Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shortfinals
    Founding SQTalker
    Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #64 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 2:13pm »
    on Oct 19th, 2006, 2:06pm, MANFlyer wrote: Yes, it bloody well does !!!.

Not to me. Raffles/Business/whatever, they're a rare and nice treat for a lowly Y flyer like me. I'm always grateful - whatever it's called

MANFlyer
    Founding SQTalker
    Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #65 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 2:19pm »
    on Oct 19th, 2006, 2:06pm, 9V-JKL wrote: So the 'biz' seats have to be manually folded down. Hmmm......I would have prefered that it just slides all the way flat rather than having to get up and fold it down.

I can't understand those who think this is even an issue, what's the problem with getting out of your seat ?.

Surely you don't sit down when you board then never leave your seat until you have arrived at your destination ?. You have to get out of a SkySuite to allow them to make your bed now.

I wonder if they'll now do this for you in Raffles ?.

PS - see it only took OWF 4 posts to get suspended this time !

« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006, 2:21pm by MANFlyer »

9V-JKL
    SQTalk Elite Gold

Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #66 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 2:26pm »
    on Oct 19th, 2006, 2:19pm, MANFlyer wrote: I can't understand those who think this is even an issue, what's the problem with getting out of your seat ?.

Just sometimes, when you're already semi-recline and dozing off and want to just got fully flat ASAP, a full reclining does have its advantages

shortfinals
    Founding SQTalker

member is online

Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #67 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 3:13pm »
    Some 77W news...... you heard it here first.

CDG will start NOV. It will be a straight replacement for the 744 on SQ334/333. There won't be a second daily to CDG.
    ZRH starts DEC. Same applies for SQ346/345. No second daily. Safe to say an award/paid seat in January to either ZRH/CDG booked and issued now, will be on the 77W.

Also noted was :
    1) Services will start from the outset as "daily77W"
    There won't be days where they operate a 744 instead due to lack of frames. Ducks in a row first- just like SQ to be like that.

2)Current 744 routes to receive priority. Meaning ICN/SFO/MXP/BCN currently operated by 777's will be the last to get it. They want to ditch the 744's first, before any 772's go.

3)MEL - It will be 227/228 to receive 77W. Not 237/238/217/218 as speculated earlier. This is partly also due to point 2).

Source? A little bird in the tree.

EDIT: 1 NOV - anyone want to share the shoe I've got in my mouth?
    Last edited by shortfinals; 1 November 2006, 03:42 PM.

Comment

MANFlyer
      Founding SQTalker
      Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #68 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 3:37pm »

Excellent stuff !!.

Noted the comment about 2nd daily to CDG but am not sure who suggested there would be ?. Besides the fact I don't think the loads justify it at the moment (who knows when the new kit arrives, AF have 2-3-2 in J on CDG-SIN) slots at CDG are second only to LHR in their difficulty to obtain.

1) That makes sense.

2) That's what I understand, mainly due to tha fact they have already sold a number of 744's that are going at the end of the year and have been unsuccessful in trying to delay their departure.

3) Again makes sense due to 2 !.

« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006, 4:11pm by MANFlyer »

jhm
      SQTalk PPS Club
      Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #69 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 3:37pm »

ZRH starts DEC and it will be daily 77W ? Don't you and I have a seat on an a ZRH bound 744 in DEC ?

glam82
      SQTalker
      Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #70 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 3:57pm »
      on Oct 19th, 2006, 2:13pm, shortfinals wrote: Not to me. Raffles/Business/whatever, they're a rare and nice treat for a lowly Y flyer like me. I'm always grateful- whatever it's called

It does matter to a certain extent, Raffles Class, Jubilee, Leadership, Megatop, these are all names/titles that have endeared us to SQ, it makes the trip a little more special flying Raffles class as compared to just Business class... And what Manflyer said is right, will Krisflyer, SKL all be taken away and given a general name in future?

