T3 Goes Live: Impressions of T3 and the SQ Lounges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics

New terminal looks really nice. Still not that impressed by new SKL yes an improvement over the current one but still seems way behind class leaders. But of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating so I will withhold final judgement until I get a chance to try it for myself.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Carfield. I think the new SKL looks great especially the F bar area.

Comment

To be honest, I expected something great from SQ but the FCT of LH is still much better, at least in my opinion.
        You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Excellent, Carfield--thanks for the pictures and the report.

Comment

Thanks Carfield! Looks good.. I agree with most of your observations.. also after looking at the pictures, there's something about the seat positions in the SKL F lounge that I don't like... can't really put my finger to it, but it just doesn't feel right.. I guess I'll have to take a look in person..

Comment

Thanks Carfield for the photos! The J SKL looks almost as good as the F SKL. I know it's hard to judge from pics, but T3 looks very nice, big, airy and relaxing with the waterfall, palm trees, artwork etc.

Comment

Thanks Carfield for the pictures and report!

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                Is there a separate lounge for Suite Class?
                According to the Straits Times, there's a 77-seater lounge that will be accessible for certain SQ pax. Doesn't say what but merely hinting its above F
                Last edited by 9V-JKL; 10 January 2008, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the pictures and reports!

Comment

Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                    Since all flights from Hong Kong (North Asia) will arrive at T-3 from now on, I have the fortune to arrive at T-3 on the first day of operation.
                    it is not really true tat all flights from HKG will arrive at T3. Some HKG flights operated using the B777-200 may still arrive in T2.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Carfield!

I like the new SKL F bar but I would need to find someone to guest me in.

Comment

F sounds right

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind comments!

1. I guess the F section is the 77 seat lounge... But then it is a bit too small right? Maybe there is a R lounge... but I believe not all the lounge facilities are opened as of this point... maybe someone can confirm it later!

2. Well according to various signs in the terminal, HKG flights will indeed all use 777s (as well as PEK, PVG, CAN, NRT (except the flight that go via BKK), KIX (same... except BKK), ICN, NGO, FUK... many of the flights indeed are operated by Boeing 777-200ERs, but will still use the new T-3. I am sure there will be rare occasions that some of these flights will use T-2, but knowing the track record of SQ and SIN, it will be rare. The sign is actually very detailed about which flights use which terminal, and all the low-yield routes will use T-2, instead of T-3, but of course, you are more than welcome to track over to T-3 just for the lounge experience. No one will stop you, at least for now!

3. Star Gold members flying economy will use the Krisflyer Gold lounge closer to Pier B. SKL only for premium passengers regardless of status.

4. I think CX F class lounge food is better than SQ SKL F section, but I also agree that CX J lounge offering is weak and the new SQ SKL J section has better food now. My comments really base on my F lounge experience.

Thanks,
                        Carfield

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                          Thanks for the pics, Carfield!

I like the new SKL F bar but I would need to find someone to guest me in.
                          I know a lot of us here will be willing to guest you in. If not, you know who to call....but first we need to make sure that we get our schedules to coincide together.

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind comments!

1. I guess the F section is the 77 seat lounge... But then it is a bit too small right? Maybe there is a R lounge... but I believe not all the lounge facilities are opened as of this point... maybe someone can confirm it later!
                          And hopefully more than just 2 SONY VAIO only. Why does the J section get the new iMac? I love iMac and I wish SQ would do the same for the F section. Anyway, we need more than just 2 internet terminals SQ. Please please add more.

Also, I am sure there are slumber rooms in this section as well since the lounge is open for 24 hours. Do you know where they are located?

How about meeting room?

2. Well according to various signs in the terminal, HKG flights will indeed all use 777s (as well as PEK, PVG, CAN, NRT (except the flight that go via BKK), KIX (same... except BKK), ICN, NGO, FUK... many of the flights indeed are operated by Boeing 777-200ERs, but will still use the new T-3. I am sure there will be rare occasions that some of these flights will use T-2, but knowing the track record of SQ and SIN, it will be rare. The sign is actually very detailed about which flights use which terminal, and all the low-yield routes will use T-2, instead of T-3, but of course, you are more than welcome to track over to T-3 just for the lounge experience. No one will stop you, at least for now!
                          Well, all departures to HKG will be from T3 but not all arrivals. Arrivals will depend on where the aircraft next rotation will be. So if your 772 from HKG will be used next for KUL, then it will arrive into T2.

3. Star Gold members flying economy will use the Krisflyer Gold lounge closer to Pier B. SKL only for premium passengers regardless of status.
                          SKL is also for PPS passengers as well regardless of class it is flying.

4. I think CX F class lounge food is better than SQ SKL F section, but I also agree that CX J lounge offering is weak and the new SQ SKL J section has better food now. My comments really base on my F lounge experience.

Thanks,
                          Carfield
                          Looking at your nice pictures, I am with you 100% regarding the J food offerings. I still think something is missing in F. Although, I do like the bar area and I think it is classy. Judging from how few the food selection is for F, I wonder if SQ will later offer a sit-in dining option for F. At T2 SKL F, there is a self-order freshly cooked food station that operates around certain times of the day. Do you see this at SKL F T3?

Carlfied, thanks for all the nice pictures. Overall, I really like this lounge and I do believe it is somewhat on par now with some of the best lounges around.

Comment

I guess the F section is the 77 seat lounge... But then it is a bit too small right? Maybe there is a R lounge... but I believe not all the lounge facilities are opened as of this point... maybe someone can confirm it later!
                            From the news article, there's a 77-seat F lounge, 410-seat C lounge and another 77-seat ???? lounge that's reserved for SQ's most important pax

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              From the news article, there's a 77-seat F lounge, 410-seat C lounge and another 77-seat ???? lounge that's reserved for SQ's most important pax
                              I heard the new "yet to open" lounge is only for paid F and R paxs only. Paxs on F redemption, F classes on Star Alliance, SIN-KUL F class on SQ and LPPS travelling on other classes other than F will not be allowed in. This is subjected to confirmation.

And oh...no guest allowed.
                              Last edited by Jubilee777; 10 January 2008, 05:19 PM. Reason: Add additional Info

Comment

Hi Carfield,

I noticed that there is no picture with this type of design (or angle) such as the one taken by SQ Solitaire in your SKL F or C pictures. Could this be the newly unopened 77 seats lounge? The seats are definitely of different types in this area.

Comment

Working...
                                X