Confirmed : SIN-MAN-IAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
    Is there a security re-check at MAN for passengers flying IAH-MAN-SIN?
    Yes, you get the chance to enjoy the 'fabulous' MAN security staff, who seem to make up their own rules as they go along.

Comment

• Anyone know where SQ53 fly to? Someone posted a fare rule recently n there is SQ053 mention in the fare rule.

Edit: found SQ53 departing on 30/3 from IAH to MAN to SIN. Change flight number on 30/3 only?
      Last edited by sbs2716g; 2 April 2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
        Anyone know where SQ53 fly to? Someone posted a fare rule recently n there is SQ053 mention in the fare rule.

Edit: found SQ53 departing on 30/3 from IAH to MAN to SIN. Change flight number on 30/3 only?
        Hi

I’m not aware of any renumbering of SQ51 to SQ53 - if this was not an inadvertent data error I strongly suspect it was a one-off.

———————————

In other news, the status of FlyBe (which offers feed for SQ from the UK into a number of airports including MAN, LHR and DUS) is up in the air having been purchased by a consortium led by Virgin Atlantic.

FlyBe has been losing money over a fairly long period of time, and one of the stated aims of the consortium is to refocus the network on feeding Virgin Atlantic services at LHR and MAN.

Virgin Atlantic and SQ have traditionally had a close relationship, so there is reason to believe that SQ could stand to gain from this overall (eg if it meant that there are greater connection points onto SQ’s network at MAN and LHR). However, it may adversely affect connections on BE to places like DUS, AMS, CDG.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
          Anyone know where SQ53 fly to? Someone posted a fare rule recently n there is SQ053 mention in the fare rule.

That was a one off due to the season crossover as the entire return trip spanned the NW to NS timetable changes. They don't always do it so not sure why they did this time.

Comment

• A few more connecting TATL opportunities at MAN, via a new/updated codeshare with Virgin Atlantic.

You can now fly SIN-MAN-IAH/JFK/ATL/BOS/LAS/LAX. It appears the routes to JFK and ATL are likely to be on Virgin’s new A35K in the next year or two.

There is no indication whether the SQ codeshare will continue on “Virgin Connect” (the new name for FlyBe after the Virgin and partners control).

There are options to LAX, SEA and ATL via LHR.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...gin%20atlantic

Comment

• They'll sort feed out from Virgin Connect. They were getting good feed on MAN-IAH-MAN with Flybe from ABZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                They'll sort feed out from Virgin Connect. They were getting good feed on MAN-IAH-MAN with Flybe from ABZ.
                I assume the legacy agreement between SQ and BE will continue to run, but there is every reason to believe a the relationship will continue.

SQ appears to have maintained a good relationship with Virgin Atlantic following its disposal of its 49% shareholding in VS a few years ago to delta.

The SQ codes on VS TATL is positive and I wonder whether a deeper relationship with VS codes on SQ flights and SQ codes on Virgin Connect moving forwards is in the works. The potential for mutual benefit here is plain to see, but suspect it will be a year or two before this materialises.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                  I assume the legacy agreement between SQ and BE will continue to run, but there is every reason to believe a the relationship will continue.
                  At the moment everything is just carrying on as it was. If anything they probably could and should work closer together as at times SQ were putting/getting up to 40 pax a day via BE flights to MAN connecting to SQ.

Comment

At the moment everything is just carrying on as it was. If anything they probably could and should work closer together as at times SQ were putting/getting up to 40 pax a day via BE flights to MAN connecting to SQ.
                    There is certainly the potential for a mutual benefits to the arrangement and reason to deliver it further.

For Virgin Atlantic, there is the need for a critical mass in order to develop whatever it intends to develop at MAN. A codeshare on SQ metal moving forward might also assist this develop further.

For SQ, the ability to flesh out a relatively thin sector like MAN-IAH is an obvious one. Perhaps if the arrangement is a success it can offer a further alternative to the other *A hubs in Europe including for TATL flights.

