Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQT Poll: Which is your favorite mall in Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQT Poll: Which is your favorite mall in Singapore?

After returning from NYC where the last few hours were spent hopping on the subway running from one store to another buying stuff that London can't supply me cheaply or at all, my thoughts turned to the shopping haven that is Singapore.

So I'm curious: which mall in Singapore is favored by SQTalkers, and why?

(I'll sit on this question myself for now, as I have to break a couple of ties in my head. My vote to be revealed after some rumination ... )
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

I think NAC (Ngee Ann City), Paragon, and Palais Renaissance have almost everything that I need materialistically.
    Why? Good selections.

Comment

I think Ngee Ann City has virtually everything so I'm going for that. Plus, great food court!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I was just thinking last week that Singapore should be renamed to Mall City - what with all those new malls like Vivocity, Velocity, etc...

I like Suntec City Mall, but then I think its just that I find myself in that area more often.

Comment

I think I will vote for Ngee Ann City too. Although my ideal mall would have everything in there, plus something like HMV (which admittedly is only a relatively short walk away).

Suntec City is huge, but I don't like the fact that it always feels too crowded because of some of the narrow corridors.

Raffles City is another one I like. Also Paragon...

I remember when I first moved to Singapore one of the things that struck me was the sheer number of shopping malls.

Comment

After some rumination, my vote goes to Savage25's choice: Suntec City mall. I used to dislike it because of the crowds, but the opening of Vivocity seems to have siphoned off the crowds.

Why I like it:
            • The range of stores (big loss with the move of Polo, however )
            • The food court downstairs
            • Planet Fitness
            • Easy (airconditioned) access to neighboring Marina Square [site of sailaway75's green tea ice cream recommendation; finally tried it this past visit ] and Raffles City, two of my other favorite malls
            • Proximity to my favored hotels (Pan Pacific, Conrad, The Oriental)
            • Proximity to the Esplanade when I find something cultural I'd like to attend
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Suntec for me.

But increasingly Marina Square. The foodcourt there has some very nice char siew. He he, I've even found a preferred parking area there now

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Suntec for me.

But increasingly Marina Square. The foodcourt there has some very nice char siew. He he, I've even found a preferred parking area there now
                Marina Square has gotten better after the mess it looked during the renovations the last couple of years.

Comment

All these big shopping centres without a soul! I think I prefer something more local and Singaporean - somewhere in the heartlands.

Comment

They have malls in Singapore?

I apparently have tunnel vision and can only see the food courts. That's where I usually hang out...chowing down on so much great food.

Comment

Suntec is my favourite even if i like both NAC and Raffles city
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                        How about Serangoon Road, Little India?

Nah, no Concorde last time I was there.

Comment

Working...
                        X