Plethora of Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plethora of Seats

At most airlines, when a new seat type is introduced, they are phased in across the entire fleet before they are replaced by the subsequent type. At SQ, however, this is not the case. I believe there are now 4 different C seat types and 4 F seat types in operation now. There are the old Ultimo, new Ultimo, SpaceBed, and new Business Class seats. There are the old regional F, the old long-haul F, the SkySuites, and the new F.

Many of the B777s will be going through heavy maintenance soon. Will the seats be replaced?

Old Ultimo? New Ultimo?

Are you referring to the regional seats?

I think it's hard to combine both long-haul and short-haul flights. (Also let's exclude the oddball -SMT here):

Long-Haul:
    F: SuperSkySuites and SkySuites
    C: Super C suites and SpaceBed

Also, I don't think some of the oldest 777s to have seat replacements. The SR series are expected to be phased out fairly soon, although I'm not sure what would take its place. Maybe a reallocation of the SY series to the short hauls and the SV and SW series take over the rest, maybe? Hard to tell right now.
    Last edited by globetrekker84; 6 December 2006, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      Many of the B777s will be going through heavy maintenance soon. Will the seats be replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL
        AFAIK, SRA-SRE are about due for their second D checks. I don't think they would put new seats onto their oldest and de-rated regional aircrafts.

Comment

Apparently there are no plans at the moment to fit the new seats to existing aircraft. They are still considering it though.

Personally I hope they don't after the horrendous increases in redemption rates for a/c with the new products.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
            I believe there are now 4 different C seat types and 4 F seat types in operation now. There are the old Ultimo, new Ultimo, SpaceBed, and new Business Class seats. There are the old regional F, the old long-haul F, the SkySuites, and the new F.
            To be precise:
            F:
            New F
            SkySuites
            Regional AVOD F
            Regional non-AVOD F

C:
            New C
            SpaceBed
            Ultimo (SMT only)
            Regional AVOD C (dark blue)
            Regional non-AVOD C (light blue)

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              To be precise:
              F:
              New F
              SkySuites
              Regional AVOD F
              Regional non-AVOD F

C:
              New C
              SpaceBed
              Ultimo (SMT only)
              Oh let's get pedantic!

C:
              New C
              SpaceBed
              SpaceBed Leather update (see 9V-SPC IIRC)
              Ultimo (SMT only)
              Regional non-AVOD C with new seat covers but no IFE update (dark blue) (see 9V-SRG)

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Personally I hope they don't after the horrendous increases in redemption rates for a/c with the new products.
                i hope they DO! then they'll look a little silly compared to the rest of the known universe for requiring double miles for their entire long haul fleet, which will lead them to rescind the stupid enhancement after people abandon KF in droves. The only thing that's really keeping civil war from happening is that only the new seats are subject to the double rates.

Comment

SMT is no longer painted in SQ's livery, so no more B744 Ultimo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                    SMT is no longer painted in SQ's livery, so no more B744 Ultimo.

What has happened to the Black Sheep then ?. I think SMM is no longer in the fleet as it's undegoing a cargo conversion.

Comment

It went on a test flight yesterday minus the golden bird on the tail and titles. Just the cheatline.

My guess is it may be going to Oasis Air

Comment

Working...
                      X