SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    The 777s for which there have been no ACARS reports in the last 30 days are: 9V-SYA, 9V-SYD, 9V-SQB, and 9V-SVC.

Does anyone have any definitive information on the status of any of these?
    9V-SQB is confirmed as stored at Airfleets.com, and I saw a report -- may have been AirBritain's news mag -- that she ferried to VCV last month.

I've nothing on any of the 773s, except, as you say, nada ACARS reports......................

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post

I've nothing on any of the 773s, except, as you say, nada ACARS reports......................
      Is there any way to see the ACARS reports online ?

Comment

9V-SYA still in svc. Oped SQ860/863 170609.

9V-SQB is no longer in the active fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
          Is there any way to see the ACARS reports online ?
          http://www.acarsd.org/

Comment

SQB on Fri 19/June operated SQ422 to BOM departing from gate F52.

She's still around.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              SQB on Fri 19/June operated SQ422 to BOM departing from gate F52.

She's still around.
              July edition of Silverkris shows 31 772 and 15 77E in fleet further confirming that SQB is still around.

Comment

Yes I caught a glimpse of SQB the other day sitting south of the F gates.

Comment

As of today, the SQ 777s without ACARS reports in the last 30 days are 9V-SYD, 9V-SQB, 9V-SRF, and 9V-SVC. 9V-SQB has been otherwise reported to be in operation. 9V-SRF and 9V-SVC are probably just coincidental and may show up in an ACARS report sometime soon.

9V-SYD hasn't shown up in several months and is probably either undergoing cabin refit (with a delay mid-way through) or is the one 777-300 that will not be refitted and has already been delivered to her new owners. I suspect the former.

Comment

As of today, the SQ 777s without ACARS reports in the last 30 days are 9V-SYD, 9V-SQB, 9V-SRF, and 9V-SVC. 9V-SQB has been otherwise reported to be in operation. 9V-SRF and 9V-SVC are probably just coincidental and may show up in an ACARS report sometime soon.

9V-SYD hasn't shown up in several months and is probably either undergoing cabin refit (with a delay mid-way through) or is the one 777-300 that will not be refitted and has already been delivered to her new owners. I suspect the former.
                    Thanks zvezda for the update.
                    I find it a little odd that official information on the 777 cabin refit is so not happening.
                    Last edited by SQJunkie; 27 June 2009, 04:58 PM.
                    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                      Thanks zvezda for the update.
                      I find it a little odd that official information on the 777 cabin refit is so not happening.
                      Amazing really, I thought the re-fits were suppose to start in February but not a word as yet.

SQ238.

Comment

My guess is that 9V-SYD started her cabin refit in February, as per the previous announcement in the employee magazine and some sort of a major snag was found in one of the products that required redesign. If so, 9V-SYD would have been fully stripped and then all work stopped mid-way through installation of the new cabin. Since this is speculation, I have no idea which product (seats, lavs, galleys, etc.) might be the problem and no way to guess how long it might take to manufacture the replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by mcsour1 View Post
                          July edition of Silverkris shows 31 772 and 15 77E in fleet further confirming that SQB is still around.
                          Then again it was 46 in June. So it looks like they took SQB out of service but decided to reintroduce it back into the fleet.

Comment

On June 17, I saw 9V-SQB in a parking stand with full SQ colors!

Comment

The 777s for which there have been no ACARS reports in the last 30 days are: 9V-SYA, 9V-SYD, 9V-SQB, and 9V-SVC.

Does anyone have any definitive information on the status of any of these?
                              9V-SYA has been flying regularly since 13 June, according to ACARS database. Last recorded flight was 2 July as SQ863 (HKG-SIN). There was, however, no flight recorded between 14 May and 13 June. Anyone knows the reason for its 1 month absence?

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Airlines lover View Post
                                On June 17, I saw 9V-SQB in a parking stand with full SQ colors!
                                http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...-ER/1549739/M/

Comment

Working...
                                X