No announcement yet.

Reviews of Starwood hotels - London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received this email from Mr C. B, cc'ed to a Ms JC dated 19 Oct.

Dear SQFAN,
    Thank you for your email outlining the disappointment and discomfort you experienced during your recent stay at The Park Lane Hotel.

I do understand that you did not enjoy your stay with us overall and that you you found the allocated Classic room and the various facilities within it to be unsatisfactory and poor of standard. I have viewed your photographs and would like to assure you that this is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards. It is my pleasure, however, to inform you that we are planning for a remodelling and refurbishment of the entire hotel in the future. On another note, I was pleased to read that you found our Associates to be courteous during your stay and have advised the Front Office Head of Department that your checkout experience was less than satisfactory.

SQFAN, once again, please accept my apology for any disappointment and frustration that you encountered during your stay and in an effort to make amends and as a gesture of goodwill, I have today credited your Starwood Preferred Guest account with 12,000 Star points, which is equivalent to one-night's accommodation. I would also like to take this opportunity to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our Suites on your next visit. Perhaps you would be kind enough to contact my office directly when planning a future trip in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to ensure that your next stay is a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Yours sincerely,

C
    Area Manager England
    General Manager, Starwood Hotels Central London
    Last edited by SQFAN; 29 October 2007, 05:21 AM. Reason: update proper title

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
      I received this email from Mr C. B, cc'ed to a Ms JC dated 19 Oct.
      Wow, I think that's quite a good gesture of goodwill, and seems like a genuine effort to keep a loyal customer.

SQFAN, does this make amends in your view? Will you consider this property for future stays?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Wow, I think that's quite a good gesture of goodwill, and seems like a genuine effort to keep a loyal customer.

SQFAN, does this make amends in your view? Will you consider this property for future stays?
        It is difficult to refute when there is photographic evidence and I am glad SPG responded in a timely and efficient manner.

For someone who decided to put all his future hotel stays to SPG and had I not seen Sheraton Park Lane rooms in the past prior to my visit, I would have chosen not to return as it was such an awful introduction.

The sweetener here was the offer for a suite and for that I am tempted to return to Sheraton Park Lane. Since I expect visit the said property next year, do watch out for a trip report then.
        Last edited by SQFAN; 29 October 2007, 05:31 AM.

Comment

...The sweetener here was the offer for a suite and for that I am tempted to return to Sheraton Park Lane. Since I expect visit the said property next year, do watch out for a trip report then.
          YGPM re what you might be able to expect on that visit.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
            YGPM re what you might be able to expect on that visit.
            You're so sweet. Thanks for the info.

Comment

You're so sweet. Thanks for the info.
              Happy to help.

Comment

Went to see the room of Mr. SQFAN at Park Lane last week. And wow, what's a different style! Hope he will post the pictures to see...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Went to see the room of Mr. SQFAN at Park Lane last week. And wow, what's a different style! Hope he will post the pictures to see...
                  Can't wait to see!

Comment

FWIW, I got the same offer of 12k starpoints from their Customer svcs manager because of a VERY rude front desk staff. I'm still sworn off them though - the belgravia is MUCH better. Dunno if ms. S.V is still the Manager there, but she's 10 notches above the one at the Park Lane.

Comment

SPG London Park Lane 071110 - Suite (Study)

Here's the follow up to my mini saga with SPG London Park Lane.

I was automatically upgraded to a suite. The following pictures will, hopefully, convey the type of room which I received. The unique feature about the room style was the decor which neither fitted in with my earlier stay or the nice rooms Cawhite's ones. The best thing about the room : Clean carpets.

The Suite (SPG 6th Floor) comprises three rooms: Study, Bedroom and Toilet.

From the main door, the Toilet is to the immediate left, bedroom to left and Study to the right.

Location of Room within the Hotel

View outside the Room

View outside the Room

View of the Study from the Hallway

From within the Study. Underneath the horrid looking cabinet is the mini bar.

Notice the big hole above the outer bottle of Gordon's Gin.
                      That's where the cool air escaped from the fridge.
                      Last edited by SQFAN; 19 November 2007, 08:48 PM. Reason: correction ...

Comment

A superb toilet with the exception of that black dated toilet seat cover. However, I was surprised in that I expected better (ie branded) toiletries for a suite.

The shower is to the right. (Above head shower head)

The toiletries.

The toiletries.

Comment

The Bedroom

The bedroom is spacious, with the same view as the Study. As you enter, the bed and wardrobe is to the left. Straight on is a table and TV set.

The room has air condition too.

Comfy bed + one faulty bed lamp

A peek into the wardrobe (left)

A peek into the wardrobe (right)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            ...the belgravia is MUCH better. Dunno if ms. S.V is still the Manager there, but she's 10 notches above the one at the Park Lane.
                            My understanding is that she left a couple months ago.

Comment

Here's the follow up to my mini saga with SPG London Park Lane.

I was automatically upgraded to a suite. The following pictures will, hopefully, convey the type of room which I received. The unique feature about the room style was the decor which neither fitted in with my earlier stay or the nice rooms Cawhite's ones. The best thing about the room : Clean carpets.

The Suite (SPG 6th Floor) comprises three rooms: Study, Bedroom and Toilet.

From the main door, the Toilet is to the immediate left, bedroom to left and Study to the right.
                              ...[/CENTER]
                              I had a suite similar to this earlier this year (similar in floorplan rather than furnishings) although it had a tv room rather than a study.

...However, I was surprised in that I expected better (ie branded) toiletries for a suite...
                              I've had branded toiletries in only one suite at the Park Lane, all the other suites have had the Sheraton branded items.

Thanks for sharing the photos & your experience with us.

Comment

Sheraton Park Tower London, a Luxury Collection hotel
                                Knightsbridge

This was one of those LC branded Sheratons, or Sheraton branded LCs depending on your perspective. More likely the latter IMO due to the global significance of the Sheraton branding. I'd needed a one night stay in Central London and was simply looking for the cheapest SPG property - and incidentally this property seemed to be the cheapest when I looked, which was a good thing as apart from the Sheraton Belgravia the other SPGs in London seem to attract very mixed reviews.

The best bit about the hotel is its excellent location - great proximity to some awesome shopping. Harvey Nichols was literally just around the corner, with more great high street shopping down the same road. It was easy to squeeze in some shopping before my flight to Malta on the same day.

At check in I was given a complimentary glass of champers. I was upgraded to the Butler Floor when I checked in, although this took a bit of gentle nudging. Apparently there were very few suites at this property and people actually do pay for suites here - the rest of the rooms are identical in shape and size. Took the points again as my amenity. My luggage took a while to arrive in my room and when it did - it was someone else's suitcase! The porter was most apologetic and I was reunited with my bag soon after.

I quite like the decor - it was a good blend of traditional and clean line modern. My room was a bit curved due to the circular shape of the building. The bed was nice, and there were Molton Brown amenities in the bathroom.

I had no need for a butler but the complimentary room service breakfast was delicious. Had a nice Eggs Benedict but immediately felt homesick as no one does Eggs Benedict like the mum and pop cafe down the road from my apartment in St Kilda!

I quite enjoyed my short stay, but will only return if the price is right since this property can get pretty expensive and nice as it is - I don't think it's worth that much more than what I paid.
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 13 February 2008, 04:43 AM.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X