Comment

• anyone tried IAH-SIN? Any feedback? I would be done at SFO in mid Dec and picking another location to visit and come back from there. Either LAX, IAH or JFK.

Comment

• As I live at the stopover point I haven't done the route straight through but have done all four flights, some of them frequently. What exactly do you want to know?.

Comment

• I will be flying IAH-MAN-SIN this summer for the first time. I’ve done the IAH-SIN via Moscow before, so MAN will be new to me. Is there a good lounge for the layover in MAN for a quick shower?

I’ll start my trip in DC, actually, so will have some transit time in IAH. I’ve had a good experience at the Centurion lounge. I can’t imagine the SQ contract lounge at IAH will be better than that, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                            I will be flying IAH-MAN-SIN this summer for the first time. I’ve done the IAH-SIN via Moscow before, so MAN will be new to me. Is there a good lounge for the layover in MAN for a quick shower?
                            Afraid not. The lounges in T2 are poor. Not SQ's fault of course but if any is half decent it would be Escape 2, but that is not SQ's lounge at the moment. You can use Priority Pass to access, subject to capacity limits. The lounge they use struggles on the days/times when both SQ flights are on the ground.

T2 is undergoing a sizeable upgrade and extension at the moment (although the first new pier that was recently opened can't unload A350's at the moment as the jetways don't fit properly... ) and it will definitely be getting a VS Clubhouse and, quite likely I am told, its own Star Alliance Lounge at some point.

I’ll start my trip in DC, actually, so will have some transit time in IAH. I’ve had a good experience at the Centurion lounge. I can’t imagine the SQ contract lounge at IAH will be better than that, right?
                            Yes, the Centurion Lounge is definitely the best lounge at IAH and is helpfully close to the gates SQ use.

Comment

Afraid not. The lounges in T2 are poor. Not SQ's fault of course but if any is half decent it would be Escape 2, but that is not SQ's lounge at the moment. You can use Priority Pass to access, subject to capacity limits. The lounge they use struggles on the days/times when both SQ flights are on the ground.

T2 is undergoing a sizeable upgrade and extension at the moment (although the first new pier that was recently opened can't unload A350's at the moment as the jetways don't fit properly... ) and it will definitely be getting a VS Clubhouse and, quite likely I am told, its own Star Alliance Lounge at some point.

Yes, the Centurion Lounge is definitely the best lounge at IAH and is helpfully close to the gates SQ use.
                              Thanks Man Flyer. Serious bummer that there is no shower at MAN. Even Moscow’s dinky lounge had a workable hot shower!!

For the transit at IAH, I was wondering if anyone ran into the same problem I did the last time I took the SQ flight out of IAH. I started my journey in another city and flew in on United to IAH to catch the SQ flight. The station that I flew in from could not figure out how to print my SQ boarding pass (they also couldn’t figure out how to print a bag tag to check my bags all the way thru, so interestingly they did a manual bag tag). No internet boarding pass either, so when I arrived at IAH, I was forced to leave the airside of the terminal to check in, then clear security again to return to the airside and to the Centurion lounge. Without a boarding pass I figured I wouldn’t be able to access the lounges, and also I wasn’t sure if I could have simply waited airside and expect the gate agents to print me a boarding pass (there were no agents yet since it was hours before the flight). Any tips on what to do when in this situation at IAH?

Comment

• I cant help with connecting on to SQ51 as I am always in Houston for a day or so at least before flying home. I do know connecting to and from SQ51/52 is difficult at times as UA still wont play ball with connections into and out of IAH. I know that is bizarre when one *A carrier is flying into a fellow *A carrier's hub, but it gives you a perfect illustration of the relationship between SQ and UA.

Connections are not impossible as I hear regular stories of people on the same booking getting luggage checked though and BP's issued, including some of our Engineers who got that when flying MAN-IAH-SEA last year. But as you have seen for yourself, it is very hit and miss.
                                Last edited by MAN Flyer; 20 May 2019, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X