KeithMEL1985
      Founding SQTalker
      Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #71 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 5:13pm »
      on Oct 19th, 2006, 3:13pm, shortfinals wrote: 3)MEL - It will be 227/228 to receive 77W. Not 237/238/217/218 as speculated earlier.

Excellent. Thanks mate.

MANFlyer
      Founding SQTalker

Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #72 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 5:36pm »

I wondered how long it would be before the green eyed monsters started the old wives tales; Cabin Crew pay, working terms etc. Even got the word Robotic on the first page:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614336

There are so many factual inaccuracies in some of the posts, one in particluar by a rather predictably boorish individual, that we could have a field day pulling it apart. However, we know how those threads develop and end so I'm staying away...

SingaporeAir
      SQTalker
      Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #73 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 6:07pm »
      on Oct 19th, 2006, 3:13pm, shortfinals wrote: 2)Current 744 routes to receive priority. Meaning ICN/SFO/MXP/BCN currently operated by 777's will be the last to get it. They want to ditch the 744's first, before any 772's go.

I am bemused.

On the KrisWorld page, there was a sentence saying that CDG and ZRH would get the B77W followed by (in no particular order) MXP/BCN, ICN/SFO, certain services to MEL and PVG.

MXP/BCN and ICN/SFO and PVG are not Megatop services.

That just leaves MEL and if they're only going to replace one of the MEL flights (assuming it's a B744), then by logic don't you just go on to the next which is the three(5) aforementioned destinations?

This is assuming they pulled the sentence off the website as it was a secret which is relatively factually-based.

Rebuttal?

paffendorf
      Founding SQTalker
      Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #74 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 6:14pm »

Dear Administrator,
      Is it possible to split the thread, please?
      There are two main themes in this thread (Raffles/Business name and the new product/routes)
      Wouldn't be better to create a sperate 3d?
      cheers
      luke

Comment

paffendorf
        Founding SQTalker
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #75 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 6:23pm »
        on Oct 19th, 2006, 3:13pm, shortfinals wrote: 2)Current 744 routes to receive priority. Meaning ICN/SFO/MXP/BCN currently operated by 777's will be the last to get it. They want to ditch the 744's first, before any 772's go.

Actually i'm booked on SQ377/378 in C/J on these dates:

outb: 27th february
        inb: 12th March

... not yet ticketed.
        What should i do? I hope to get the new plane (but not really confident).... in the case, i like to avoid the surcharge.... do you think i should issue ticket immediately!?

« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2006, 6:28pm by paffendorf »

MANFlyer
        Founding SQTalker
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience
        « Reply #76 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 03:30am»
        on Oct 19th, 2006, 6:23pm, paffendorf wrote: Actually i'm booked on SQ377/378 in C/J on these dates:

outb: 27th february
        inb: 12th March

I think you are going to be TOO HAPPY a lot sooner than we all thought....
        The fragrant harbour lot are going to be pleased soon as well
        I know the exact dates and flight numbers of the first 77W flight to 3 different destinations, but I can't put it on here til tomorrow, when it should be official anyway...

« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2006, 04:18am by MANFlyer »

jhm
        SQTalk PPS Club
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #77 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 03:38am »

Any idea what the surcharge will be ?

MANFlyer
        Founding SQTalker
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #78 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 03:39am »
        USD 500 for each flight.

jhm
        SQTalk PPS Club
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #79 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 03:49am »
        Thanks. Not too bad! No word on mileage increases or will all that be revealed (again) tomorrow ?

MANFlyer
        Founding SQTalker
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #80 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 04:01am »
        Not sure on mileage increases. Only thing official so far is the USD500 surcharge and the timing of the first flight to 3 destinations.

paffendorf
        Founding SQTalker
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #81 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 06:20am »
        on Oct 20th, 2006, 03:30am, MANFlyer wrote: I think you are going to be TOO HAPPY a lot sooner than we all thought.... The fragrant harbour lot are going to be pleased soon as well.I know the exact dates and flight numbers of the first 77W flight to 3 different destinations, but I can't put it on here til tomorrow,when it should be official anyway...

