No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ will receive the seventh and eigth A380s in May 2009. Two comes later in 2009 and one is delivered in January 2010.

Comment

I remember reading on a.net that with the 13th delivered A380 it will not feature Suites but the new 77W First - is this true?

How are the Suites doing in general - are they are bit of a white elephant given the massive fares and not to mention the remeption situation that happened to me with it.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        SYD should eventually support 2x daily WhaleJet service -- at least during high season -- plus a 777-300. Once upon a time, SQ planned 3x daily WhaleJet service to SYD.
        I was almost sure SQ219/220 was gonna be a WhaleJet. I guess we'll have to wait a few years for that.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
          I was almost sure SQ219/220 was gonna be a WhaleJet. I guess we'll have to wait a few years for that.
          SQ have not announced yet which routes will be upgauged to WhaleJet service when 9V-SKI and 9V-SKJ are delivered this year. I've been predicting MEL and a 2nd daily SYD, but we'll have to wait a little longer to see. I think the next WhaleJet route announcement will be on or about 1 June, coinciding with inaugural WhaleJet service to CDG.

Comment

SQ have not announced yet which routes will be upgauged to WhaleJet service when 9V-SKI and 9V-SKJ are delivered this year. I've been predicting MEL and a 2nd daily SYD, but we'll have to wait a little longer to see. I think the next WhaleJet route announcement will be on or about 1 June, coinciding with inaugural WhaleJet service to CDG.
            They should cut FRA-JFK and upgrade SIN-FRA before LH can roll-out its first A380.

Interesting thought on F instead of R - would make a lot of sense to me... But only if the fix the problem with sleeping diagonal in F...

Comment

Do you also have to sleep diagonal on the new First in 77W?

I'm flying it for the first time ICN-SIN - is it any good? I think I would prefer the current 744 SkySuites.

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post

I'm flying it for the first time ICN-SIN - is it any good? I think I would prefer the current 744 SkySuites.
                SQ J and F seats on the 77W are forward facing seats in a 1-2-1 layout. If you're into flying the 744 for the last time then go for the 744

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  SQ J and F seats on the 77W are forward facing seats in a 1-2-1 layout. If you're into flying the 744 for the last time then go for the 744
                  I am booked on one of the last commercial 744 SQ flights SYD-SIN in October in F...can't wait. I still love the SkySuites - I have got a soft spot for them...you can tell by my user name too!!!

Comment

Are the next 2 A380s still going to be delivered in May?

We haven't heard much about them recently.

Comment

Originally posted by mcsour1 View Post
                      Are the next 2 A380s still going to be delivered in May?

We haven't heard much about them recently.
                      SKG/SKH are undergoing final interior fitting and should be ferried back to TLS from XFW for handover next week.

Comment

Are these the ones for the CDG route?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                          Are these the ones for the CDG route?
                          Not exactly. All the SQ WhaleJets will fly the CDG route. 9V-SKG and 9V-SKH will be added into the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post

Yes! You have to sleep diagonal! Thanks to some very bright people at SQ, they though they could decrease seat pitch because the seat is so wide... Hasn't been a smart idea and I wish they would revise it. Afraid though, we will be stuck with the seat for the next 6 years...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              Yes! You have to sleep diagonal! Thanks to some very bright people at SQ, they though they could decrease seat pitch because the seat is so wide... Hasn't been a smart idea and I wish they would revise it. Afraid though, we will be stuck with the seat for the next 6 years...
                              The new F has a pitch of 71" (5' 11" or 180cm). You only need to sleep diagonally if you are very tall, like over 5' 9" (175cm).

Comment

Not exactly. All the SQ WhaleJets will fly the CDG route. 9V-SKG and 9V-SKH will be added into the rotation.
                                I'm sorry, I meant, are these two critical to the launch of the Paris route. I think the answer is yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X