows as the old configuration at the moment though.
                  Old configuration? In reading previous posts, correct me if I'm wrong, but SKP was out for 2 months. Even there was a post saying that it was out for a period of time, returned for service and went back for maintenance.

Comment

• Praying they update the JFK to sing a380. Tired of that ageing interiors

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Old configuration? In reading previous posts, correct me if I'm wrong, but SKP was out for 2 months. Even there was a post saying that it was out for a period of time, returned for service and went back for maintenance.
                      Out of service does not mean that it is refurnish. Same thing happen to some of the 777-300ER previously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triniflyer View Post
                        Praying they update the JFK to sing a380. Tired of that ageing interiors
                        They will upgrade but might be the last on the list. N suites award will be much lesser.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                          They will upgrade but might be the last on the list. N suites award will be much lesser.
                          That's if SIN-FRA-JFK even remains to be served the by A380. There's a chance it would switch to the 77W in future. We will have to wait and see once SIN-EWR is up and running if it will affect SIN-FRA-JFK loads.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                            Out of service does not mean that it is refurnish. Same thing happen to some of the 777-300ER previously.
                            Right, I hear what you're saying. I kind of thought this because initially sometime this year they are supposed to begin the A380 refurbishments.

Comment

Right, I hear what you're saying. I kind of thought this because initially sometime this year they are supposed to begin the A380 refurbishments.
                              9V-SKQ might be the one doing the refurnish though. They definitely need one more A380 in new config to cover as spare for the other 5.

Comment

SQ isn't doing the A380 refurbishments. Airbus is doing them.

Comment

Working...
                                X