But if i issue ticket before fares increase, should i however pay the surcharge?|!

First thing to do tomorrow is to issue my paid ticket and the award one, before surcharges

« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2006, 06:23am by paffendorf »

KeithMEL1985
        Founding SQTalker
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #82 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 07:13am »
        on Oct 20th, 2006, 04:01am, MANFlyer wrote: I know the exact dates and flight numbers of the first 77W flight to 3 different destinations, but I can't put it on here til tomorrow , when it should be official anyway...

Pity I'm at work today or i'd be scanning the different forums zealously.

« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2006, 07:14am by KeithMEL1985 »

Savage25
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #83 on: Oct 21st, 2006, 11:51am »
        Didn't see this posted earlier.....No center overhead bins in P and J.

SQTalk Admin
        Administrator
        Re: SIA Unveils The World's Best Flying Experience « Reply #84 on: Oct 22nd, 2006, 3:07pm »
        on Oct 19th, 2006, 6:14pm, paffendorf wrote: Dear Administrator,
        Is it possible to split the thread, please?
        There are two main themes in this thread (Raffles/Business name and the new product/routes) Wouldn't be better to create a sperate 3d?
        cheers
        luke

Sorry Luke,

No such functionalities on this site.
        Last edited by shortfinals; 1 November 2006, 04:01 PM.

Comment

"Wayofai" from Youtube has put up a mini CNN International article by the wonderful Richard Quest on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRsMTxqmcfU

Comment

There is a video about each product (F, J, Y) downloadable from the SQ website... I think these have just been added?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              There is a video about each product (F, J, Y) downloadable from the SQ website... I think these have just been added?
              It has been a while. Must be because of your trip away from home.

Comment

Oops.. sorry.

So does everyone know of this already, as well?
                http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...se/NE_5806.jsp

Comment

Now the new cabins are out, when can we expect the dickie bows ?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567909

Comment

I just came across the adverts for SQ's new cabins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctRkaIVkM8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdFxj8I0WKY

Comment

Should the new product eventually be applicable to all long haul routes, me thinks that AKL loosing F should not be bad afterall. 30 inch for the width of the new Raffles seat is more than I need in a 10hr AKL-SIN.

To be honest with everyone, the new product seems to have narrowed the gap in that this is the closest Raffles had become to First judging from the criteria provided with statistics and photos. Unlike the vast difference between the current Raffles and current F. If the future difference between J and F isn't that far, I might save some corporate budget and just go with J for the full lenght of AKL-SIN-LHR vv trips in the future and the fact that with PPS, flying in J automatically gets me access to the F section of the SKL.

Of course easier said than done as the ultimate testing experience will be the most important determining factor. But just looking at the information available, hard to see a "BIG" difference between the new J and new F. What do you all think?
                      Last edited by Rejuvenated; 4 December 2006, 04:43 AM.
                      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated
                        Of course easier said than done as the ultimate testing experience will be the most important determining factor. But just looking at the information available, hard to see a "BIG" difference between the new J and new F. What do you all think?
                        The new C still doesn't serve Dom. That's the dealbreaker for me.

OTOH, I sure wouldn't mind flying in C. I'm easy to please.

Comment

Perhaps someone has mentioned this, but does anyone think it's a little unusual that Y has a 3-prong (ala noise-cancelling) adapter:

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                            Perhaps someone has mentioned this, but does anyone think it's a little unusual that Y has a 3-prong (ala noise-cancelling) adapter:
                            Actually, current Y seats have the same 3-prong adapter so its very much carrying forward the design.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL
                              Actually, current Y seats have the same 3-prong adapter so its very much carrying forward the design.
                              Really? Heh. Shows you how long it's been. But that begs the question: why three plugs? Usually that third plug is for the noise-cancelling. Hm...

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                                But that begs the question: why three plugs? Usually that third plug is for the noise-cancelling. Hm...
                                I always thought it was to have a non-standard design so that pax didn't "accidentally" walk off with the headphones...

Comment

Working...
                                X